Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig Dawson: Anyone Else Had Such An Impact?

+10
xmiles
gloswhite
Sgt. Bash
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's little doubt our push for the play-offs is down to the loan signing of Craig Dawson. Virtually from his first kick we improved and stop letting in two goals a game as we had done under Coyle.

Personally I'd do whatever it takes to get him to sign permanently. I don't normally advocate paying big wages but I'd rather ditch a couple of big names on inflated wages to get Dawson permanently.

Looking back, can you think of any other player (loan or signing) who has had such a major impact in such a short time?

I can only think of Andy Walker who scored on his debut coming on as sub and never stopped scoring.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I always thought Florent Laville came into the team on a loan and did brilliant. And Daniel Sturridge was different class for us.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

West Brom will know what he's worth to us, but will our Board? If we by some miracle we go up it would be good to get him, especially as he's a local lad who has some idea of what it means to play for this club.
However, I have a sneaking feeling that Medo will turn out to be the find of the season.

When John Newsome and Paul Warhurst came in on loan about the same time they had the same effect on the defence that Dawson has had.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd definitely do what ever it takes to sign him.

How much do you think we would have to pay though ?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3 mill he's ours.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Danny Sturridge pretty much made an impact as soon as he came on against Wolves when we got him on loan.

As for Dawson, the guy is pure class and if I was DF I would do anything I could to bring him back here, sadly I think WBA will make full use of him next season.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:3 mill he's ours.

I could see us having to pay a bit more than that, I reckon West Brom would want around the same we paid for Cahill from Villa due to how he has been for us.

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Apr 07 2013, 13:00; edited 1 time in total

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Craig Dawson will be a WBA regular next season. Thankfully, we have all summer to find a more permanent CB for next season. Going by his signings so far, I trust Dougie completely to get this right.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In todays money I would see £5m a bargain to bring stability to our defence.

We've already shown Kevin Davies the door, let's do the same to Ngog and Keith Andrews to pay for Dawson.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Keith Andrews. Now there's a player I'd completely forgotten about

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:In todays money I would see £5m a bargain to bring stability to our defence.

We've already shown Kevin Davies the door, let's do the same to Ngog and Keith Andrews to pay for Dawson.

If we could recoup a bit of cash back from Ngog then I would be happy for him to go.

With Kevin Davies going at the end of the season and if Ngog went then we would need another striker.

I can't see Dougie keeping Kieth Andrews at the end of the season and I would like to see Jay Spearing stay, I can't see him fitting into the Liverpool squad to be honest.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Michael Bolton wrote:I always thought Florent Laville came into the team on a loan and did brilliant. And Daniel Sturridge was different class for us.

Absolutely right.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dwight gayle as a potential replacement for SKD/N'Gog.

Anyone?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In another post I mentioned club Ambition ....this is an example. Unless Dawson doesn't want to sign or is promised first team footy with WBA he should be bought.....no discussion. Spearing also should be brought aboard.
As for the question......Jack the lad was quality with his first kick .....Sturridge, Anelka.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And what if West Brom aren't selling.

Kidnapp him?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:And what if West Brom aren't selling.

Kidnapp him?

Your act is tiresome, please try something else.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:And what if West Brom aren't selling.

Kidnapp him?

Your act is tiresome, please try something else.

Genuinely, you'll have to explain that.

I'm preaching common sense.

A lot of things have to fall into place to "just buy" someone. As anyone with half a brain will be aware.

It's really not an act, more just the truth.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Genuinely, you'll have to explain that.

I'm preaching common sense.

A lot of things have to fall into place to "just buy" someone. As anyone with half a brain will be aware.

It's really not an act, more just the truth.

It goes without saying that if WBA don't want to sell then it's dead in the water - only a knobber would state the bloody obvious.

But this is a forum where you can discuss things regardless of whether they can/might happen.

I'm quite close to pulling a hissy fit.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He always gives 110%, a shot hit him square on the bonce yesterday and he just got up and played on, I would love him to be our new captain next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum