Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites SWOOP for Holness (No not bob)

+8
bwfc71
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have taken Omar Holness, an 18-year-old Jamaican midfielder, on trial.

Just a trial. Wink

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll be shite, but Keegan will make him out to be the next Bob Marley.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Bolton is too lightweight for Holness. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's just come back from surgery on an ACL and MCL tear.

He'll fit right in!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's the new Ricardo gardner..

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hopefully, he won't have as many injuries as Gardner did. (If we sign him).

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not building my hopes up, i'm guessing Dougie has been told good things about him and decided to take a look at him, what's the worse that could happen?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Not building my hopes up, i'm guessing Dougie has been told good things about him and decided to take a look at him, what's the worse that could happen?

He spends 10 years at the club taking millions in wages but only plays a handful of games.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Not building my hopes up, i'm guessing Dougie has been told good things about him and decided to take a look at him, what's the worse that could happen?

He spends 10 years at the club taking millions in wages but only plays a handful of games.

Would be one hell of a trial to get a 10 year contract

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Would be one hell of a trial to get a 10 year contract

This is the club that gave its worst player a new contract, anything is possible.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nat,
You're being too severe on Ricky Gardner- he was a good servant to the club. Injuries are not his fault!!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ahhh but that is Nat all over. If a player has any sort of injury then ethey shouldn't be playing for the Wanderers. She basically wants super-soldiers as players, which will never happen as injuries are part and parcel of the game, as we know.

bwfc71 wrote:Ahhh but that is Nat all over. If a player has any sort of injury then ethey shouldn't be playing for the Wanderers. She basically wants super-soldiers as players, which will never happen as injuries are part and parcel of the game, as we know.

I think her actual philosophy is to moan about everything in the hope it gets a reaction.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The make-up of a decent Bolton fan: -

1) Enjoy a good moan

2) Complain about the managers tactics / decisions (it's always his fault!)

3) None of the players are good enough and never will be

4) If on any given day you have not done 2) or 3) then please revert to 1)

Regards,

WhiteBic

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ricardo Gardner was a decent player who never fulfilled his potential. Firstly because his final ball was shite, and secondly because he was an injury prone ponce.

I'm sorry, but if that is "trying to get a reaction" then so be it. But I really don't think anyone could say his crossing didn't let him down, and his playing record over the last 5 years speaks for itself. More time injured than fit.

And on the subject of injury prone ponces, I do believe some players are less inclined to get fit than others. Some will hide injuries so they can play, others will make up injuries so they don't have to.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the subject of injury prone ponces I notice that Michael Owen is crocked again. It has been calculated that he has played a total of 53 minutes football for Stoke at 7K per minute!

Natasha Whittam wrote:

And on the subject of injury prone ponces, I do believe some players are less inclined to get fit than others. Some will hide injuries so they can play, others will make up injuries so they don't have to.

Please elaborate.

Gardners a legend, in spite of his poor final ball! That said it was good enough when it mattered, in the play off final.

Injuries were unfortunate but not his fault, ponce is not a word that should be used in reference to him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Please elaborate.

Gardners a legend, in spite of his poor final ball! That said it was good enough when it mattered, in the play off final.

Injuries were unfortunate but not his fault, ponce is not a word that should be used in reference to him.

Gardner isn't a legend. McGinlay & Lofthouse are legends. I wouldn't even put Gardner in the top 30 players of the last 20 years.

He started well, had an average middle, and then was utter bobbins for several seasons.

As for injuries, certain players are committed to playing and only a broken leg will keep them out. Others, like Gardner, let every single minor ailment turn into a long-term injury. It's a mental thing.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Please elaborate.

Gardner isn't a legend. McGinlay & Lofthouse are legends. I wouldn't even put Gardner in the top 30 players of the last 20 years.

He started well, had an average middle, and then was utter bobbins for several seasons.

As for injuries, certain players are committed to playing and only a broken leg will keep them out. Others, like Gardner, let every single minor ailment turn into a long-term injury. It's a mental thing.

I was saying I class him as a legend, I'm sure our lists of who we deem legendary are very different.

As for your last bit about injuries, you've invented the 'any minor ailment' part, he did his cruciates a couple of times if Im not mistaken, he wasn't out for a season with a cold.

No footballer wants to be injured, who would rather sit on a medical table, or do weights or some other fitness exercises than be playing football with the team? Nobody.

Anyway it's the medical team who decide whether or not a player is fit to play, players don't walk in and tell the manager they don't fancy it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

I was saying I class him as a legend, I'm sure our lists of who we deem legendary are very different.

As for your last bit about injuries, you've invented the 'any minor ailment' part, he did his cruciates a couple of times if Im not mistaken, he wasn't out for a season with a cold.

No footballer wants to be injured, who would rather sit on a medical table, or do weights or some other fitness exercises than be playing football with the team? Nobody.

Anyway it's the medical team who decide whether or not a player is fit to play, players don't walk in and tell the manager they don't fancy it.

You poor naive fool.

You or I might play for Bolton Wanderers for free and with a broken leg, but these ponces treat playing for BWFC like anyone else would treat being Office Junior in some crappy office. If you can get a day off "sick" and still get paid - result!

Some days players simply don't fancy it. If a player tells the medical staff he's ill/injured they're not going to make him play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum