Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Norwich 2-0 Bolton.

+11
BWFCinPhila
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
jayjay23
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 15:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Both Norwich cb's off injured - that's why he's going on about it.

22Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 16:40

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Mears has been awful on the back line.

and appropriately makes a great save moments after my post.

23Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 16:57

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It was offside anyway.
Yeah but he did go on about Davies an awful lot. Even when we were 2-0 down with a minute to go he said "if only Bolton had brought Davies on sooner they might be the ones taking all three points" - oh yeah, did Davies really have that big an impact? No.

Would have made more sense to get sodall on there.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

24Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 16:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

A competent performance, but nothing more. Were afraid (Ngog and Eagles), to go into a hard tackle, and no defender is going to let you waltz into a scoring position without a good hefty tackle. having said that, I thought Eagles was taken off too soon, especially as they were playing with a makeshift central defence, after their two centre backs went of with hamstring trouble. We have too many players who are content to move and pass, but almost no-one who will get stuck in, other than Muamba, and he was taken off.

25Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not going to be predictable and have a go at Coyle for bringing Davies on!
Oh...actually...no...sorry...I am! He really doesn't get it does he.
I plan to murder the next person I hear saying "Davies causes problems!" Too right he causes problems. He causes us big problems!

Not impressed. Coyle, you proved again today you're simply out of your depth! Normal service has resumed ladies and gentleman.

26Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

This season is costing me a fortune in discarded 'lucky' mascots

27Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, what I was worried about on another thread - Coyle lacks a footballing brain.

Norwich (who was in the 3rd Division this time TWO years ago) have just done the double over us - the six points will be massive for them (and probably us too) at the end of the season.

Coyle out!

28Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

29Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Seems odd that he's deliberately weakened the midfield for the sake of mis-firing forwards. Possibly the right gamble, but maybe just a bit too soon. Can't remember when we last had 3 strikers on. Wou7ld have been nice if even one of them had the confidence to actually shoot at the goal.

30Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Yes, what I was worried about on another thread - Coyle lacks a footballing brain.

Norwich (who was in the 3rd Division this time TWO years ago) have just done the double over us - the six points will be massive for them (and probably us too) at the end of the season.

Coyle out!

doesn't really matter about their position two years ago.

they are simply a better team than us. They've mastered how to pass and move, we haven't.

our players are simply not good enough if they manage to scrape away and survive this season it'll be some achievement.

Even Wigan are a better footballing team than we are IMO. And we would be outplayed by 80%+ of championship and league one teams.

31Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Point I was reting to make was that Norwich SHOULD be one of the teams at the bottom of the table at the end of the season because they haven't had the resources financially to build a Premier team - and we SHOULD be above them because we have a team full of players who have played at Premier level for a number of years.

In a very simplistic way if we can win the games against the Norwich'es, Swansea's, QPR's Wigan's, Wolves and Blackburns's - we should always stay up.

Show's how poor we are being done home and away by Norwich this season.

32Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes, should, should, should.

means nothing.

At the end of the day from 1 to 11 they are a better, more talented side than we are.

that goes, IMO, for every team in the premier league.

33Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:31

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Not the end of the world just yet. Let's not get carried away like we always do.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

34Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 17:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I expected a defeat today tbh, so I'm definitely not too bothered.

35Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 18:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You've got to wonder if Coyle's just glutton for punishment. He must have known that if the change didn't work he would look stupid and be called not fit to burn for it, as a) it's generally agreed that the reversion from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 has been key to our improved form and we're on the right track because of it, so going back to 4-4-2 and at that point in the game would seem like a step in the wrong direction and b) it's also generally agreed that his taking off Muamba cost us a point against Newcastle.

36Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 19:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy - I don't go for this theory. Lambert has bought good players who can play at this level and who can't be underestimated. Some of our experienced players are not at their best. However, today's game was lost on tactics and had little to do with the experience or ability of the players who were well matched all over the park. (apart from Eagles who had a stinker IMO)

37Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 20:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What we really need is a good old-fashioned midfield general, someone who will get a grip of the players, and direct the play. Although NRC is taking control, I don't think he's up to that job.

38Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 21:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to Sky Sports we had a goal that crossed the line but wasn't given and a good shout for a penalty but apart from that Norwich were the better team.

The Wigan game next week is MASSIVE.

39Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 21:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Trotter, I think the next game is the make or break of both theirs and ours season. If we get the points, then I feel that Wigan are almost certainly down, whereas it keeps us in the fight. The problem is that we have the ability, but not the right mind-set, they have the mind-set, but not the ability. It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top. lets hope it not a draw.

40Norwich 2-0 Bolton. - Page 2 Empty Re: Norwich 2-0 Bolton. Sat Feb 04 2012, 21:53

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tactical ineptitude by Coyle cost us a point yet again. Whenever will he learn? It's not always neccessary to try and gamble on three points away from home, even if we are only playing Norwich. At times, I really think Coyle is trying to play fantasy football manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum