Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

crap home support...

+6
CEF
Sgt. Bash
Lofty_Love
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1crap home support...  Empty crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 12:17

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Right...

I've made no bones about how, for want of a better word PATHETIC some of our supporters are. the club dont help either.

The club have fucked up ticket pricing to the point of where everybody is split up around the ground.

For example...

Fuck up no' 1

'crazy corner' - used to be where the hardcore stood, it was noisy and just about the only place where anybody could be arsed to sing and make some noise. This season, the club decided to sell a £49 season ticket for under 18's ANYWHERE in the ground... meaning all the 14 year olds who's parents bought them season tickets - thought ''oh... I want to go there, ive seen green street, mummy can I have a Lyle and Scott jumper for Christmas.'' - result, The corner is now full of kids with tin-tin quiffs who have not got a clue what a football chant is... they would rather sit around and talk about school.

Fuck up no' 2

The club had the intention, for whatever reason a few seasons ago to create a ''singing stand'' in the NSL - a good gesture. however, they made the mistake of offering tickets at dirt cheap prices - thus, it got filled with cheapskates who wont stand or sing, just wanted a cheap ticket. consequently, the north stand is now crap.

im seriously considering not renewing my season ticket next year as the atmosphere has become so depressing its ruining my weekends - win or lose...

I attend a lot of away games, the atmosphere is a lot batter and know a lot of fans who dotn bother going to the Reebok anymore for the same reason im thinking of not doing.

The Club, as well as investing in the squad, need to invest in the ground as well - the cheap kids tickets (I dont have anything against cheap tickets for kids, but keep them to specific stands) and cheap north stand tickets has destroyed what little noise our crap fans did make even more.

Some real clubs have a supporters group with thousands of members - numbers big enough to have some clout to make the club listen to them... we dont.

Dont even get me started on the BWSA - its just a select group of old men who use it as a reason to get more badges for their already badge filled hats, drink real ale and suck up to the club so they get to meet a couple of players a few times a year.

We need a proper fans group, maybe even an 'ultras' style group - but I feel 99.8% of our fans couldn't really give s shit... hence why we dont have one.

2crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 13:06

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Also, I can see the Sunderland game having less than 6000 in - 4000 of them will be Sunderland fans...

Maybe its the clubs pricing strategy that's flawed - surely selling 25,000 tickets for a quid will be financially viable? I mean, they would maybe buy a drink or some food on the concourse at half time, thus justifying the cheap ticket?

Maybe its the FA that sets prices, I dont actually know, if it is - they are a bunch of stupid gits.

or maybe its just our fans who couldn't really give a shit... other clubs get decent crowds for FACUP games...

3crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 13:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you're complaining about cheap tickets? Bloody snob.

No one gives a shit about BWFC anymore. It used to be part of my life, virtually nothing came before seeing the game. Now I don't really care one way or the other. Too many overpaid ponces.

If the club gave away free tickets I doubt they'd ever fill the ground. No one cares.

4crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 13:13

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:So you're complaining about cheap tickets? Bloody snob.

No one gives a shit about BWFC anymore. It used to be part of my life, virtually nothing came before seeing the game. Now I don't really care one way or the other. Too many overpaid ponces.

If the club gave away free tickets I doubt they'd ever fill the ground. No one cares.

Nat ,
Totally incorrect.
I care!!!

5crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 13:22

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:So you're complaining about cheap tickets? Bloody snob.

Nat ,
Totally incorrect.
I care!!!

So do I - TOO much!

however, I do feel nat makes a point. most of our fans couldn't give a shit...

6crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 13:41

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

AKA your glory supporter.

Go support a premier league team..

7crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 14:21

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was in the club shop the other day and when people were buying tickets for the Sunderland game (myself included), we were being told that only tickets in the centre of the open stands were currently being sold.

The Sunderland attendance is going to be embarrasingly poor!

8crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

AKA your glory supporter.

Go support a premier league team..

Glory supporter? I think you need to read a dictionary. Between 1989 and 1996 I didn't miss a single game home or away. We were nowhere near the PL at that time.

The higher we have risen the less interested I have become. Not sure how that makes me a glory supporter.

9crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:03

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Nat, we were in the PL in 1996!!!!!

You need to do your history homework before you post.

10crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Nat, we were in the PL in 1996!!!!!

You need to do your history homework before you post.

Agreed, but we weren't in 1989, 90, 91, 92, 93, & 94

11crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:10

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The higher we have risen the less interested I have become. Not sure how that makes me a glory supporter.

At the start of the season you said you didn't want to support Bolton anymore because we were in the Championship. Those kind of statements combined with 'No one gives a shit about BWFC anymore' when we are doing badly gives the impression of a glory supporter. I doubt you 'didn't give a shit' when we were in the top six, perhaps you didn't, but I doubt it.

I didn't know you between 1989 and 1996 so I can't comment on that. Were these your modelling years? Free invites to boxes?

12crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sun Dec 23 2012, 02:24

bryan robson

David Ngog
David Ngog

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Also, I can see the Sunderland game having less than 6000 in - 4000 of them will be Sunderland fans...

Maybe its the clubs pricing strategy that's flawed - surely selling 25,000 tickets for a quid will be financially viable? I mean, they would maybe buy a drink or some food on the concourse at half time, thus justifying the cheap ticket?

Maybe its the FA that sets prices, I dont actually know, if it is - they are a bunch of stupid gits.

or maybe its just our fans who couldn't really give a shit... other clubs get decent crowds for FACUP games...

You're right with your latter point - 15 pounds is the minimum clubs are allowed to set prices at for FA Cup Round 3.

13crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sun Dec 23 2012, 07:47

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Right...

im seriously considering not renewing my season ticket next year as the atmosphere has become so depressing its ruining my weekends - win or lose...

Me to...

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I attend a lot of away games, the atmosphere is a lot batter and know a lot of fans who dotn bother going to the Reebok anymore for the same reason im thinking of not doing.

Me to...

I also agree with your view on the supporters group.

14crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

At the start of the season you said you didn't want to support Bolton anymore because we were in the Championship.

I think you made that up.

15crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Sun Dec 23 2012, 17:17

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Could Bolton actually have an "Ultras" group without it being taken over by scruffy 14/15 year olds who think they're hard by ending every sentence with the word "bellend"?

16crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Fri Dec 28 2012, 09:10

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sheff Wed was the final nail in the coffin for me. I won't be renewing my season ticket next year after only missing one season in nine. I have been to 5 away games and enjoyed 4 of them hugely (Burnley being the exception). I would rather spend my time doing other things and go can then go to more away games.

17crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Fri Dec 28 2012, 09:46

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I sit in the WSL and against Sheffield Wednesday, there were a group of Bolton fans in a corporate box, they had obviously had a few too many shandies, they were singing old Bolton songs, such as the John Byrom one :clap: but the amount of glares that the people around us were giving them, Jesus! It's like we had Gary Glitter and Stuart Hall sat behind us.

The only real noise our fans tend to make, is when there is say, a misplaced pass or a balls up somewhere and that is usually met with booing.

Away games are great! I have been to quite a few so far this season, they are so much more enjoyable and the vast majority are the real passionate fans, that really try and get behind the team.

18crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Fri Dec 28 2012, 13:37

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For the first time in a very long time, I booed the team off at full time on Boxing day. After a defeat I normally just leave right on the whistle, but that was awful, I just HAD to boo the fuckers. That doesn't make me a bad fan, that makes me a passionate fan that has just reached the limit of what I can put up with.

We need real change and we need to let the club know we wont put up with the players not giving a shit.

19crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Fri Dec 28 2012, 15:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:That doesn't make me a bad fan, that makes me a passionate fan that has just reached the limit of what I can put up with.

Welcome to my world. PM me your apology.

20crap home support...  Empty Re: crap home support... Fri Dec 28 2012, 16:41

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apology! For what? I've never had a go at you for booing have I?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum