Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EFL pundits react to Wanderers' 3-0 win against Pompey

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

EFL pundits react to Wanderers' 3-0 win against Pompey 16357256

EFL pundit Jamie Mackie says Wanderers were “very impressive” during their 3-0 victory against Portsmouth at the UniBol.

Dion Charles, Kieran Lee and Eoin Toal were all on target as the Whites recorded a 12th league win of the season.

James Trafford didn’t have much to do in the Bolton goal after another resilient defensive display from Ian Evatt’s men.

Former QPR and Plymouth striker Mackie was particularly impressed by Wanderers’ clinical finishing against Pompey.

He also singled out Toal for praise as the young defender continues to impress since his move from the League of Ireland.

The 23-year-old has now scored twice in his last four league matches and is starting to look like a shrewd piece of business.

Speaking as a pundit on the EFL highlights show, Mackie said: “Bolton were very impressive today, clinical with their chances.

“I think Portsmouth are desperate for their permanent manager to come in. I believe Liam Manning is favourite, and they need that just to get a bit more stability.

“I was really impressed with Toal today with his goal. He came in from Derry in the summer.

“They needed a centre-back and he has come in and scored a lovely goal, especially for a centre-back in that position.”

Wanderers are now six points clear of seventh-place Wycombe, who suffered a 1-0 defeat against Sheffield Wednesday.

Evatt’s men have conceded just once in their last eight matches and have the third best defensive record in the division.

They are back in action next weekend when they make the trip to Pride Park to take on promotion rivals Derby, who are only above them on goal difference at this stage.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth find themselves in 15th place and are without a win in their last nine matches in the league.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum