Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you vote for the Green Party?

+8
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
BoltonTillIDie
Davesnuts
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Sun Nov 14 2021, 14:28

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:

Ah, cheers TB, I obviously misunderstood Oko’s post!! Yes, I’m afraid that if you disagree with “The Club” on WW you are abused and misrepresented, a bit like Oko tries to do on here but so far I haven’t been banned from here as I have a couple of times from WW. It really is a shame that posters can’t just accept that the whole point of boards like this is to encourage different opinions. At the end of the day we all have views, whether it’s Wanderers, Climate, Covid, Brexit or anything else. I enjoy discussing these things and hearing different views and despite what some on here think, I’m prepared to have my mind changed. Take MAT, who is Labour and myself who is Tory, yet we have significant differences of opinion, which we express politely but challengingly, without needing to resort to insults or criticism. Surely that’s how it should be?
Have just read this thread and need to correct the guesswork and assumptions. I don't even know what WW stands for, let alone ever visited the site.
 What I can see is that you have believed a poster who likes to sneer. I have him on my ignore list for good reasons.

62Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Sun Nov 14 2021, 16:06

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:
Have just read this thread and need to correct the guesswork and assumptions. I don't even know what WW stands for, let alone ever visited the site.
 What I can see is that you have believed a poster who likes to sneer. I have him on my ignore list for good reasons.
Okocha's not on my ignore list. He's such a hoot. I can't put my finger on it but he always reminds me of Billy Bunter of Greyfriars School for some reason.

63Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Sun Nov 14 2021, 17:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Okocha's not on my ignore list. He's such a hoot. I can't put my finger on it but he always reminds me of Billy Bunter of Greyfriars School for some reason.
Don't you start on Billy. I like him. Could lose a few pounds of course, but couldn't we all. A fine, upstanding young man. Olive Oyl could do worse.
Just wish he'd stop mithering me for postal orders.

64Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Sun Nov 14 2021, 17:53

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
I may disagree with some of your opinions White, but I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. The more diverse the opinions are, the better the banter - providing folk don't go down the route of attempting to discredit the person rather than the opinion expressed.

Spot on Lusty, I’ve never known you to insult and hopefully we can all express our views without getting nasty and insulting, it’s just a shame not everybody can 😉

65Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Sun Nov 14 2021, 22:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Don't you start on Billy. I like him. Could lose a few pounds of course, but couldn't we all. A fine, upstanding young man. Olive Oyl could do worse.
Just wish he'd stop mithering me for postal orders.
Au contraire, Boncey. I think that someone with Olive's manifest attributes deserves so much better than that unreliable witness, Bunter.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon Nov 15 2021, 09:33; edited 1 time in total

66Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Sun Nov 14 2021, 23:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I am a firm believer in climate change but I totally agree with WS63 on over-population, this will get us long before the sun/sea does.

But it's a vote winner for smiling politicians to get behind climate change, telling people to stop procreating, not so much.
The two are inextricably linked aren't they? - but nobody wants to talk about it - including us as demonstrated by this.

One thing that could be a useful direction of travel that was never mentioned at COP was that if governments are taking climate change seriously they could set up an international programme to support and share innovation in carbon reduction technologies but currently most innovation happens in the private sector so it comes with a price and people want to keep the good ideas for themselves to make money.

Smells of fiddling whilst Rome burns but hey - we live in a divided capitalist world so they have the right to profiteer whilst everyone dies.

67Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Mon Nov 15 2021, 09:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:

Ah, cheers TB, I obviously misunderstood Oko’s post!! Yes, I’m afraid that if you disagree with “The Club” on WW you are abused and misrepresented, a bit like Oko tries to do on here but so far I haven’t been banned from here as I have a couple of times from WW. It really is a shame that posters can’t just accept that the whole point of boards like this is to encourage different opinions. At the end of the day we all have views, whether it’s Wanderers, Climate, Covid, Brexit or anything else. I enjoy discussing these things and hearing different views and despite what some on here think, I’m prepared to have my mind changed. Take MAT, who is Labour and myself who is Tory, yet we have significant differences of opinion, which we express politely but challengingly, without needing to resort to insults or criticism. Surely that’s how it should be?
WW is, I suggest, dominated by a gang, as is The Wanderer and Nuts though WW is much the biggest gang. And its not at all uncommon for gangs or groups to respond aggressively when their opinons and beliefs are questioned or their collective narcissism challenged. See this study:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/40455337_Collective_Narcissism_and_Its_Social_Consequences

68Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Mon Nov 15 2021, 10:54

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think some people have forgotten that these boards were created for people to express opinions TB. It does seem that instead of challenging other peoples views, it’s necessary to shout them down, or even close them down. Free speech is gradually being removed unless it happens to concur with the loudest voices. Unfortunately, the loudest voices are usually the least representative!!

69Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Mon Nov 15 2021, 11:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have no issue with your posts on here 63, I might not agree and i hope you saw my tin hat picture as a joke (as it was intended).

This site is meant to stir up discussions, it would be very boring if we all agreed all of the time

70Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Mon Nov 15 2021, 11:39

I’ve always encouraged a range of opinions on here, keeps things interesting. What I’ve never understood is people like TB/63 being so sensitive to opinions being questioned. All you’ve been asked is to substantiate a claim with evidence - which is standard for any debate. That’s not shouting you down, and unfortunately the fact so many can’t handle their opinions being questioned is how we’re in this mess over Brexit and the climate.

71Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Mon Nov 15 2021, 13:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I much preferred the old days when everyone agreed with me.

I blame sluffy.

72Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Mon Nov 15 2021, 14:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could bring Brucie back.

73Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Mon Nov 15 2021, 15:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I could bring Brucie back.

Don't even joke about it. I still have nightmares.

74Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Mon Nov 15 2021, 15:33

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:I have no issue with your posts on here 63, I might not agree and i hope you saw my tin hat picture as a joke (as it was intended).

This site is meant to stir up discussions, it would be very boring if we all agreed all of the time

I did see the tin hat as a joke Norpig and fully agree it would be boring if we all thought the same way. 😉

75Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Mon Nov 15 2021, 15:48

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I’ve always encouraged a range of opinions on here, keeps things interesting. What I’ve never understood is people like TB/63 being so sensitive to opinions being questioned. All you’ve been asked is to substantiate a claim with evidence - which is standard for any debate. That’s not shouting you down, and unfortunately the fact so many can’t handle their opinions being questioned is how we’re in this mess over Brexit and the climate.

I’m not at all sensitive T.R.O.Y and always willing to provide evidence of my position but I’m afraid on Climate Change, there is just so much available historical evidence around both on the Climate, CO2 levels and Geographical changes that it would be impossible for me to post it. Far better for you to investigate it yourself to confirm your own beliefs about where we are. Like I said, population explosion is to me a far bigger threat to the planet because we absolutely definitely know that if it keeps growing at forecast rates, the planet will no longer be able to sustain life whatever the climate does.

Of course it isn’t just new births, which actually is down in the developed world, but the fact that people are living longer than they ever have. The planet currently has a population of around 8Billion and experts calculate that the planet can sustain a maximum population of around 10 Billion, which we are forecast to reach within decades. As the population increases, we need to feed, house, clothe, educate and heal, all of which in themselves lead to an increase in carbon dioxide as we cut down more trees and consume more fossil fuels, because there is currently no conceivable way to move in that time to renewable energy. Unless we are going to prevent births, reduce life expectancy, or start to exterminate people, how are we going to prevent that happening? Wouldn’t it be better to put our collective thoughts into that which we are certain of than that which we’re not?

76Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Wed Nov 17 2021, 08:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've never wanted to be a member or supporter of any political party but I did once join the local Con Club. It was a convenient place to go for lunch or a game of snooker.

The club kept its head above water with the money from the fruit machine and it never ceased to amaze me how folk would spend hours sticking money into it. One of the regulars was a local Methodist minister who'd call in the club every weekday around tea time and sink four pints of lager whilst playing the machine. I understand he was stopped for his wayward driving by the local constabulary several times but I'm not sure he ever got charged.

I was reminded of this the other day when I came across The Soho Tanning Club Ltd, a company recently formed by one of Auntie Sharon's associates from the same address as the former Con Club.

Two and a half centuries before that it had been the resting place of Bonnie Prince Charlie on his ill-fated attempt to regain the British throne in  the 1745 rebellion.

77Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Thu Nov 18 2021, 11:51

Hipster_nebula1

David Ngog
David Ngog

Scotland has the only green party in the world that is not interested in the environment. 

So no I wouldn't vote for them. 

I'm seriously leaning towards not voting for the first time ever at the next election such is the sorry state of affairs.

78Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Fri Nov 19 2021, 12:03

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_nebula1 wrote:Scotland has the only green party in the world that is not interested in the environment. 

So no I wouldn't vote for them. 

I'm seriously leaning towards not voting for the first time ever at the next election such is the sorry state of affairs.

I don’t think you’d be alone in that Hipster, I’m moving that way myself except that I’ve always believed if you don’t vote you shouldn’t complain. Problem is, party’s come out with a manifesto then completely ignore it and think that’s ok. The Tory’s have taken it to ridiculous lengths this time and it just has to cost them at the next election, despite there being no realistic alternative. I’m edging towards the Reform party but until we get PR it’s just a wasted vote. When I voted for Boris I didn’t vote for a Carrie version but I won’t make the same mistake again!

79Would you vote for the Green Party? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Fri Nov 19 2021, 16:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I voted for reform in the Scottish election but we have a one party state so you may as well rip your ballot up as your vote means nothing here. 

Same in most of the English constituencies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum