Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Charlton

+5
Cajunboy
dutchwhites63
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Bolton 2-1 Charlton Mon Feb 07 2022, 10:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Games coming thick and fast at the moment and next up is Charlton tomorrow night. Our lads will be keen to get back to winning ways after Saturday's debacle in a gale but Charlton may provide a sterner test having won their last 3 in a row and have done well against strong opposition since Xmas beating MKD and losing by a single goal to Norwich in the cup and Wycombe in the league.
Tied on 39 points with us and with the same GD it will be a challenge but I'm hoping that playing at home on a good pitch and hopefully with decent weather our lads will react with a strong performance. Only slight concern is how we'll handle Conor Washington and Chuks Aneke without Santos.

Expecting a close match so head says 1 - 1, heart says we'll nick it.

2Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 08:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not going tonight, giving up on midweek games as it's a nightmare to get home after them. I'll be on ifollow though and expecting us to get a narrow win, i'll go 2-1.

3Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 09:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to be a tight game tonight. I expect there will be just a goal between both teams and it's going to be a close one.

Charlton are on form at the moment as well and are not short on scoring goals.

2-1 or 3-2 to the Wanderers.

4Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 12:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

wanderlust wrote:Games coming thick and fast at the moment and next up is Charlton tomorrow night. Our lads will be keen to get back to winning ways after Saturday's debacle in a gale but Charlton may provide a sterner test having won their last 3 in a row and have done well against strong opposition since Xmas beating MKD and losing by a single goal to Norwich in the cup and Wycombe in the league.
Tied on 39 points with us and with the same GD it will be a challenge but I'm hoping that playing at home on a good pitch and hopefully with decent weather our lads will react with a strong performance. Only slight concern is how we'll handle Conor Washington and Chuks Aneke without Santos.

Expecting a close match so head says 1 - 1, heart says we'll nick it.

6Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 15:28

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hoping for an improved performance tonight after Saturday's poor showing.

Head says 2-2

Heart  3-1

7Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty with santos card is overturned Tue Feb 08 2022, 17:48

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

dutchwhites63 wrote:

8Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 18:14

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Are you trying to say something 63 or is it just double Dutch? 😉

9Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 18:15

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Not going tonight, giving up on midweek games as it's a nightmare to get home after them. I'll be on ifollow though and expecting us to get a narrow win, i'll go 2-1.
Likewise Norpig, I’m on iFollow too and I’m going to be a bit more adventurous and go for 2-0 to Wanderers.

10Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 18:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Are you trying to say something 63 or is it just double Dutch? 😉

Very Happy

11Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 19:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 19:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

13Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 20:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Charlton manager reckons they have the better strikers and plan to pin us into our own half.

Absolute must win for both teams as both have aspirations of the playoffs.

14Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 20:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well butter my arse! 1 up already!!! :clap:

15Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 20:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

16Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 20:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it me or is he as quick as linford Christie?

17Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 22:48

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Charles is very quick he was everywhers first hour, however we just couldn't get going, fair play to Charlton they deserved to go level, we took our chance and the subs gave us energy but we got away with it tonight.

18Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Tue Feb 08 2022, 22:51

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's quick allright was the difference first hour, Charlton put a shift in second half and deserved to go level, we just did enough but got lucky tonight never really clicked.

19Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Wed Feb 09 2022, 00:59

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Take the three points and run...... A draw was probably the right result.
Over the last two games I notice we are not creating many so-called clear-cut chances.  For the first goal Dion chased down a long hoof and the defender botched it. Second goal was nice as we finally have a lad that can cross a decent ball into the box. 
Fossey is a bundle of energy, but I notice he faded in the second half - might be time for a day off.
No real complaints - everyone working hard, the bench is strong, and the new lad Dempsey did nothing wrong for his first game.  Saturday will be a good test.

20Bolton 2-1 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Wed Feb 09 2022, 01:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Take the three points and run...... A draw was probably the right result.
Over the last two games I notice we are not creating many so-called clear-cut chances.  For the first goal Dion chased down a long hoof and the defender botched it. Second goal was nice as we finally have a lad that can cross a decent ball into the box. 
Fossey is a bundle of energy, but I notice he faded in the second half - might be time for a day off.
No real complaints - everyone working hard, the bench is strong, and the new lad Dempsey did nothing wrong for his first game.  Saturday will be a good test.
Agreed.
They gifted us the lead but we really didn't create any chances and I don't know how Jones wasn't sent off for going over the ball into the shins of the Charlton WB who fortunately didn't have his leg planted otherwise it would have been broken.
Half time and Charlton switched things up, doubling up on Fossey and then making a few changes that brought them a period of control that led to their goal.
Good team Charlton but fortunately for us they weren't at their best and we scraped a win from a free kick, but in the whole game we didn't create enough or get behind their defence as we did against a poor Sunderland side.
Total 7 shots and 3 OT in 90 minutes.
We need to improve to have any chance away at Oxford on Saturday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum