Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton seeking new first team coach as Sam Hird announces exit

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton seeking new first team coach as Sam Hird announces exit 17283619

Wanderers are looking for a new first team coach after Sam Hird announced his decision to leave the club.

Hird, who has been a key man in Bolton’s backroom since being brought to the club from Barrow in the summer of 2021, has accepted a position at the PFA.

Evatt confirmed that applications are now being sought for the job but that Hird was looking to spend more time with his family.

He explained: “Not only is Sam someone I have worked with for a long period of time but he is also a friend. We have a personal relationship.

“This job comes with a lot of sacrifice – hours away from home and family. There was a chance for him to go and have a different direction in his career at the PFA, long term security, and also being able to spend weekends at home, watch his son play football.

“All these things go into the decision-making process.

“He has been unbelievable for me in the last three years, he was great for me as a player at Barrow and I’d played with him at Chesterfield. I’m really pleased he has an opportunity which gives him a chance to do some of the things he can’t do in this job.”

Evatt does not yet have anyone lined-up to replace Hird, who has been an influential figure on the training ground, helping to establish Bolton’s excellent defensive record over the past couple of seasons.

“I am not a manager who just appoints friends – and that sounds strange because I am talking about a personal friend in Sam,” he said. “But I knew his intelligence and I know he saw the game the same way as I did, so bringing him to Bolton was a no brainer.

“In terms of a new recruit, it will be a process. We want the best candidate.

“We know what we want, what it needs to look like. We need someone who will be additive to the staffing group and there are lots of CVs which have already been placed in.

“We have to get the best possible candidate to take us forward.

“We thank Sam for all his hard work but we’ll now move on with someone who has new ideas that can add to the group.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd apply, but I think Evans would see me as competition for his job.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The PFA are rolling in lucre. More than Saint Marcus I expect. I'll have to check on the latest accounts.

I expect to have to wade through tidal waves of wokeness before I get to the figures.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The PFA get most of their money from TV rights, about £22m in each of the last two years. 

The new CEO has had to make do with a salary and bonus of £575K last year. How does he manage? 

The previous CEO, Gordon Taylor formerly of this Parish, walked away with £3.1m in his final year.

Marvin Sordell, another player that walked away with a chunk of Eddie's fortune, is on the Board of the PFA.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum