Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Villa want £2million for Warnock

+15
BoltonTillIDie
Mallorca Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
xmiles
wanderlust
JonnyRandom
Culcheth_White
terenceanne
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 am

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Embarassed oops...

Sluffy... can you merge please.

thanks.

22Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:25 am

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Stop copying my threads! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

23Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't we pay 2.5 million for Tim Ream in January.

so "something that we won't do" is complete bollocks.

24Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£2m for Warnock would be madness. Granted, he's probably been a bit better than the shite we had previously but he's still average at best. He's slow, pisspoor at crossing, and should have been sent off at least twice in his short spell.

We can do better.

25Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

I'd take him for £2m.

Then I'd sue Alonso, Real Madrid and Owen Coyle for allowing that transfer to have the numbers £2.5m involved..

26Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 am

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS are locked in talks with Aston Villa to ensure that Stephen Warnock will not be playing his final game for the club this weekend.

The full-back faces a demoralising return to Villa Park after Saturday’s visit to Peterborough United unless a deal can be struck to extend the emergency loan he signed in September.

Warnock has been a big hit at the Reebok but has been told in no uncertain terms by Paul Lambert that he has no future back in the Midlands, with the club already well-stocked in the left back department.

Eric Lichaj, Joe Bennett and Enda Stevens are all ahead of him in the Premier League pecking order, which would most likely mean a return to training with the reserves, which is the situation he found himself in before his arrival in the North West. Efforts by Villa to attract a buyer for £2million in January have thus far proved fruitless, and with just six months remaining on his contract, Lambert may be willing to cut his losses entirely.

Wanderers have already ruled out a purchase but would be willing to extend their loan, potentially for a greater share of the player’s wages, until the end of the season.

Villa are no longer under pressure from owner Randy Lerner to curb their wage bill, having trimmed the likes of Alan Hutton, James Collins, Carlos Cuellar and Habib Beye in the last four months and brought through a crop of younger talent.

Warnock has made 14 appearances and missed only one game, against Ipswich Town, when he was replaced by the club’s only other out-and-out left-back, Marcos Alonso.

He also passed the 350 career appearance mark against Huddersfield Town on December 8.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

27Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 am

6 months on his contract and they want £2 million! That is absolutely outrageous, I wouldn’t be happy about paying £1 million for a 30 year old deemed past it by Villa with that little on his contract.

28Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Warnock has been a big hit at the Reebok

Seriously, who writes this absolute bullshit?

If we pay money for Warnock we deserve to go out of business.

29Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 am

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Warnock has been a big hit at the Reebok

Seriously, who writes this absolute bullshit?

If we pay money for Warnock we deserve to go out of business.

In fairness, he has been half decent...

30Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:36 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
In fairness, he has been half decent...

I agree, but half decent doesn't add up to £2m especially when he's out of favour with his own club.

We can do better if we're shelling out £2m.

31Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mixed views on buying Warnock in this thread.

I empathise with those who feel we should as LB has been one of our weaker positions and neither Robinson or Alonso managed to step up so I appreciate the urgency. But as discussed it's about time sellers stopped taking the piss out of us and our scouts pulled their fingers out. Sure there's a lot of competition out there, but other clubs pull rabbits out of the hat and I can't remember the last time we signed a quality player that wasn't "obvious". I'd never heard of Michu before Swansea snagged him for £2 million - where are our surprise (quality) signings?

Last edited by wanderlust on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

32Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:49 am

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote: I'd never heard of Michu before Swansea snagged him for £2 million - where are our surprise signings?

I'd never heard of Tim Ream. I've been quite surprised by him. Surprised how shit he is.

33Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
wanderlust wrote: I'd never heard of Michu before Swansea snagged him for £2 million - where are our surprise signings?

I'd never heard of Tim Ream. I've been quite surprised by him. Surprised how shit he is.

Smile - I suspect we were reamed when we signed him. Play him in a back 3 or retrain him as a defensive mid and we might get our money's worth.

34Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:10 pm

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

£2m for a 30 yr old left back who is out of favour with his current club and out of contract in June. Do Villa think we are thick?

35Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:Do Villa think we are thick?

They've seen our recent signings. Of course they do.

36Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldnt pay anything - I am sure he'd rather play (for us) than not play at all...

37Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Fair comments

38Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I reckon we will get the extended loan and pay more of his wages, then sign him in summer.

Villa might as well try it, but when they realise no one will pay then they will cut their losses.

39Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:42 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Whatever our feelings about Warnock's performance (OK but no more in my opinion) nobody in their right mind would pay £1m let alone £2m for him now. Villa are just taking the piss.

40Villa want £2million for Warnock - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa want £2million for Warnock Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lambert seems to be going with youth at Villa, I can't see him being too worried one way or another about Warnock, he's not had a look in under the last 3 villa managers so I reckon they will just cut their losses with him.

He's certainly not premier league quality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum