Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fleetwood 'up for the challenge' as survival hopes ride on Wanderers clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fleetwood 'up for the challenge' as survival hopes ride on Wanderers clash 13718405

Fleetwood's survival hopes have suffered a blow ahead of Saturday’s clash with Wanderers at the UniBol.

The Cod Army suffered a 3-2 defeat against promotion hopefuls Sheffield Wednesday despite leading at the break.

Lee Gregory opened the scoring after just four minutes but the hosts hit back through goals from Callum Camps and Gerard Garner.

But Gregory struck twice in as many minutes during the second half to complete his hat-trick and extend Fleetwood’s winless run to six games.

Heading into their clash with the Whites, Stephen Crainey’s men are only above 21st-placed Gillingham on goal difference.

The Gills face Rotherham, who could clinch automatic promotion to the Championship, on the final day.

“I’m disappointed not to take anything from the game but in terms of the lads fighting spirit, it was there tonight,” Crainey told the club’s website.

“We are not a team that is defeated, I’m sure everyone that was at the game can see that and we’re going to need that fighting performance away at Bolton on Saturday.

“We will treat it the same way we've treated every other game while I've been in charge. We'll get our game planned and hopefully, the lads can execute it and we can get a good result away at Bolton.

“We know it's going to be tough. They're a good side, a good squad, and a big budget but hopefully we can go there and get all three points.

"We don't need to worry about what's going on at Gillingham. We all need to focus on what we do at Bolton - that will be the same throughout the entire game.

“It's still in our hands but we hope to finish the job at Bolton and we're up for the challenge."

The Whites will also be keen to finish on a high and could finish as high as ninth in the League One table.

Ian Evatt's men recorded a narrow 1-0 victory when the sides last met at the UniBol back in November, with Kieran Lee getting the decisive goal.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum