Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Exeter

+3
Whitesince63
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Bolton 2-0 Exeter Fri Dec 16 2022, 19:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seeing as the mods can't be arsed.

Home game on Saturday against Exeter. I once stayed in a caravan in Exeter.

We can't defend, but neither can Exeter judging by recent posts on Exeter Nuts.

1-1, Dapo.

There will be no Radio Nuts again for this game. The next Radio Nuts will be on the 27th December against Derby County

2Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Fri Dec 16 2022, 19:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sat Dec 17 2022, 08:38

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Seeing as the mods can't be arsed.

Home game on Saturday against Exeter. I once stayed in a caravan in Exeter.

We can't defend, but neither can Exeter judging by recent posts on Exeter Nuts.

1-1, Dapo.
A bit like the other threads NAT, very sparse. Maybe we should bring Lusty back after all? Anyway, like you I’m not confident today and if we can’t defend with Rico and Jones how will we do without them. I’m afraid I’m feeling even less confident that your draw and have to go for a 1-2 defeat and a very long and cold trip back over’t tops te Yorkshire!! 🥴🤨

4Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sat Dec 17 2022, 09:30

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We will do well today.

Trafford
Aimson Toal Johnston
Bradley..................... John
Lee MJ Sadlier
Dapo Dadbod

Finding it hard to pick who goes where because I want to pick Sadlier but can't sacrifice John, Dapo or Bradley.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sat Dec 17 2022, 10:59

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Biggie wrote:We will do well today.

Trafford
Aimson Toal Johnston
Bradley..................... John
Lee MJ Sadlier
Dapo Dadbod

Finding it hard to pick who goes where because I want to pick Sadlier but can't sacrifice John, Dapo or Bradley.
Well I think you can certainly replace John Biggie, I think there’s zero chance of Evatt playing him and it now seems certain he’ll be away in the window. With Iredale and Beck in front of him I’d be surprised if we ever see him in a Wanderers shirt again. Like you I’d play Bod before Charles but Evatt likes him so I suspect he’ll still start and also probably Kachunga before Sadlier. Maybe that’s why we’re not winning games, we know better than our manager?

6Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sat Dec 17 2022, 12:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be amazed if John played for us again. He'll be off on 1st Jan as my mole has suggested.

7Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sat Dec 17 2022, 20:04

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great first half how it was only 2 i don't know, Bradey missed a sitter and we hit the woodwork twice, Exeter improved second half but one of the easiest wins of the season. We seem to move it forward quicker without Santos and Jones wasn't missed. Encouraging seeing we had a few missing.

8Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sat Dec 17 2022, 20:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Around the first half an hour was great. Second half was a bit shite and boring I nearly fell asleep.

Could have done without the half time break.

9Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sat Dec 17 2022, 21:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

They called the second half game management... But isn't that the bit where the opposition grab a goal and put you on the rack for the last twenty mins?

10Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sat Dec 17 2022, 22:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Biggie wrote:They called the second half game management... But isn't that the bit where the opposition grab a goal and put you on the rack for the last twenty mins?
Yes Biggie and that’s exactly what I was expecting to happen when we seemed to completely go to pot in the second half. Thankfully Exeter were pretty poor today and we held out. I still can’t believe how we weren’t at least four up at half time and not just with the two Charles efforts that hit the post because we missed several other great opportunities. In the end it didn’t matter and we got the 3 points which is what counts but there were signs in that first half of how good we can be and I’d like to see Evatt start with todays team again in forthcoming games.

11Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sun Dec 18 2022, 00:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Happy with the three points but concerned with that second half. Don't know what happened but we came out flat and they out played us for large parts of it. A better team would have got back into the game. One more goal and they would have called it a day, but we didn't seem interested in getting it. 
Need a full 90 minutes in the next - COYWM

12Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sun Dec 18 2022, 16:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:Happy with the three points but concerned with that second half. Don't know what happened but we came out flat and they out played us for large parts of it. A better team would have got back into the game. One more goal and they would have called it a day, but we didn't seem interested in getting it. 
Need a full 90 minutes in the next - COYWM
Totally agree.

We should have won by 3 or 4 goals.

It was good to see Bradley, Dapo and Charles looking on form.

I'm not a fan of the PAPPA JOHN TROPHY, but the 4-0 win probably helped the mood in the camp, let's hope they can build on the Exeter win too,  in the coming games.

13Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sun Dec 18 2022, 16:41

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree we were terrible in the second half, very ragged and second to every ball but I tend to believe Evatt that it was mainly down to tiredness. Players like Toal and Aimson hadn’t had much game time recently and that pitch looked pretty heavy. Unfortunately we didn’t really have any defenders to bring on to replace them with Rico and Jones out injured so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. I think IE did the best he could to protect them by bringing on MJ and Dempsey who could stiffen up the midfield and it seemed to work and we survived. For me the damage was done in the first half because we really should have been 4 or 5 up by then, even despite Dion hitting the post twice. Hopefully Ian will resolve that in January and bring in a partner for Dion up top who can not only score but win aerial balls for Dion to chase. I have to say on yesterdays showing we’re not far off now and if we can continue to play at the pace of the first half we’ll have too much for any of our rivals in this league.

14Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Sun Dec 18 2022, 16:52

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Very impressive gate though.

On a very cold day.

15Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Mon Dec 19 2022, 10:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Very impressive gate though.

On a very cold day.

It certainly was. I was getting frostbite on my nips! Shocked

16Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Mon Dec 19 2022, 22:47

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No way in this world were there 19,942 people in the UniBol on Saturday. Looking at the volume of empty seats I doubt there were really any more than 13k or 14k on. Obviously the club add the seats sold to ST holders many of whom clearly didn’t turn up. Compare it to the visits of the likes of Wigan and Wednesday last year with a packed away end and we didn’t get that many on.

17Bolton 2-0 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Exeter Thu Dec 22 2022, 16:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The crowd did look pretty sparse considering the gate they said they had.

Although, once I tried to scan 2 tickets in a mix up at the gate and they said they couldn't because it would mess with the attendance figure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum