Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton to make decision on duo for Cheltenham trip

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton to make decision on duo for Cheltenham trip 17097845

Wanderers are weighing up whether Jon Dadi Bodvarsson or Eoin Toal might be fast-tracked into Saturday’s squad at Cheltenham Town.

Both players were ear-marked for a return over the coming week – Bodvarsson against Fleetwood and Toal potentially for the following weekend clash with Wigan Athletic.

But after switching several players to give them game time against Barrow on Tuesday night in the Carabao Cup Evatt is now pondering whether to take the two returning players to Whaddon Road.

“Physically we are taking the workload really well and it certainly helps having the strength of squad to make eight changes from what we had against Lincoln,” he said.

“There are no new injuries for us and Jon and Eoin are progressing really nicely with their work, embracing it. They are not far away at all.

“Whether they are ready for Saturday or not, it’s a decision I plan to make in the next few hours, but they are doing really well.”

With a very different style of opposition and a tighter pitch to contend with at Cheltenham, Evatt has hinted that it might not simply be a case of reverting to the team that started against Lincoln.

Pleased with what he saw in spells of the midweek cup game, the Bolton boss is pleased to have the luxury of a deeper squad this season.

“I know I have a really good squad of players and I am pleased with what they achieved on Saturday and on Tuesday,” he said. “People will look at the score on Tuesday against Barrow and think it was a close game but it really wasn’t. We completely dictated and dominated.

“When there are 10 men inside the penalty box it is not easy to score goals and we still created chances in that first half that we should have taken.

“The thing I keep harping on about it getting that first goal because when you score it, the whole thing settles down and allows us to play our way.

“On Tuesday Barrow came with a gameplan of being disciplined, diligent, they made it very tough for us but the first half in particular I think there was a lot to like about what we did.

“Carlos and Paris will be fitter and sharper for the experience, they are learning all the time, and both showed flashes of what they can offer us.

“Will Forrester came in as well and was steady away, he is learning what we do and how we do it.

“I am delighted with the squad at the moment and if you add Jon and Eoin to that group – plus George Johnston, who unfortunately will be missing for a long spell, it is still a pretty strong squad.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum