Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Riley not going to Swindon plus who we are trying to farm out - yes maybe even Sordell!

+5
doffcocker
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Interesting!

WANDERERS pulled the plug on Joe Riley’s loan deal at Swindon Town after being told the highly-rated defender had to earn a chance to play in League One.

Riley reported for duty at the Wiltshire club on Monday only to make an about-turn when it was said his stay was not yet guaranteed.

According to sources in Swindon, the notoriously unpredictable Paul di Canio wanted to adopt a try-before-you-buy policy, despite a deal having been agreed between the two clubs a few days earlier, and that a minor injury then led to them sending Riley back.

The product of the Whites youth academy has been eager to leave the Reebok on loan in order to get some first-team football, after falling behind Sam Ricketts and Tyrone Mears in the pecking order this season.

Di Canio had spoken mysteriously about Riley’s arrival at the weekend, although it is understood a right-back was not top of his priority list.

“Joe Riley, if I’m not wrong, is a good right-back,” said the Italian. “Not because I have good information but I have to have a vocabulary about all the players.

“I know every single player from League Two to the Premier League but I don’t know who he is, I don’t know his face. We will see for the future.”

Dougie Freedman wants to send a handful of players out on loan before next Thursday’s deadline, feeling that his squad is “imbalanced” in certain positions.

Gregg Wylde – who is yet to make a first-team appearance since his switch from Glasgow Rangers in February – has been touted round several clubs in an effort to find him a deal.

Michael O’Halloran is another youngster who would be allowed out if the right offer came in, with the Scottish striker having already spent some time at Carlisle United earlier this season.

Keeper Rob Lainton could also be given some game time elsewhere once Andy Lonergan returns from the knee injury that has kept him out of action for the past month.

Freedman has also hinted that he would be willing to let some of his bigger names leave on loan in the new year as he looks to re-shape the team for a concerted push towards the play-offs.

Players such as Marvin Sordell and Marcos Alonso, who have struggled to find regular football so far this season, could fall into that bracket.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would like to see Wylde and Riley given a chance in OUR first team as well as Sordell.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sordell is definitely not going out on loan.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Id be happy to loan as many unused players out as possible, if they are playing well then we can recall them and their fully fit to play.

No one looses

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mears and Ricketts haven't cut the mustard, and Riley has shown signs of potential. I wouldn't loan him out.

Warnock has his faults but I'm very satisfied with him for the moment. I can't see Alonso competing for his shirt this season, so I'd send him out.

In Eagles, CYL and Petrov, we've got three wide players that are hit and miss at best, on which basis, I think Wylde should be held onto.

The Sordell situation is just baffling. I wouldn't understand if he'd been unmitigatingly turd in the limited number of games he's played.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good idea loaning out our fringe players, but we're not in the Prem anymore so realistically who would want them.

Being blunt we are overloaded with not good enough players..over to you Dougie.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sordell, Alonso and Wylde, 3 of many masterstrokes by Coyle. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

SKD is wasting a space in the team or on the bench while we have to have Eaves, Sordell ?? going out on loan. I don't fathom it. Riley seemed better than Mears...why don't we put Mears out for loan?

Another worry is apparently Zat is back in favor....and captain to boot.

Well I'm still reading good things about doog regarding training and tactics....so let's hope it transfers to the game.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's this "deadline" about?

Secondly, does this mean that in the very short time DF has been at the club he's given the entire squad the opportunity and time to show their worth and has already come to the decision that this group is not worth keeping? Don't want to disrespect Freedman but it seems like he hasn't given everyone a fair crack at the whip before making his mind up - which would be VERY rash and plain dumb IMO.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Secondly, does this mean that in the very short time DF has been at the club he's given the entire squad the opportunity and time to show their worth and has already come to the decision that this group is not worth keeping? Don't want to disrespect Freedman but it seems like he hasn't given everyone a fair crack at the whip before making his mind up - which would be VERY rash and plain dumb IMO.

My thoughts exactly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum