Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Burton

+11
wanderlust
Hip Priest
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
Whitesince63
okocha
karlypants
Norpig
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 09:15

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Time wasting is an interesting point. How do you realistically legislate for it? And is it unfair to say that take who is it to their advantage should have it taken away from them just because we don't like it?

The only way to make it fair is to have a time limit for every break in play, 10 seconds for a throw in. 15 seconds for a goal kick and so on... But what do you do when the ball goes a long way away, when does the timer start?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

22Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 09:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burton got what they deserved. They were pretty much running down the clock from the first half onward.
A frustrating night for so long, but I was buzzing by the end.

23Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 11:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The authorities need to look at the time wasting, why not stop the clock when the ball is out of play? Its been discussed recently and worth a go surely?

As for the game we were poor, the final ball was terrible and we looked like we would never score. Why do we need to go behind before we change formation and finally start playing?  I think we should switch to 433 and ditch the back 3 and wing backs.

24Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 11:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Time wasting is an interesting point. How do you realistically legislate for it? And is it unfair to say that take who is it to their advantage should have it taken away from them just because we don't like it?

The only way to make it fair is to have a time limit for every break in play, 10 seconds for a throw in. 15 seconds for a goal kick and so on... But what do you do when the ball goes a long way away, when does the timer start?
We discussed this some months ago when it was revealed that the average time of ball in play had dropped below 60 minutes and was heading south towards 50.
It is not rocket science to introduce a timer that stops when the ball goes out of play or there is a stoppage on the pitch and restart when play recommences.
Given that a one hour NFL game can take >3 hours it has a potential downside, however football doesn't require changing the entire team every few minutes or having a long discussion about what they are going to do. Given that we currently play just under 60 minutes it shouldn't cause any problems and teams like Burton would have to find another way of timewasting seeing as for example there'd be no point in the goalie faffing about with a goalkick as the clock wouldn't restart until he kicks it.
IMO we should have a visible 30 minute clock that counts down to zero in each half - a countdown would add excitement IMO.

25Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 11:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote: I think we should switch to 433 and ditch the back 3 and wing backs.
I don't think we should swap one dogma for another.
We have recruited pacy wingbacks but unfortunately they seem incapable of consistently linking up with the strikers from wide positions having got down the line and we haven't got Haaland to get on the end of balls from wide positions anyway.
But if you watch the top teams they play with fluidity switching from wide to narrow as required - like an accordion being played Smile
At City for example, the likes of Mahrez, Foden and Grealish can hang out on the wing to receive the ball but often as not they cut inside and that causes problems for defences. It takes discipline from everyone else to cover the spaces they leave if they go off piste but switching formation in the middle of a move is what they do and Evatt could benefit from trying to train our lot to be more fluid in possession rather than sticking to a rigid formation that is predictable.
The last quarter of an hour against Accrington and Burton was chaotic but almost by accident we found the kind of movement up front that opened the door - just need to temper that with a bit more discipline in the holding roles and hope that our defence is good enough to stop the counter.
Plus we need shooting practice so that everyone is brave enough to have a pop when the opportunity arises instead of always trying to play the impossible pass through a crowd.
6 shots OT in the entire game last night - all in the last 10 minutes. Tells a story.

26Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 12:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of utter dross. Again.

For 85 minutes we were utterly shite. As bad as anything served up under Evans. And that bar is very, very low. What does Evans say to them before the game and during half-time? I've seen more motivation from people about to attend a 24 hour Sluffy & Bob seminar on Forest Green's accounts.

Once again he threw a Hail Mary, sent 5 subs on and got lucky. Some would say it's better to have a lucky manager than a good one, but I think we've used up all our luck in the last few days.

Good last 10-15 minutes when the team built a bit of momentum, but why not do that from minute 1?

27Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 13:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think young George may have played his last game for a while - and MJ was not needed. So now lets get more creative players on the park from the start. How about a half time lead in the next game for a change.
We sit 5th at the moment so hard to complain too much - COYWM

28Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 14:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I think young George may have played his last game for a while - and MJ was not needed. So now lets get more creative players on the park from the start. How about a half time lead in the next game for a change.
We sit 5th at the moment so hard to complain too much - COYWM

You'd complain if you'd had to witness that crap in the ground and have the person next to you take her shoes and socks off at half-time. Again.

29Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 14:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:Time wasting is an interesting point. How do you realistically legislate for it? And is it unfair to say that take who is it to their advantage should have it taken away from them just because we don't like it?

What's difficult, in this day and age, about having a timekeeper that stops the clock every time there's a break in play, for whatever reason, and starts it again when play resumes?

30Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Wed Oct 26 2022, 19:09

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Problem is its happening more and more, and spoiling the game, i never like meddling with rules including VAR, but this is getting out of hand.

First thing ban towels lol.

One thing would stop it compleatly would be  If the clock stopped when play stopped for injuries and substitutions that would stop 90%, it would just leave the goalkeepers who again take the P. So i would revert to taking goal kicks at the side they go out and stop this nonsense with the keepers.

31Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 00:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Problem is its happening more and more, and spoiling the game, i never like meddling with rules including VAR, but this is getting out of hand.

One thing would stop it compleatly would be  If the clock stopped when play stopped for injuries and substitutions that would stop 90%, it would just leave the goalkeepers who again take the P. So i would revert to taking goal kicks at the side they go out and stop this nonsense with the keepers.
It would stop ALL timewasting if the clock only starts when they kick it.

60 minutes of actual football would be VFM for the fans

32Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 08:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
wessy wrote:

It would stop ALL timewasting if the clock only starts when they kick it.

60 minutes of actual football would be VFM for the fans

No that isn't right.

As it stands now, football is played over 90 minutes, so if the clock is stopped for 'down' time the game will still have to be played over 90 minutes of 'actual football' and not 60 minutes as you write.

Obviously then some/most games will therefore take from kick off to final whistle (including halftime break) somewhere in the region of two and a half to three hours (possibly even longer) to complete.

There would thus be ramifications for midweek 8pm kick off games that would be finishing close to midnight and the policing/traveling home of fans/etc at that time of night.

33Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 08:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's cheerful Charlie Chester. Shocked

34Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 10:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the only way forward. Stop the clock every time the ball goes out. Play 60 minutes instead of 90. Cuts out timewasting overnight.

It really is a no-brainer.

It will never ever happen though.

35Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 11:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's the only way forward. Stop the clock every time the ball goes out. Play 60 minutes instead of 90. Cuts out timewasting overnight.

It really is a no-brainer.

It will never ever happen though.

Expert wrote:
No that isn't right.

As it stands now, football is played over 90 minutes, so if the clock is stopped for 'down' time the game will still have to be played over 90 minutes of 'actual football' and not 60 minutes as you write.

Obviously then some/most games will therefore take from kick off to final whistle (including halftime break) somewhere in the region of two and a half to three hours (possibly even longer) to complete.

There would thus be ramifications for midweek 8pm kick off games that would be finishing close to midnight and the policing/traveling home of fans/etc at that time of night.

Me wrote:For the last ten years, you have had an unconTROLLable urge to find fault with everything I say...

Expert wrote:Eleven years.

36Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 11:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

OMG he's finally lost the plot entirely!!!!

Hahahaha...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

37Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 11:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

My reply was to you and NOT to Nathasha's post that was made AFTER mine - so don't try to pretend you were saying the same thing as she was - you most certainly weren't.

And that is obvious to all of us or otherwise you would have been saying the rules of the game had to change.

You had in mind when you posted what you did that on average most games of 90 minutes have about 60 minutes of actual play as you have commented on this several times in the past - see Iles article in the paper today...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I simply pointed out that what you had written couldn't happen within the current rules of the game and what the impact of what you were suggesting in your post would be.

If you can never accept being wrong about anything - and you obviously can't - then that's your problem, not mine or anyone else's on here.

38Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 11:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:My reply was to you and NOT to Nathasha's post that was made AFTER mine - so don't try to pretend you were saying the same thing as she was - you most certainly weren't.

And that is obvious to all of us or otherwise you would have been saying the rules of the game had to change.

You had in mind when you posted what you did that on average most games of 90 minutes have about 60 minutes of actual play as you have commented on this several times in the past - see Iles article in the paper today...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I simply pointed out that what you had written couldn't happen within the current rules of the game and what the impact of what you were suggesting in your post would be.

If you can never accept being wrong about anything - and you obviously can't - then that's your problem, not mine or anyone else's on here.
I think this needs a longer and much more detailed explanation of where you're coming from...

..ideally cross-referenced with quotations from the Bible, Talmud and the Kama Sutra. Some links to the Origin of Species and the Meccano Magazine August 1932 would also be helpful.

39Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 12:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I think this needs a longer and much more detailed explanation of where you're coming from...

..ideally cross-referenced with quotations from the Bible, Talmud and the Kama Sutra. Some links to the Origin of Species and the Meccano Magazine August 1932 would also be helpful.
What are those boys up to!? I'm surprised at you Lusty. Promoting filth. Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

40Bolton 2-1 Burton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burton Thu Oct 27 2022, 12:23

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wessy wrote:

Excuse me for saying but isn’t that what the referee is supposed to do, stop his watch when play stops or when time wasting takes place, otherwise why does the ref point to his watch during a match to indicate it’s pointless? Surely that’s what he’s there for, to run the game and all its processes?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum