Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers sign Tranmere man, Bristol City star on way

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers sign Tranmere man, Bristol City star on way 16916009

Wanderers have completed the signing of Josh Dacres-Cogley from Tranmere Rovers – and should wrap-up a move for Bristol City’s Kane Wilson very soon.

Dacres-Cogley has signed a two-year deal to become Ian Evatt’s third new arrival of the summer.

The pacy right wing-back came through the ranks at Birmingham City and played nine times in the Championship before moving to Prenton Park, where he was virtually ever-present over the course of two seasons.

The 27-year-old will soon be joined by former Forest Green defender Kane Wilson, who underwent a medical today and is expected to be announced imminently.

Dacres-Cogley is looking forward to starting with a new club gunning for promotion this season.

“When Bolton come to you, you can’t really turn them down because of the size of the club and the history,” he said.

“I’m really excited to be here. Bolton is such a massive club, and I can’t wait to get started now.

“You can sense the energy and you can see that this is a club moving forward. I wanted to be a part of that.”

Dacres-Cogley earned a reputation as a quick and creative full-back during his time on Merseyside, registering 10 assists and two goals during his time with the club.

And he feels he can bring the same skills to League One to use for Bolton’s benefit.

“I’m a marauding full back who likes to get up and down the pitch to help out with assists, as well as trying to get on the score sheet so hopefully the fans will see that from me.

“I had a good chat with the manager not long ago and he’s seen what I can do in terms of my pace and helping the team out.”

The defender is confident that after two years as a first choice at Tranmere he can come to Bolton and challenge for a place in Ian Evatt’s squad, and is comfortable with the style of football he will be asked to play.

“It’s been great for me to play consistently over the past few seasons, gaining that experience and learning a lot from it,” he said “I watched the play-offs and I also played against Bolton last season in the Papa Johns, so I had an idea on what the team is about. I want to come in and help us push even further.

“It’s a good opportunity for me to come here and be successful.”

Wilson looks set to sign before the weekend for a fee of around £200,000 plus add-ons, ending a disappointing 12-month spell with Bristol City which was decimated by a knee injury picked up in a game against QPR last October.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum