Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Premier League player poses naked on front of GAY magazine!

+3
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

That has got to be a first hasn't it?

Premier League player poses naked on front of GAY magazine! 05-westham

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why were you reading a gay magazine Biggie?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I was merely browsing.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Who is it? He looks hot

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WhiteBic wrote:Who is it? He looks hot

Very Happy

I saw this the other day which makes you think -

Bill Edgar, football statistician at The Times

We are just reaching the 20th anniversary of the last time an openly gay football player played in England's the top four divisions - Justin Fashanu at Torquay United.

I wanted to work out what the chances were that no league footballer in that time has been gay, whether openly so or not, assuming that there was no reason for the proportion of gay footballers to differ from the proportion of gay people in society as a whole.

Many surveys have tried to decide what proportion of British men are gay. Answers have ranged wildly from 1.5% to 6% so I took the lowest figure of 1.5%.

In those 20 years, 13,600 players have appeared in the league. The chance of picking 13,600 men randomly from the whole population and none of those being gay is one chance in five times 10 to the power of 90. That's one in five with 90 noughts. To make a slightly more understandable number, I then looked at Premier League players of which there have been 3,200 in the past 20 years.

The chances of there being no gay footballer among those is 1 in 10 to the power of 21, which is one and 21 noughts.

Premier League player poses naked on front of GAY magazine! _64883782_1and21noughts

To illustrate how unlikely that is - if the entire earth's surface was covered with drawing pins edge to edge, the chance of you picking up one specific drawing pin at random would be 200 times higher than the chance there being no gay player in the Premier League over the past 20 years.

No doubt there have been many gay players in the Premier League, but perhaps not as many as proportionally as in the country as overall - we don't really know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20801504

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:Who is it? He looks hot

People think you are joking. I know you're not.

I think you might be the first openly gay poster. Hipster hasn't confirmed either way yet.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I don't know who that is, either.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An accurate statistic that is often bandied about is that 4% of the male population are gay. If that is correct then possibly 4% of male footballers might also be gay.

There was a rumour going round a few years ago that one of United's players was gay. That player has since been sold to another premier league club and he got married in 2010 and now has a young son.

I sometimes wonder if sporting icons who are gay but don't want people to know, simply get married to conform to society rather than accept themselves for what they are.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whatever the actual percentage is, I don't think it can be evenly applied across all walks of society.

Is it for instance fair to assume that about the same proportion of a boys dance class will grow into homosexuals as that of a lads football practice? Some would call this a prejudiced view but there are undeniable links between a person's general interests and tastes and their sexual interests.

Coming back to the percentage, we're still a long way as a society from getting a fair idea of the level of non-heterosexuality across the population. We've partly got to grips with acceptance, but this is only half the stumbling block. There will be millions out there with gay thoughts, who deny to themselves their existence, despite knowing their family and friends would be understanding. Why? Self-image. It is generally perceived as uncool to be gay. People think gay, people rightly or wrongly think irritating, OTT man in make-up etc. Moreover, society has had people believe for centuries that the thoughts themselves are "disgusting and natural". So you can always be sure the official numbers are only a fraction of what is actuality.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

doffcocker wrote:Whatever the actual percentage is, I don't think it can be evenly applied across all walks of society.

Is it for instance fair to assume that about the same proportion of a boys dance class will grow into homosexuals as that of a lads football practice? Some would call this a prejudiced view but there are undeniable links between a person's general interests and tastes and their sexual interests.

Coming back to the percentage, we're still a long way as a society from getting a fair idea of the level of non-heterosexuality across the population. We've partly got to grips with acceptance, but this is only half the stumbling block. There will be millions out there with gay thoughts, who deny to themselves their existence, despite knowing their family and friends would be understanding. Why? Self-image. It is generally perceived as uncool to be gay. People think gay, people rightly or wrongly think irritating, OTT man in make-up etc. Moreover, society has had people believe for centuries that the thoughts themselves are "disgusting and natural". So you can always be sure the official numbers are only a fraction of what is actuality.

Correct. You cannot simply assume that the general population percentage of gays is the same as is in football. If so, are we also to assume that only 4% of male nail technicians are gay, or 4% of male hairdressers, or 4% of male actors? If the genpop is 4% then the footballer % has to be less than 1%. Surely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum