Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marcus Rashford

+6
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Ten Bobsworth
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
okocha
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Marcus Rashford Empty Marcus Rashford Wed Jul 28 2021, 22:20

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At 23, Rashford this week became the youngest person to top the Sunday Times' Giving List by eliciting an estimated £20m (125 % of his net worth) in donations to the food poverty charity FareShare, of which he is an ambassador. 

What a remarkable, worthy, humbling achievement.....

2Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Wed Jul 28 2021, 22:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hmmm.

Marcus Rashford 17_MPM-KINGFISHER_NO_FISHING-2-1024x683

3Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Wed Jul 28 2021, 23:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bob....Bob.....Bob! Come to bed.

Coming dear. Just finishing my Horlicks.
Marcus Rashford Tenor

4Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 07:47

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:

Bob....Bob.....Bob! Come to bed.

Coming dear. Just finishing my Horlicks.
Marcus Rashford Tenor
I'm ever the optimist but, when someone over fifty has the mental capacity of a ten-year old, you can't expect that the penny will ever drop, can you Boncey?

5Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 08:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure what this 'giving list' is all about, but I'd have to question how they come up with these figures.

6Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 09:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I'm not sure what this 'giving list' is all about, but I'd have to question how they come up with these figures.
Flipping 'eck Boncey, you'd have to question the figures? 10/10. You're almost becoming a model pupil.

7Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 09:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marcus Rashford BASH001-e1550055340630

8Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 10:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:I'm not sure what this 'giving list' is all about, but I'd have to question how they come up with these figures.
Must be accurate....it was reported in the i newspaper.....

I think you've been conversing with Bob too much Smile. I gather he's unhealthily sceptical about most things...... Sad

9Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 11:14

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Marcus Rashford BASH001-e1550055340630
Loved the image. Do you know anyone, Boncey, who'd believe you if you told them that the Moon must be made of gouda because it said so in the i?

10Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 12:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Must be accurate....it was reported in the i newspaper.....

I think you've been conversing with Bob too much Smile. I gather he's unhealthily sceptical about most things...... Sad
The i is published by the Mail, a newspaper I usually avoid. Mind you, I tend to avoid most of them these days.

Private Eye keeps me happy though.

11Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 12:42

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Can’t say I was happy with Private Eye when Heather Mills  (No not Macca’s ex) did a ‘no show’ after she said she was interested in the dodgy dealings I’d uncovered in our local NHS Trusts.

If its facts your after, Boncey, you’ll not go far wrong following Bob.

https://pressgazette.co.uk/private-eye-journalist-heather-mills-pretended-to-be-me/

12Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 13:12

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Btw Fareshare had been going since 2003 before Saint Marcus 'soon found' it in 2020.

It was about the same time, or probably a little earlier, that someone at Fareshare realised that there's nowt that gobbins like quite so much as gobbin fodder.

The Wythenshawe Foodbank was founded in 2016. I'm not sure if Saint Marcus has 'found' it yet.

https://wythenshawe.foodbank.org.uk/

13Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Fri Aug 06 2021, 06:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't subscribe to the Spectator but was interested to see what they might have to say about the charitable activities of Saint Marcus. Nowt doing yet it seems but I noticed that he used to be a member of Norbrook Youth Club so I thought I'd have a look to see if he'd helped them out at all. They've just had a new building extension funded from charities but nope, nothing from Saint Marcus.

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-details/521238/accounts-and-annual-returns

14Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Sat Aug 07 2021, 12:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What really is your problem with Rashford Bob? The lad does a lot of fine work for many charities. Yes he does get paid well for playing football but he has a talent and why shouldn't he get paid well?

He could just take his money and be a typical footballer but he doesn't and fair play to him for that.

15Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Sat Aug 07 2021, 13:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:What really is your problem with Rashford Bob? The lad does a lot of fine work for many charities. Yes he does get paid well for playing football but he has a talent and why shouldn't he get paid well?

He could just take his money and be a typical footballer but he doesn't and fair play to him for that.
Its not personal. I'm just not keen on celebrity culture or hypocrisy or people pretending to be something they aren't. There might be an element of community concern in him but it doesn't seem to have manifested itself at all until his agent, the Rags PR team and Fareshare's PR team got together and came up with a cunning plan with Saint Marcus at the centre of it.

I gather that Burberry, probably through Marcus' agent, have discovered somewhat belatedly, that Saint Marcus was a member of Norbrook Youth Club and that it would be good PR to make a donation. I've no idea how much it is or how it compares to what they have paid to MUCS Enterprises. Maybe the Spectator will find out. 

And, as you might have noticed, I've never been keen on the Rags or their blatant and arrogant pursuit of self-interest.

16Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Sun Aug 08 2021, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate United as much as you Bob but i will make an exception for Rashford.

17Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Mar 03 2022, 22:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thought you might be interested Bob!

18Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Fri Mar 04 2022, 08:43

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks Sluffy. I've always thought that the Rashford story was a self-serving promotion exercise initiated between the marketing honchos at the Rags and Fareshare along with Rashford's agents. You really need to be articulate to run any campaign and Marcus Rashford simply isn't imo.

I'm a bit surprised that Maguire has picked up on these accounts and so quickly. I suspect that, for some reason, he's been following MUCS Enterprises on the CH website. If you 'follow' a company, CH send you an alert when any new document is filed.

Maguire has rightly highlighted the huge retained profits, cash reserves and the interest-free loan but he does seem to have overlooked a few things not least the small amount of corporation tax. A liability of £284K would amount to corporation tax on profits of about £1.5million yet the retained (after tax) profits have increased by £2.7m. A tax rate of less than 10% on the profits? ..dunno.. ..dunno.. ..dunno..

There doesn't seem to be a 'follow' facility on the Charities Commission website. I keep checking in to see whether the Wythenshawe Foodbank has seen any increase in its £25K p.a. income. They still haven't filed their 2021 accounts. Maybe they are trying to find some money to pay the accountants.

I see that the Rags have decided to stop taking roubles from the Russian state airline. They're not the only ones to overlook a few things where lucre's involved, are they, but ........?

19Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Sun Mar 06 2022, 08:43

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its not new news but, according to Martin Ziegler in the Times, Saint Marcus has left the Jay-Z Roc Nation agency. Who knows what effect that has had or will have but he doesn't seem to be settled or performing on the pitch as well as expected?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/raheem-sterling-and-marcus-rashford-look-to-expand-off-field-influence-by-joining-new-business-management-agency-sl6dk5snk

Its always seemed to me that he was a young man propelled into something that wasn't really him. I expect he likes the lucre and the limelight but is he also expected to live an existence that is faux?

Today I'll mostly be supporting Citeh if only because they are playing the Rags again.

20Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Mon Mar 07 2022, 07:53

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum