Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Five and a half years of misery supporting BWFC

+12
bwfc71
xmiles
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
NickFazer
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Keegan
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
Michael Bolton
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I should add the caveat that my annoyance is the insistance that everything is either lumped into amazing (messi) or shit (anything else)

I think Donnie Darko sums it up best.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote: We had no young players to build the team around.

Nolan was only 24. Newcastle were and the current West Ham are largely built around him.

Referring to Allardyce having a "short term" strategy is ridiculous. He was with us for 8 years and took us out of obscurity in (what is now) the Championship into Europe, the top six in the Prem and a serious contender for both the League and FA cups. How is that short term? You cannnot maintain that level of success without money and for what ever reason that money was not forthcoming. I don't blame Allardyce for trying for the England job (he could hardly have been worse than McClaren) or walking away when he did.

I will tell you why big sam's strategy was always short term, it was because big Sam signed players with no resale value, other than Anelka. We signed some good players on big wages but how much money did we get when the likes of Djorkaeff, N'gotty, campo, speed, hierro, stelios, okocha, etc left?
We were left having to replace quality players with bargain bucket players who were cheap - Gavin McCann, andy o'brien, CID, braaten, helguson, sweet boy Samuel, etc. the sales of Nolan, diouf and anelka basically was used to fund a new team under mugson.
Under BSA the average age of the team was always very high and we were always going to come unstuck. Look at united, their success is due to always bringing in youngsters and youth players through, and it means the future is always looking healthy. Do you see what I mean? Every club should use united as an example of how to run a club.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Michael Bolton wrote:
Every club should use united as an example of how to run a club.

Easier said than done. They have an exceptional manager, loads of money and an unrivalled track record of success. Try identifying half a dozen managers who have done as well as Allardyce, let alone better, with the kind of money he had.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:
Every club should use united as an example of how to run a club.

Easier said than done. They have an exceptional manager, loads of money and an unrivalled track record of success. Try identifying half a dozen managers who have done as well as Allardyce, let alone better, with the kind of money he had.

Yeah I don't think a club which has the resources to buy a goalkeeper for £18 million can really be used as an example, its not hard to get young players when you can afford almost anyone.

Id say more like an Everton - To be fair to the club this was our aim with the hiring of Coyle, but if it was so easy to do then everyone would have an incredible youth set up and young team.. and the England team would be good

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My long standing theory is that big eddie passed away years ago ....and phil talks on the phone to somebody in a secret villa on the Isle of Man. Same as a Howard Hughes situation. Nobody has laid eyes on eddie for years and who in their right mind would let phil spend their personal money.

Maybe we can get the crack team of reporters from the BEN to investigate? clown

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum