Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doesn't look as though we are going to be buying Craig Dawson

+3
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Apparently according to Daily mail Wigan are after him. So I suppose he will go there.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Do we have a bad set of defenders or a set of defenders in need of a new leash of life?

Mills and Mears have both previously been highly regarded at this level. They can't have been near this shit before. Somewhere down the line, they've got into some bad habits that a good set of coaches would get them out of.
Ream showed last season that he is a potentially decent PL defender, we're forever seeing bits of potential in Alonso, Knight is solid on his day and Ricketts has the ingredients to be decent right across the back line.

Should we be spending millions on a defender?

Is nobody disappointed at the lack of at least honeymoon period improvement in these players?

We shouldn't be spending millions if we don't need to, but I'm afraid that for whatever reason, Knight, Ream and Mills simply haven't looked secure at the back and that has impacted on the rest of the team and our results. Something needs to be done because conceding unnecessary goals and the inability to defend a lead has and will continue to undermine all our efforts.

I've seen composed and confident defenders in the Spanish and Italian lower tiers and there must be similar players in other countries where bargains can be had if we look carefully enough.

I simply can't believe that successive defensive coaches that have worked will Knight Mills and Ream are unable to come up with a solution that gives us a stable defence to build upon, and that implies it's the players who are not up to the job.

The alternative is play 3 CBs but despite our position and results, that system just isn't being considered for some reason so if we're going to stick with a flat back four then we need players who can cope and inspire confidence in the midfield. We should at least be scouring the planet for affordable solutions.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum