Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt?

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Empty Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Fri Dec 07 2012, 15:08

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Former French international Mikael Silvestre has told Sky Sports he wants to continue playing and would consider a move into the Championship. He insists he would consider playing outside the Premier League, saying: "I am ready and that is all I can do.

"You can't say no to a team that is willing to show an interest, and so the Championship now with all the clubs around Manchester, if I could play for the likes of Blackburn and Bolton - why not?"

Worth a punt? Although he is a Man United chap?
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Keegan on Fri Dec 07 2012, 16:52; edited 1 time in total

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Fri Dec 07 2012, 15:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hmmm interesting, I thought he had retired.

I imagine if he has just finished playing at Bremen he still has something to offer, 35 maybe a bit old but if he still has that bit of quality then i'd offer him a trial.

3Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Fri Dec 07 2012, 15:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't see the point really. We should be building a new team, not plugging the gaps in the short term.

4Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Fri Dec 07 2012, 15:24

I'd take him. In fact I'll take proven older players over young nobodies every time while we're in the Championship.

Any decent young player is going to be on the radar of a bigger club than Bolton, so we'll be left with the crap. As Coyle proved with Wylde and probably Sordell.

5Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Fri Dec 07 2012, 15:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hmm not sure about the subtitle on this thread.

bad taste to say the least.

6Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Fri Dec 07 2012, 16:50

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but if you are seething I'll happily change it. I'm not married to it or anything.

7Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Fri Dec 07 2012, 17:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not seething, it's just ignorent and not funny.

Don't change on account of me though.

8Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Fri Dec 07 2012, 17:31

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Too late.

9Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mikael Silvestre - Worth a punt? Fri Dec 07 2012, 18:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Non!!!... Too old and just looking for another pay day to see out his career. Not at our expense than you very much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum