Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton

+11
Sgt. Bash
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As first broke by Boggers on the transfer thread -

Sky Sports understands that Bolton Wanderers have won the race to sign England Under-21 defender Craig Dawson.

The 22-year-old stopper has not featured much at West Brom since Steve Clarke took charge, but the Baggies boss is a fan of the player and has ruled out a permanent departure.

West Brom opted for a loan deal, which subsequently attracted interest from nearly a dozen Championship clubs.

But Sky Sports understands that Dawson is set to finalise a switch to the Reebok Stadium before this weekend's FA Cup clash with Everton - but he would not be eligible as he is already cup-tied.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Jan 24 2013, 17:52; edited 2 times in total

2OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Good news, though this news will see the end of Ricketts if I have been informed correctly.

3OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:06

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its another Loan.

Great...

If by some miracle we do get promoted via the play offs, just how much are we going to have to spend just to not get dicked every weekend...

4OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:09

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy - check the thread title mate Surprised

5OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Sluffy - check the thread title mate Surprised

Whoops, thanks.

I guess I'm so used to us signing anyone called Davies!

Embarassed

6OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Its another Loan.

Great...

If by some miracle we do get promoted via the play offs, just how much are we going to have to spend just to not get dicked every weekend...

Yes it's another loan but I wouldn't worry about us getting to the play offs let alone getting promoted. I'm more concerned that Ricketts may go. With Alonso also looking likely to go Dougie still has a lot of work to do to sort out our defence - especially as we are still stuck with Mears and Knight.

7OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:22

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its an embarrassing situation, after Watford we must be the club with the most loans in the football league.

Loans for me, only fix a problem short term.

you get loans because you cant be arsed spending money, but then when they have buggered off back to the parent club or signed for a club that's willing to pay - we still have to replace them and spend even more money.

8OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You get loans because you can't afford to buy a player of that quality usually.

it's nothing to do with "being arsed"

why do people get mortgages? because they can't be arsed to pay the full 150k for their flat?

9OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The best way to go about getting out of this league is signing players on loan from prem teams, it's how west ham did it, it works.

Then once you go up you spend the cash to stay there, we won't be able to attract quality players permanently whilst we are a championship club, we have to look at the bigger picture.

10OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:41

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Its another Loan.

Great...

You're turning into Natasha the way you moan about anything and everything.

Good signing, we need a center back if we can't get him permanently we'll find a decent player in summer.

11OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:43

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:The best way to go about getting out of this league is signing players on loan from prem teams, it's how west ham did it, it works.

Then once you go up you spend the cash to stay there, we won't be able to attract quality players permanently whilst we are a championship club, we have to look at the bigger picture.

I do agree, and would be happy with it if I saw your second point happening.
However, can you see us spending anything should we go up? We wont, we will get the spheel from garty and freedman saying our squad is more than good enough (minus the usual 'teaser' player) to stay up.

we will then finish bottom exceeding Derby county's feeble premiership campaign.

12OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:44

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:

You're turning into Natasha the way you moan about anything and everything.

How dare you, Im not!

Im seething.

I trust the mods will step in...

13OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm waiting for the official "....he's not match fit so won't feature until we're satisfied he can do a place in the side justice"

14OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:47

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm waiting for the official "....he's not match fit so won't feature until we're satisfied he can do a place in the side justice"

We only do that with our own players, he will play every game from now till the end of his loan.

15OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's good to see that we are bringing in players that we do need for once and also not leaving it till the last hour of the transfer window as per usual!

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:49; edited 1 time in total

16OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm waiting for the official "....he's not match fit so won't feature until we're satisfied he can do a place in the side justice"

We only do that with our own players, he will play every game from now till the end of his loan.

If Dawson goes straight into the team to play Watford I will remove myself form this site for 1 month.

17OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 16:20

Fair play to Bolton, they're buying up all the donkeys so there's not as much crap on the market.

Craig Dawson - LOL. Ask a WBA fan what they think of him.

18OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 16:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

If Dawson goes straight into the team to play Watford I will remove myself form this site for 1 month.
Dougie, if you read this site, for all our sakes play the fucker against Watford.

19OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 16:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Dougie, if you read this site, for all our sakes play the fucker against Watford.

I know you don't mean that Martin.

20OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Craig Dawson to Bolton Wed Jan 23 2013, 16:36

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

he does mean it.

you ruin threads with your incessant annoying bullshit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum