Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle

+3
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Thu Mar 10 2022, 01:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We go again, this time against a team that are playoff contenders, 7 points ahead and with 2 games in hand on us.
Usually play 352 or similar, score plenty of goals, narrowly lost to a late winner by Chelsea in the FA Cup having missed a penalty to win it and can be an absolute handful on their day.
We need to redeem ourselves after some poor recent performances although I suspect we're playing for pride now, but it will be a measure of whether or not this squad can compete with teams further up this league as Evatt claims we can.
Although Plymouth's home form is better than their away form it will be a big test for Evatt, big test for the players especially the defence, but surely we have to get a response and win this one?

2Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Thu Mar 10 2022, 08:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This will be another tough test and i reckon it will end in a draw and finally put to bed the play-off ambitions.

3Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Thu Mar 10 2022, 11:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A draw maybe - isn't that what often happens when two high-scoring teams meet?

4Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Thu Mar 10 2022, 11:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get dicked. No steel in midfield.

1-3 to Plymouth.

5Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Thu Mar 10 2022, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Argyle fans' discussion forum info on BWFC:

The countdown to Bolton

Thursday

According to Sky Bet Bolton are at 11/10 to win, an Argyle win has odds of 11/5 and the draw is on offer at 12/5.

Argyle have played away at Bolton 15 times, winning four games, drawing one and losing 10.
The last league visit was in January 1993 at Burnden Park when the Greens lost 3-1 in a Division Two game.
The Argyle team that day:
Peter Shilton, Steve McCall, Steve Morgan, Andy Morrison, Keith Hill, Warren Joyce, Steve Castle, Paul Dalton, Dwight Marshall, Kevin Nugent, Mickey Evans.

Wednesday

Referee

Rob Lewis is the man in the middle, so far this season he has issued 79 yellow cards and two reds in 24 games. He was last in charge of an Argyle game in October this season when the Greens beat Ipswich Town 2-1 at Home Park.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Graeme Fyvie and David Hunt while the fourth official is Steven Rushton.

They Played For Both
Antoni Sarcevic, Will Aimson, Gregg Wylde, Oscar Threlkeld, David Norris, Warren Joyce, Wayne Burnett, Hasney Aljofree, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Andy Kellett, Joe Mason, Mike Carter, Gerry McElhinney, Craig Noone, Joe Riley, Peter Shilton. Any more?

Pub for away fans
The Beehive on Chorley New Road is the main pub for away supporters. It is about a 10-15 minute walk away from the stadium.

Bolton tactical analysis
Strengths

Attacking down the wings.
Creating chances using through balls.
Coming back from losing positions.
Finishing scoring chances.
Protecting the lead.
Weaknesses
Aerial duels.
Defending counter attacks.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Style of play
Attempt through balls often.
Attacking down the right.
Short passes.
Possession football.
Non-aggressive.
Opponents play aggressively against them.

Bolton recent results
D 08/03/22: Bolton 1 - 1 Morecambe.
W 05/03/22: Gillingham 0 - 3 Bolton.
L 26/02/22: MK Dons 2 - 0 Bolton.
W 22/02/22: Bolton 3 - 1 Lincoln.
W 19/02/22: Bolton 4 - 0 AFC Wimbledon.
L 15/02/22: Burton 3 - 1 Bolton.

Not sure about the "finishing scoring chances" bit TBH....

6Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Fri Mar 11 2022, 12:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

7Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Fri Mar 11 2022, 13:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To say this is a six pointer is an understatement. Mathematically we would not be out of it with a loss, but common sense says wait till next season.

8Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Fri Mar 11 2022, 15:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:To say this is a six pointer is an understatement. Mathematically we would not be out of it with a loss, but common sense says wait till next season.
Loving your optimism to think we're still in with a chance TA Smile

9Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Fri Mar 11 2022, 16:24

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think failing to beat Morecambe ended any hopes this year but failure to take all 3 points against Plymouth certainly will be. Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend this one as I am going to watch my Granddaughter play for Milmoor Juniors in her cup final against Whitehall in Huddersfield, so I’m hoping for a double!! Plymouth look a good side so it will be one of our toughest games left but I think with everyone fit we should just squeeze it 2-1.

On a slightly different note, I know we all feel huge sympathy for Gethin but isn’t it about time that he got back into it? Any of us who’ve lost parents know how hard it can be but without trying to be harsh I just think it’s bordering on a bit stretched now.

10Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Fri Mar 11 2022, 17:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Sat Mar 12 2022, 14:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

12Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Sat Mar 12 2022, 14:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

13Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Sat Mar 12 2022, 17:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was always going to be a tight game and one moment of poor defending by Johnstone gifted it.
That said, we struggled again to play the killer final pass and really didn't do enough
Also thought Evatt's tactics in the first half didn't help the cause.
Worried about Fossey.

14Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Sat Mar 12 2022, 17:33

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Loving your optimism to think we're still in with a chance TA Smile
Looks like our goose is cooked.
Again, we were the better team overall, but something is missing. 
No one is to blame, all put in the effort as usual.  Just an observation I lost count of the numbers of times Dapo gave away possession - Sadlier once again looked useful as soon as he stepped on the pitch. 
I guess just consolidate for the rest of this season  ..dunno..

15Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Sat Mar 12 2022, 18:32

Bolton Nuts

Admin

A win wouldn't have flattered us. But equally can't complain at the result. They did ok as the away team. 

If the one off the post had gone in we might have had enough momentum to go on and win because they would have opened up even more.

Also, it was going to be hard 1-0 down, and down to ten men for the last 18 mins of playing time.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

16Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Sun Mar 13 2022, 19:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yet again poor defending by Johnston cost us, he's the weak link in our back 3. Yet again we spend too much time passing around in our own half and didn't show enough intensity or energy in trying to get the equaliser.

Hopefully people will now stop going on about the play offs now, we are in 10th which is about right i think.

17Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Mon Mar 14 2022, 01:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Yet again poor defending by Johnston cost us, he's the weak link in our back 3. Yet again we spend too much time passing around in our own half and didn't show enough intensity or energy in trying to get the equaliser.

Hopefully people will now stop going on about the play offs now, we are in 10th which is about right i think.
We're 11th mate - and we play the team who are 2 points ahead of us with two games in hand on us - Portsmouth - in a couple of weeks.
They're playing Plymouth on Tuesday.
Also Wigan, Rotherham, Sheff Wed and Wycombe are all playing one of their games in hand on Tuesday.
We'll do well to crack the top ten from here, but you're right - we need to focus on improving our performances and resolving our problems.

18Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Mon Mar 14 2022, 01:38

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The super computer placed us at 14th a few weeks back - no reason to doubt it at this point. 
People are blaming Johnson for yesterday which is nonsense of course. Yes the error was his but the rest of the team were off - also Johnson has been one of our better players lately.
I said weeks ago that Dapo is begging to look like a flash in the plan - some are believing now - at any rate he is not a number 10.

19Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Plymouth Argyle Mon Mar 14 2022, 08:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:The super computer placed us at 14th a few weeks back - no reason to doubt it at this point. 
People are blaming Johnson for yesterday which is nonsense of course. Yes the error was his but the rest of the team were off - also Johnson has been one of our better players lately.
I said weeks ago that Dapo is begging to look like a flash in the plan - some are believing now - at any rate he is not a number 10.
Johnston is poor full stop TA, cost us quite a few goals this season and needs to be replaced, he just isn't physical enough and can't pass out from the back as well as he thinks he can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum