Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strange as it may seem...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Strange as it may seem... Empty Strange as it may seem... Tue Jan 31 2012, 21:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but this is one of those nights when I always want to stay up until 11pm just to see if we have actually signed anyone of note.

If the transfer window turns out to be another damp squib then at least we can draw some comfort from the fact that both Wolves and Wigan are losing.

2Strange as it may seem... Empty Re: Strange as it may seem... Tue Jan 31 2012, 22:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well not a bad night afterall, the fella from watford and both Wigan and Wolves have lost.

February is looking like a good month already Very Happy

3Strange as it may seem... Empty Re: Strange as it may seem... Tue Jan 31 2012, 22:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copied and pasted from another board:

Subject: Nixton Tweets

"Bolton attacking target is a cracking situation now. Hope it goes through. Funny background to this one.

Can't name Bolton target. Reasons obvious later. Funny how things click when u least expect it.

Bolton now know price of target they want. How it has kicked off has made my day after a few hours of booting furniture.

Been a good hour for Bolton after all. Not naming the guy until it's done. But bid in and player wants to come. Yip-feckin-pee."

As far as I'm concerned, this player Nixon's on about isn't this lad we've got from Watford. There's no 'funny background'. The reasons for him not naming the player aren't 'obvious'. I can't see how 'how it kicked off' would have made his day.

So who is it?

4Strange as it may seem... Empty Re: Strange as it may seem... Tue Jan 31 2012, 22:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unless Coyle is filling Nixon full of shit ? It wouldn't be the first time!

5Strange as it may seem... Empty Re: Strange as it may seem... Tue Jan 31 2012, 22:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I see what you mean but I can't see who else it could be, we are spending 3/4 million on the guy at Watford so I can't see us signing someone else for a fee, unless it's a loan.

6Strange as it may seem... Empty Re: Strange as it may seem... Wed Feb 01 2012, 11:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It turned out to be Sordell however I wonder if there was someone else in the frame seeing as we put higher bids in elsewhere - so there presumably was a bit of cash available.

Most of the focus at the back end of the window was on getting another wide player which didn't materialise, but maybe that was put to bed when we got Ryo on loan.

Still there could have been other targets.

7Strange as it may seem... Empty Re: Strange as it may seem... Wed Feb 01 2012, 11:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:As far as I'm concerned, this player Nixon's on about isn't this lad we've got from Watford. There's no 'funny background'. The reasons for him not naming the player aren't 'obvious'. I can't see how 'how it kicked off' would have made his day.

So who is it?
The 'dirty tricks' story here! (Nixon)

Bolton boss Owen Coyle has made a £3.2million swoop for Watford striker Marvin Sordell – after a transfer feud with Cardiff counterpart Malky Mackay.

Coyle made an inquiry for Sordell during deadline day but backed off because of the price-tag and after making background checks on the young forward.

The Premier League club had contacted former Watford manager Mackay for an honest assessment of the England Under-21 international’s recent form before increasing their offer.

Mackay advised Bolton that the young forward was not yet ready for the step up, but Coyle then discovered that Cardiff had tabled a £3.2million offer for Sordell - and were whisking him to Wales for a medical.

Coyle immediately matched that bid, offering Sordell a ticket to the Premier League rather than a reunion with his old gaffer in Cardiff.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Bolton-swoop-for-Marvin-Sordell-Watford-striker-amid-interest-from-Cardiff-article859724.html

8Strange as it may seem... Empty Re: Strange as it may seem... Wed Feb 01 2012, 12:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't see Mackay being on OC's christmas card list after that stunt.

9Strange as it may seem... Empty Re: Strange as it may seem... Wed Feb 01 2012, 16:39

I went out last night and had a few shandies, came in to the news that we had signed a striker but in my inebriated state thought we had signed Mario Jardel.

10Strange as it may seem... Empty Re: Strange as it may seem... Thu Feb 02 2012, 22:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You look like you model yourself on Mario Jardel. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum