Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig Dawson for £3 million - NIXON

+11
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lt. Boon wrote:We need a defender with Championship experience and who is proven to be good at this level. Not if/but/maybe players who can't get into a Prem team and have only played for Rochdale in Leagues' One & Two. £3million? Naff off Baggies!

I'm out! Next.....

Mills was 'proven' at this level, Mears was 'proven' at this level, Knight is an ex England player with years of experience in the premier league, he should be beyond proven for this level. But as we know being proven doesn't make them good players, or the right players.

We just need good players, if they are good enough they won't need to be proven. Our best player (although injured) Holden came from the MLS (after having failed at Sunderland), now thats a shite league.

West Brom are doing great this year, it doesn't worry me that hes not starting for them, I don't think a single one of our players would be starting for them. Perhaps two or three would be getting on the bench.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Having played in League 1 and League 2 he won't be put off by the physical nature of this division, which is what we need, Knight and Ream don't fancy it. 3 Million is too much money though 1 would be a reasonable gamble.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Loan with a future fee, everyone wins.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lofty_Love wrote:Loan with a future fee, everyone wins.
I think that looks more likely.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We pissed away 3 million on Mills didn't we? I'd take the loan deal at first to see how it works out and re-assess the situation in the summer.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:We pissed away 3 million on Mills didn't we? I'd take the loan deal at first to see how it works out and re-assess the situation in the summer.

True...

But that option also comes with risk.

Look at sturridge - we COULD have perhaps signed him for 5 or 6 mil...but we loaned him, he was mint...and his value shot up!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Come on RR we both know the deal would never have come off if we offered a permenant deal for sturridge, we filled a 6 month gap for the lad and gave him game time instead of sitting on the bench at chelsea.

Even if we had put 6-7 million on the table for him we would never have got him.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We also could have had Wilshere if we'd just stumped up the cash.

bloody cheap skates.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:We pissed away 3 million on Mills didn't we? I'd take the loan deal at first to see how it works out and re-assess the situation in the summer.

True...

Look at sturridge - we COULD have perhaps signed him for 5 or 6 mil...but we loaned him, he was mint...and his value shot up!
Another opportunity that went by us... not to mention Zaha for a pittance last season.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Do you really think we could have afforded Sturridges wage demands on top of his transfer fee?

Have you seen the wage demands this guy wants at liverpool?

observer wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

True...

Another opportunity that went by us... not to mention Zaha for a pittance last season.

At the time Chelsea said they wanted £10 million, and Sturridge himself said he wanted to go back there. We could never have signed him.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not to mention Sturridge wasn't for sale and he didn't want to leave chelsea.

minor stumbling blocks.

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We also could have had Wilshere if we'd just stumped up the cash.

bloody cheap skates.
Do you really think so. The idea of Wilshere and Sturridge joining us was a hopeless dream. There was no way genuinely talented young players would have essentially given up their careers by joining a failing outfit like ours.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:We also could have had Wilshere if we'd just stumped up the cash.

bloody cheap skates.
Do you really think so. The idea of Wilshere and Sturridge joining us was a hopeless dream. There was no way genuinely talented young players would have essentially given up their careers by joining a failing outfit like ours.

yeah... i was being sarcastic, you're right of course.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Seems Dawson fits he bill for Dougie:-

“Craig Dawson is a player I admire.

“I have seen him a lot when he has played for England Under-21s.

“We just need to make sure the right type of player comes in here.

“We need someone who wants to come and play for Bolton, not that we are doing them a favour.''

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum