Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bakayoko hopes he has given Ian Evatt a 'headache' ahead of Charlton visit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bakayoko hopes he has given Ian Evatt a 'headache' ahead of Charlton visit 12911789

Amadou Bakayoko hopes his vital late equaliser at Morecambe can keep him at the front of the attacking queue at Wanderers.

The former Coventry City front man netted his seventh goal of the season as a substitute on Saturday to rescue a point and preserve a five-game unbeaten run.

Since returning from injury in late December, Bakayoko has started four of Bolton’s last eight games. Now he hopes his recent form can secure him a spot in the side to face Charlton Athletic tonight, as Ian Evatt’s side look to push further into the top 10.

“I hope it gives him a good headache,” he said of his Morecambe goal. “The more options he has, the better the team is. And the more people who can change the game from the bench the better.

“Every goal matters to me but getting one so late on, keeping us on that run, I’m delighted. We just need to keep going now. We’re in a really good position.”

Evatt strengthened his front line significantly in the January window, and a change of shape has also brought Dapo Afolayan into the equation as a central striker.

Kieran Sadlier, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Kyle Dempsey are all pushing for a spot in tonight’s line-up but Bakayoko hopes the competition will drive standards higher on the pitch.

“There are a lot of different ways we can mix it up. You need it all to get to where we want to get,” he said.

“Some of the lads who came in have gone into the team straight away and clicked, it’s a good feeling at the moment but we have to keep it up.

“Getting the extra players in and having that competition is normal. If you are in the team you know you have to give the most to stay in it. I am happy with the way it is going. Sometimes you might not like being on the bench but it is the way it happens, you have to stick at it.

“The manager has got a lot of headaches but you want a strong bench, you need everyone for the whole season if you are going to achieve anything.

“We need to do everything to push each other on now for ourselves and for the team.”

Meanwhile, Ian Evatt has been recognised by the Football Writers’ Association for his achievements in leading Wanderers to promotion last season.

The Bolton boss was presented with an award by the Northern branch on Monday after being honoured alongside Pep Guardiola (Manchester City), Grant McCann (Hull City), Neil Critchley (Blackpool), Lee Johnson (Sunderland), Derek Adams (Morecambe) Dave Challinor (Hartlepool United) and David McNabb (Warrington Rylands).

On receiving the award, Evatt said: “It’s not easy to win football matches, never mind promotion or some silverware.

“Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to the FWA.

“I’m lucky enough to be the face of Bolton Wanderers but this award is also for my staff, who played such an important part in last season’s success.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum