Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is It Wrong To Bully Old People?

+8
wanderlust
Bernard Dennis Park
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? Fri Jan 25 2013, 13:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...and this for those of us thinking about retirement...

Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.
Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire.
Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new British car.
Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university -
Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy £100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week .....
And there's your money back in duty/tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

22Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? Fri Jan 25 2013, 13:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It sounds like Utopia to me!

23Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? Fri Jan 25 2013, 14:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:It sounds like Utopia to me!

I can personally vouch for #5 and am ready to sign up for the others at the drop of a hat. Slight problem inasmuch that the only British car I can think of is a Lotus and they're a little cramped.

24Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? Sat Jan 26 2013, 01:37

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It's ok to bully old people if they were your old school teachers or boss or retired cops or old shits who kill wood lice when they are just going about minding their own business.

25Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? Sat Jan 26 2013, 07:56

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bullying wrong

Unless I'm the one doing the bullying

26Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? Sat Jan 26 2013, 13:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Unfortunately even Lotus is not British - its owned by Proton, a Malaysian car manufacturer...

But I see problems with that 5 points plan.

1. Mentioned above - there are NO British cars!
2. Crime rate won't be affected if kids are sent to school/college/uni
3. From teh age of 50 one must live on 1 million pounds for the rest of their lives which could be up to another 50 years!!!! With the price of all goods and services that 1 million won't last long.
4. Forcing to retire at 50 may open up employment gains but there would be a lack of a workforce and what about the truly skilled labour - it would basically disappear over night...
5. How many people buy houses and how many rent? What is the average mortgage nowadays? and it comes from the million given for retirement - more drain of a limited lifetime income!

Given the news that it now costs on average £200,000 just to bring up 1 child between birth and age of 21 - one can see that a million nowadays is just not enough!

27Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? Sat Jan 26 2013, 14:29

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wanderlust - pay 10m people £1m? That is £10,000,000,000,000. Where the heck does that sort of money come from? You do realise there is no money spare in the public coffers don't you?

28Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is It Wrong To Bully Old People? Sat Jan 26 2013, 17:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

MB, Wander is doing what the politicians are doing, spending money they don't have. its a national pastime. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum