Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby 2-1 Bolton

+6
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
karlypants
Sluffy
wessy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Derby 2-1 Bolton Fri Jan 20 2023, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Huge game.

Main striker missing.

Perfect opportunity for Nlundulu. So I expect Kachunga to start.

Big test for our midfield, but without Karl Henry I fear we will lose the battle.

3-1 to the Rams.

2Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Fri Jan 20 2023, 11:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be more optimistic and go for a draw. I can see it being a tight game though.

3Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Fri Jan 20 2023, 17:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I’ve no idea what to expect. I don’t like the upheaval of our attacking players with Baka, Dapo and now Dad Bod out of the equation. Such big changes, albeit one enforced isn’t something you’d associate with a Play Off chasing team. I don’t know anything about the new lads apart from the time that Nlundulu got last weekend and that didn’t tell me much. I just hope that Evatt has seen enough to know that they’re an upgrade instead of just hoping that they’ll work. It’s a lot of change and often takes time to work.

4Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Fri Jan 20 2023, 21:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sat Jan 21 2023, 12:39

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A genuine huge game and a huge test, Bod is a blow but Evatt can name the same team that have done so well, plus Dan the man (hopefully)  The negative for me is that we are due to concede, so may have to score a couple. The positive is that Derby are due to lose . Would take a draw.

6Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sat Jan 21 2023, 14:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

7Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sat Jan 21 2023, 14:24

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Any commentary today?

8Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sat Jan 21 2023, 14:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Any commentary today?

Radio Nuts will be available if that's what you mean.

9Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sat Jan 21 2023, 14:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

10Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sat Jan 21 2023, 16:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FT:2-1 To be expected really after flogging Afolayan off.

11Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sat Jan 21 2023, 17:24

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Result, no surprise.

12Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sun Jan 22 2023, 09:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cheltenham fans didn’t seem at all disappointed to see Dan depart. 
Can IE get summat out of him that the Robins couldn’t? At the moment he doesn’t seem any improvement on Baka to me and he wasn’t cutting it.

13Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sun Jan 22 2023, 11:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the space of a week I feel we've gone massively backwards.

We didn't play well at Derby but we weren't outclassed. But the sale of Dapo was made to look even more ridiculous when you consider the manager sent on Kachunga (0 goals in 2056 games) and a skinny teenager to save the game. Never going to happen.

What bothers me longer term is that Evans seems obsessed with bringing young, inexperienced players on loan into the club. I've no problem with Evans signing youth, but loans make little sense in the longer term. What this team really needs is a couple of experienced players, especially in midfield, to take this club forward. I looked at that team that finished the game and there's hardly a big bastard amongst them.

We're not going up, but I'd like to see a little progress from last season. But I don't see any.

14Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sun Jan 22 2023, 15:44

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don’t think there is much chance we’ll make the play offs let alone go up. Wycombe and Peterborough will likely get stronger in the second half of the season and the other teams in the top 6 are simply better than us IMO. Losing Bod is a huge blow and selling one of our best players strikes me as very odd unless there’s still a quality signing coming in. I find it hard to believe that the Utd kid will set the world alight and think we’ll continue to lack goals. Also, if Lee fades or picks up an injury we’ll quickly look like a very average L1 side. Anything above an 8th place finish will surprise me.

15Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Sun Jan 22 2023, 23:10

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My concern was our complete lack of ball control.  Everyone one of them could not receive a pass without it bouncing off their chin and then struggling to challenge for that second ball.  Its a total lack of quality throughout the team.
They were better than us today but not by that much IMO.
A win on Tuesday and we will all feel better.......I think we are good for 5th or 6th but I don't fancy us in the playoffs at the moment.
Should I bother to mention Sadlier........made a few good passes and scores again within 5 minutes....back on the bench on Tuesday  ..dunno..

16Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Mon Jan 23 2023, 10:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote: Everyone one of them could not receive a pass without it bouncing off their chin
That's pretty bad. Smile

17Derby 2-1 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 2-1 Bolton Mon Jan 23 2023, 14:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listened to it on the radio and we started badly and never improved. We were on the back foot all game. We definitely need another experienced striker similar to JDB.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum