Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Hopeful, not expectant' - Evatt update on Kyle Dempsey plus loan re-think

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Hopeful, not expectant' - Evatt update on Kyle Dempsey plus loan re-think 13426991

Ian Evatt reckons Wanderers fans could be in for a late night on Deadline Day.

The Bolton boss confirmed that a final offer for Gillingham’s Kyle Dempsey has been submitted – but with the Kent club’s managerial situation still up in the air, there is no sign of a conclusion.

Rumours have surfaced overnight that caretaker boss Steve Lovell has left his post at Priestfield, with ex-Millwall manager Neil Harris now favourite to take it on.

That could be good news for Bolton, who hope their transfer fee will tempt the incoming manager to fund his own deals.

Speaking at his morning press conference, Evatt updated supporters on the deal.

“I am a glass half-full kind of guy, so I am very hopeful. Not expectant,” he said.

“One thing we have added this month is energy, and you saw that with the intensity we played at on Saturday. It was magnificent and teams find it hard to cope.

“Kyle would bring us that, assuming it happens, he has energy, good technical ability and an understanding of this level. He is a young player coming into his prime years at 26 and hopefully we see some benefit.

“But there is lots of work to be done today and we are hopeful it gets over the line.”

Asked when he will draw a line under Dempsey and move on to other targets, Evatt admits he has had a re-think on bringing in a player on loan.

“I don’t know, 11.59pm?” he smiled. “I think we have come to the conclusion overnight that we don’t want to make rash decisions. We have targeted and highlighted Kyle, took a lot of time on him, and if for some reason it doesn’t happen then that might be it. We might not sign anyone on loan, a second choice, so to speak. We will just wait for the summer and hopefully take him for nothing.

“But for now we feel that we have made a fair offer and we will see how that develops.”

Evatt confirmed, however, that the club will not be making another offer on Dempsey.

“We have made our best possible offer and one we feel is more than fair. To re-emphasise, we are being strategic and smart and if that fee becomes exaggerated we will walk away. We won’t put this club at risk ever again,” he said.

“For now, we have to see how it pans out.”

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum