Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We can get on a run' - Adeboyejo eyes strong finish for a play-off spot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'We can get on a run' - Adeboyejo eyes strong finish for a play-off spot 16688050

Victor Adeboyejo remains confident that Wanderers can fashion a play-off run on home turf over the next three games.

Ian Evatt’s men face Shrewsbury, Accrington and Fleetwood at the University of Bolton Stadium over a seven-day period before a final-day trip to Bristol Rovers.

Tickets for the Memorial Stadium sold out in less than 30 minutes and just under 1,300 supporters will travel in the hope the game proves more of a celebration than a decider.

Adeboyejo was gutted his goal did not count towards a win against his former club Burton on Tuesday night but he remains upbeat about the club’s position with four games remaining.

“It is in our hands,” he said. “We are more than capable of going on a run but it is a case of staying confident and bold, believing in what we are doing.

“We still have a game in hand and three home games, so with our fans and the way we play the game, I see no reason why we can’t get on that run now to the end of the season. It is up to us.”

The striker’s fifth-minute goal at the Pirelli Stadium was his second in Bolton colours and added towards an overall tally of 15 this season.

Hitting his target of 20 could be optimistic at this stage of the game but Adeboyejo would settle for scoring important goals for Bolton in their efforts to sustain a top six spot.

“For me, I felt like if I got to 15 I should get to 20, and that is a goal. But the biggest thing for me is to help the team achieve,” he said.

“If I do get there, great, but if it means running about and putting my body on the line then I’ll do that. I want to achieve those numbers myself but I also want to be at a club which is winning consistently.”

Ian Evatt hailed the draw at Burton on Tuesday night as the team’s best display since the Papa Johns Trophy final. There can be little argument, however, that Evatt’s side left the pitch feeling they have dropped points.

“Overall I thought we played well, tried to put the pressure on them, and on another day we’d probably have got the win but we have to park it and go again Saturday,” Adeboyejo reasoned.

“We knew it would be a tough game and that we would have to stand up to the challenge first, and I think we did that. On another day I think we finish with three points because I think we have played better here than we have in the last few away games where we did get the win.

“That’s what football is like, isn’t it? It can be unpredictable.”

Adeboyejo credits Burton with turning his career around and his goals for the Brewers alerted Bolton in January, leading to a £450,000 move.

His welcome on returning to East Staffordshire was a warm one, albeit he would have liked to travel home with three points in the bag.

“There were mixed emotions, really, because I am grateful to the club and what they did for me in the six months I was here. They gave me confidence and belief and I started enjoying the game as well,” he explained.

“I’m at Bolton now, work hard for them, and that is obviously the main goal for me now. I am happy to score and want more this season.

“The support and love I got from the Burton fans was amazing and it was nice to receive applause from them – I’m happy to see how they are doing this season and pulling up the table.

“But like I said my first priority is achieving something with Bolton and I though I’m happy I scored, I wish it would have been part of three points. We have to go again now and try to do that Saturday.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum