Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elias Kachunga reflects on a tough start to his Bolton career

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Elias Kachunga reflects on a tough start to his Bolton career 13184652

Wanderers forward Elias Kachunga is keen to show what he’s made of after a difficult start to his Bolton career.

The former Huddersfield Town man arrived at the UniBol back in August but had to play catch-up after missing pre-season.

Kachunga admits it was a challenging time but is now determined to nail down a place in Ian Evatt’s starting XI.

“I did my stuff at home with my personal trainer, but it’s obviously not the same if you have training with a team,” he said.

“Then we had quite a hard start with loads of games, so it was a bit hard for the gaffer to put me in straight away because there were so many games.

“But I think now is the right time, so now I have to prove that I have to keep the shirt and show everyone that I’m an important player for this team.”

The Whites sit 16th in the League One table following a run of five league matches without a victory.

Kachunga admits the squad isn’t satisfied with their current position and says they need to be positive and attack each game.

He added: “We had a disappointing last month, but especially out of these games we could learn a lot to go forward in the season.

“We had quite a good start, but you could see in this league the teams are better and they see week in, week out, how you play and they change it the week after when you play against them.

“We just have to adapt to it. I think now we had a good amount of games in this league to get this experience.

“Now it’s on us to go in every game and attack and just climb the table up because we belong up there and not in the table where we are right now.”

Kachunga has Premier League experience from his time at Huddersfield and has also played in the Bundesliga for the likes of Paderborn and Ingolstadt.

The forward is keen to use his top-flight experience to help some of the younger players in the squad as they continue their development.

“Obviously I had Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday and it was a different dressing room because you had loads of experienced players and maybe not that many young players who never played probably in a higher league like this,” said Kachunga.

“But it’s the responsibility of the guys who played already in this level or a higher level to try to help everyone on the pitch, especially young players or players who didn’t play on this level before.

“But you could see everyone has grown in every game and is improving and we just have to keep improving and learn especially from every game, even if it’s a win, just to improve and then go on the next games to get the wins in.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum