Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Life Is Passing Us By

+4
Reebok Trotter
summercummings
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Life Is Passing Us By Empty Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Life is passing us by. It doesn't matter if you are 18 or 80, every day that passes is another day where you did nothing to make your mark on society.

How many of us have actually done something worthwhile in our lifetime? I don't mean being the best salesman at work or winning a trophy for darts or fisting, I mean something genuinely worthwhile that helps another human being. Something that people will talk about long after you are in the ground. Something future generations of your family will be proud of.

My great grandad won a medal for bravery in the first world war, he saved two injured soldiers under fire and the story is well documented. Even though I never met him I am extremely proud of him. His legacy to the Whittam family is extreme bravery.

But what have I done? Nothing is the answer. Ok, people will remember me as having a great knowledge of football, for being a hot chick, and for building a major plc in Whittam International. They may even remember my 1994 volley at Deepdale, but I won't be remembered for having done anything beyond the call of duty or exceptional.

Do you feel the same way? Are we wasting our lives worrying about Bolton's back four or the price of vaseline? Weren't we put on this Earth for more than working five days a week to pay the mortgage?

2Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 12:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:Life is passing us by. It doesn't matter if you are 18 or 80, every day that passes is another day where you did nothing to make your mark on society.

How many of us have actually done something worthwhile in our lifetime? I don't mean being the best salesman at work or winning a trophy for darts or fisting, I mean something genuinely worthwhile that helps another human being. Something that people will talk about long after you are in the ground. Something future generations of your family will be proud of.

My great grandad won a medal for bravery in the first world war, he saved two injured soldiers under fire and the story is well documented. Even though I never met him I am extremely proud of him. His legacy to the Whittam family is extreme bravery.

But what have I done? Nothing is the answer. Ok, people will remember me as having a great knowledge of football, for being a hot chick, and for building a major plc in Whittam International. They may even remember my 1994 volley at Deepdale, but I won't be remembered for having done anything beyond the call of duty or exceptional.

Do you feel the same way? Are we wasting our lives worrying about Bolton's back four or the price of vaseline? Weren't we put on this Earth for more than working five days a week to pay the mortgage?
Fisting?????

3Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 12:37

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I often have days where I think about my life and what I've achieved. I have an ok job, great family, a decent life in general - but on my deathbed when I look back at my life what will I really have achieved? Nothing as things stand. Will I be remembered? Not by anyone outside of my family and close friends.

4Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:07

I have dedicated my life to giving pleasure to the ladies of Lancashire. My length will be remembered long after I'm gone. They may even erect a statue of it in Brierfield.

5Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Fisting?????

I think she meant fishing!

6Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did indeed mean fishing you perverts. Is fisting even a thing?

7Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep you're right Nat.

It's a shame isn't it.

8Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yep you're right Nat.

It's a shame isn't it.

I think it is. Do you not want to be remembered when you're gone?

9Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do, but I've come to terms with the fact i won't be.

10Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I do, but I've come to terms with the fact i won't be.

But you're young enough to change your life and make people remember you. Close your Nuts account, stop looking at nipples on the internet, and go out and make something of yourself!

11Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

This is your time, what does it matter long after all who lived with you are gone. just be thankful you have people who love you now.

12Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I do, but I've come to terms with the fact i won't be.

But you're young enough to change your life and make people remember you. Close your Nuts account, stop looking at nipples on the internet, and go out and make something of yourself!

Have you taken a life coaching course at OU or something? lol.

and you can't close your account on here, i've tried many times in a fit of peak after you've called me a bellend.

::seething::

13Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 14:31

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm actually a masked superhero at night, saving the little old ladies of Greater Manchester from all the muggers, murderers and rapists they encounter during their 3am strolls. I think thats pretty worthwhile!

14Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 14:42

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

summercummings wrote:I often have days where I think about my life and what I've achieved. I have an ok job, great family, a decent life in general - but on my deathbed when I look back at my life what will I really have achieved? Nothing as things stand. Will I be remembered? Not by anyone outside of my family and close friends.

That just about sums it up for most people ! One thing is for sure, the years just fly by so it's important to make the best of the life you have.

15Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 14:44

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Angry Dad wrote:This is your time, what does it matter long after all who lived with you are gone. just be thankful you have people who love you now.

I'll drink to that AD ! Very Happy

16Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 14:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spirit of 58 wrote:

That just about sums it up for most people ! One thing is for sure, the years just fly by so it's important to make the best of the life you have.

Indeed, but anyone can go out today and put their mark on life, it really is upto you.

Let a homeless bum sleep in your spare room so he can get back on his feet. Take a hooker off the street by getting her a job at your company. Lock a drug addict in your cellar and don't let him out for 12 months until he's clean.

We can all do something inspirational.

17Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 14:46

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Lock a drug addict in your cellar and don't let him out for 12 months until he's clean.

I think that one is probably against the law.

18Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 14:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

I think that one is probably against the law.

Jesus will defend me in court.

19Life Is Passing Us By Empty Re: Life Is Passing Us By Mon Jan 07 2013, 22:25

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:I have dedicated my life to giving pleasure to the ladies of Lancashire. My length will be remembered long after I'm gone. They may even erect a statue of it in Brierfield.

I hardy think Cynthia Plaster Caster will be arsed about your length given the knobs she's seen and messed with!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum