Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cut the Crap Coyle

+11
Hip Priest
Reebok Trotter
Lofty_Love
JonnyRandom
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Keegan
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 14:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Aaron mentioned in another thread that Coyle will give Sordell a chance to shine. Here's the BEN article in full:

Marvin Sordell will not become a £3million forgotten man, Owen Coyle has pledged.

Despite dropping his January signing from the squad for Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday, the Wanderers boss insists the England Under-21 international still has a big part to play this season.

Sordell started the first three games of the campaign and scored his first goal since his costly move from Watford against Nottingham Forest almost a month ago to the day.

But since being dropped to the bench against Crawley in the Capital One Cup, the 21-year-old has been starved of opportunities.

Coyle explained his decision to leave Sordell out altogether for the weekend trip to Hillsborough.

“I think that David Ngog and Kevin Davies have been doing well as a pair up front, so when it came to picking my bench, we knew that Jay Spearing’s fitness had been touch and go, so we felt that we needed to put that extra midfielder in there.

“Stephen Warnock can play there and he scored against us last year from that position, so I felt it was important we had that option.”

Sordell was recruited nearly eight months ago on transfer deadline day but has thus far just three first team starts under his belt.

Fans have been clamouring to see more of the striker, who also represented Team GB at this summer’s Olympics, although the youngster may have to be patient with Ngog, Davies and loanee Benik Afobe seemingly ahead of him in the queue.

“He missed out on this occasion but there’s no doubt his day will come,” Coyle said.

“There are only 11 first team shirts and since the Hull result I think we have improved, accepting we didn’t get the result we wanted at Birmingham.

“Tim Ream and Gregg Wylde were the other ones who missed out but that just tells me that we’ve got a healthy squad and some great competition. It’s up to the ones who are in now to make the most of it because I have got the scope to chop and change.”

I urge somebody to remind him that Ngog and Davies have started the last three matches, have a goal between them, along with countless missed sitters.
The lack of quality up there is alarming - does he think he does his deteriorating relationship with the fans any favours in denying as much?

I'm tired of reading about the "great young talents" he's brought to the club whose "day will definitely come"...because it won't!

If nothing else, should Coyle do us the honour of ceasing to talk shit?

2Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:23

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It would in fact help if he didn't talk shit. Unfortunately, he had to say something other than "Mofo thinks he's the shit because he went to the Olympics and is in the U21 team - he ain't getting on my pitch until I'm damned well good and ready!". Therefore he had to say some shit in this instance.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:39

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes that lethal goal scoring partnership of SKD and Ngog that did so much to help us stay in the Prem last season! 9 goals between them all season!

4Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I've just looked up the stats for last season. League goals and appearances as follows:

Klasnic 8(29)
KDavies 6(31)
MDavies 4(35)
Eagles 4(34)
Petrov 4(31)
Ngog 3(33)
NRC 3(37)
Cahill 2(19)
Wheater 2(24)

No wonder we got relegated under Coyle.

5Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I urge somebody to remind him that Ngog and Davies have started the last three matches, have a goal between them, along with countless missed sitters.
The lack of quality up there is alarming - does he think he does his deteriorating relationship with the fans any favours in denying as much?

I'm tired of reading about the "great young talents" he's brought to the club whose "day will definitely come"...because it won't!

If nothing else, should Coyle do us the honour of ceasing to talk shit?

Could not agree more. There's something more to this - why would a manager under pressure put so much faith in a player like Ngog who has scored 4 goals in 35+ games? I could understand it if he was creating chance after chance for others, but he doesn't.

Now Sordell has hardly looked like Pele, but at least the gangsta rapper has scored a goal this season! And this is why Coyle should go, he's letting personal feelings get in the way of putting BWFC first.

6Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:02

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:I've just looked up the stats for last season. League goals and appearances as follows:

Klasnic 8(29)
KDavies 6(31)
MDavies 4(35)
Eagles 4(34)
Petrov 4(31)
Ngog 3(33)
NRC 3(37)
Cahill 2(19)
Wheater 2(24)

No wonder we got relegated under Coyle.

The stat that upsets me most is the following:

Games (last season) which Kevin Davies started:

P 21
W 3
D 3
L 15
Points = 12
Points per game = 0.57
0.57 x 38 = 22 points

Games which Kevin Davies didn't start:

P 17
W 7
D 2
L 8
Points = 23
Points per game = 1.35
1.35 x 38 = 51 points

Who's the only striker to have started every game (and more than 3) this season?

7Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This anti Davies stuff has got to stop. Disrespectful and pathetic!

8Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:This anti Davies stuff has got to stop. Disrespectful and pathetic!

I see where doffcocker is coming from, but I have a bigger problem with Ngog.

9Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:This anti Davies stuff has got to stop. Disrespectful and pathetic!

I see where doffcocker is coming from, but I have a bigger problem with Ngog.

This Anti Ngog stuff has got to stop too.

10Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Shut up. People don't come on forums not to abuse players.

11Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Shut up. People don't come on forums not to abuse players.

At the very time the players need your support you're jumping ship.

fairweather fanny.

12Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

At the very time the players need your support you're jumping ship.

fairweather fanny.

Stop WUMing you plant, you haven't been to a game since you last had a girlfriend in 1998.

13Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Low blow.

14Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 17:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If players don't produce results then they should be dropped. If they've any nuts, they'll up their game to win their place back. How else can a manager create a competitive environment for places?

If you keep doing the same thing you'll keep getting the same results.

He surely has to at least try different combinations under game conditions? Especially as it's not working particularly well.

15Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 17:10

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I disagree with the Davies bashing and always have...

I do sometimes wonder why coyle sticks with the set-up up front that potentially gives the least goals though...

16Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 17:12

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I personally think ngog is a useful player. He holds up the ball pretty well and can play a good pass and seems to be aware what is going on around him. Davies hasnt been brilliant for a while but i rekon he could be a very good impact player. I would like to see sordell playing off ngog see how that goes. From what i have seen from afobe so far i cant see how hes been getting the nod over sordell. Hes been bobbins

17Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 17:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JonnyRandom wrote:I personally think ngog is a useful player. He holds up the ball pretty well and can play a good pass and seems to be aware what is going on around him. Davies hasnt been brilliant for a while but i rekon he could be a very good impact player. I would like to see sordell playing off ngog see how that goes. From what i have seen from afobe so far i cant see how hes been getting the nod over sordell. Hes been bobbins

Great post mate, totally agree.

18Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 19:28

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Davies has either scored or provided the assist for 5 of our 10 goals this season.

Not sure what people are expecting of him...

hes played well

19Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 19:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Davies has either scored or provided the assist for 5 of our 10 goals this season.

Not sure what people are expecting of him...

hes played well

Can't argue with that.

20Cut the Crap Coyle Empty Re: Cut the Crap Coyle Thu Sep 27 2012, 20:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JonnyRandom wrote:I personally think ngog is a useful player. He holds up the ball pretty well and can play a good pass and seems to be aware what is going on around him.

Some said the same about Elmander, but the fact is he was bought to score goals. 4 in 35 games is a shameful return.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum