Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have I missed anything?

+5
Norpig
okocha
karlypants
Sluffy
Chairmanda
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Have I missed anything? Empty Have I missed anything? Mon Oct 10 2022, 23:57

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well?

2Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 00:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No but it’s good to hear from you as I seem to recall you had some health issues  - all well I hope.

There’s been a king, a queen and four prime ministers since you last shared your wisdom- it’s been that long Smile

3Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 00:15

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’ve got stuff in the fridge that’s had 3 prime ministers and 2 monarchs. I’m ok taa for asking lusty, hope all the old crew are too?

4Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 00:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just boys being boys.

I hadn't realised you'd been unwell?

Hope you are all better now.

5Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 06:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome back Manda! I'ts very nice to see youu back on here. Smile

6Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 07:21

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wow....a welcome blast from the past, Manda. Hope you are well again and able to bring your civilising influence to bear on here....At times we have needed your intelligent, calm words of wisdom and reason.

7Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 07:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see you back on here Manda, feel free to get stuck in to the Tory thread  Very Happy

8Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 09:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hi Manda. Nice to hear from you again. Most important news first.

Have I missed anything? Artworks-000587965850-vwzrum-original

9Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 10:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Hi Manda. Nice to hear from you again. Most important news first.

Have I missed anything? Artworks-000587965850-vwzrum-original
Will you manage to get moving again by yourself or do we need to send an ambulance?

10Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 10:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is no time for levity. I'll be fine. The cops know where I live.

11Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 11:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:This is no time for levity. I'll be fine. The cops know where I live.
Sorry. It came across as a cry for help Smile

12Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Tue Oct 11 2022, 12:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Sorry. It came across as a cry for help Smile
More importantly, the Ocado man has been. And I got a free van. cheers

Have I missed anything? Img_3010

13Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Sun Oct 16 2022, 08:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:Wow....a welcome blast from the past, Manda. Hope you are well again and able to bring your civilising influence to bear on here....At times we have needed your intelligent, calm words of wisdom and reason.
I’d have to give my head a really serious wobble if Okocha    was singing my praises but how about some intelligent, calm words of wisdom and reason on BWFC finances, Dean Holdsworth and Dale Vince.

14Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Sun Oct 16 2022, 09:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I’d have to give my head a really serious wobble if Okocha    was singing my praises but how about some intelligent, calm words of wisdom and reason on BWFC finances, Dean Holdsworth and Dale Vince.
As the ex chairwoman of Bath City, and an ex Mayor of Bath, I'm sure Manda might have some interesting insights.

However, I was more impressed by her once getting a lift home from Bruce Forsyth.

15Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Sun Oct 16 2022, 09:42

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
As the ex chairwoman of Bath City, and an ex Mayor of Bath, I'm sure Manda might have some interesting insights.

However, I was more impressed by her once getting a lift home from Bruce Forsyth.

That would be nice, Boncey. I'll look forward to it.

I was btw at Burnden when the Wanderers played non-league Bath City in an FA Cup replay in 1964. Gave us a run for their money, they did.

This was before Franny Lee became known as Lee-one-pen but he scored from the penalty spot in both matches.

Unfortunately it was Franny that scored an own goal that season in a last match that saw us relegated for the first time since the War.

P.S. Lady Bobsworth and I once got a lift home from Owen Oyston.

16Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Sun Oct 16 2022, 16:00

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:

Listed also, I see, as a Distinguished Old Girl of Bolton School in the Government and Politics category along with Baroness Morris and Baroness Taylor.

https://www.boltonschool.org/former-pupils/old-girls-association/distinguished-old-girls/

Not, I hasten to add, the same Baroness Taylor recruited into the Marc Iles Fan Club.

I wonder if Manda could offer some explanation of why Burnden Leisure's debts were less in 2019 (according to the Administrators) than they had been two years previously (according to the Auditors).

Wouldn't that have been a quite remarkable achievement for the tank-topped chairman when Championship clubs were losing an average of £15million p.a.?

17Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Wed Oct 19 2022, 09:51

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nowt doing on the Burnden Leisure debt question, Manda?

Let's try summat else. Stroud isn't a million miles from Bath, is it, and I expect there will be a bit of local knowledge in the West.

Do you remember the shy, self-effacing chairman of Forest Green Rovers threatening to put BWFC into liquidation whilst selling NoKenDo T-shirts to Bolton's finest numbnuts? Yes, Dale Vince that’s him. Well he's recently found ten million quid and lent it to the Green Britain Group. That's what the accounts say anyway.

Where's he got ten million quid from, I ask myself? Didn't he tell The Times, and anyone daft enough to listen to him, that he had no money and was always skint?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dale-vince-i-may-be-worth-100m-but-im-still-overdrawn-each-month-08s9pztkp

Vince is threatening to go into politics next. Wouldn't that be nice?

18Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Fri Oct 21 2022, 18:45

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Come on Manda, you can’t let Okocha down. The poor chap has spent his entire life believing that anybody that got into Bolton School at the age of eleven has got to be a superior being.

“Bills to mills” is the open message to supporters of Egotricity. The not so open message is, “Heads I win, tales you lose”

Let’s have a heated debate.

19Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Mon Oct 24 2022, 20:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi Chairmanda,

Good to hear that you are up, about, and, (hopefully), behaving yourself.

Unfortunately, there are no games down this neck of the woods where we can meet. Cant get a ticket for Cheltenham, and same for Forest Green. C'est la vie, but will wait for The Gas to be promoted. ( I like the chippy just around the corner from their ground).

20Have I missed anything? Empty Re: Have I missed anything? Mon Oct 24 2022, 20:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Hi Chairmanda,

Good to hear that you are up, about, and, (hopefully), behaving yourself.

Unfortunately, there are no games down this neck of the woods where we can meet. Cant get a ticket for Cheltenham, and same for Forest Green. C'est la vie, but will wait for The Gas to be promoted. ( I like the chippy just around the corner from their ground).
Hi Glos (makes you sound like a tin of paint Very Happy).
Nice to see you back on here. You'll be pleased to know that everyone's getting on like a house on fire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum