Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him?

+14
rammywhite
Sgt. Bash
Michael Bolton
Spirit of 58
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Mon Feb 04 2013, 19:38

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No

22Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Mon Feb 04 2013, 20:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No

23Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Mon Feb 04 2013, 21:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, he was an awesome player but has the wrong people around him. He choses who to be around though. Alcohol is an addictive drug, which he has been battling with all his adult life no doubt. I pity him and feel sorry for him.

24Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Mon Feb 04 2013, 21:28

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Yes, he was an awesome player but has the wrong people around him. He choses who to be around though. Alcohol is an addictive drug, which he has been battling with all his adult life no doubt. I pity him and feel sorry for him.

So do I.

25Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Tue Feb 05 2013, 06:30

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gazza had a fantastic life when he was a footballer, rich, did what he loved, always around mates, loved by fans, great social life, etc. I think he just has nothing and no one in his life now, just a huge void and it's killing him and the drink is his relief.
I don't think it helps when he is always reliving the past great days all the time and how great life was back then.
I think he is beyond help, he looks a very ill frail distressed man. It's sad because he could have had a dream life from his earnings as a footballer.

26Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Tue Feb 05 2013, 12:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I remember when he got the managers job at Kettering, I actually thought he could get his life back on track and make a success at it but taking the players out on the piss the night before a game didn't go down well with the chairman.

27Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Tue Feb 05 2013, 14:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks like his celeb mates have rallied round. He is off to detox in the USA. Chris Evans, Piers Morgan and Gary Lineker have clubbed together to pay for his treatment. Let's hope it's money well spent.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Sun Feb 10 2013, 10:23; edited 1 time in total

28Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Tue Feb 05 2013, 14:50

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Gazza, like any other alcoholic, will only change when he's ready to change. That may be now, or it may never happen. I wish him well, but I do not feel sorry for him. If he's gotten off the booze before, he's made the choice to go back on it, knowing exactly what the consequences would be.

29Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Tue Feb 05 2013, 15:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:It looks like his celeb mates have rallied round. He is to to detox in the USA. Chris Evans, Piers Morgan and Gary Lineker have clubbed together to pay for his treatment. Let's hope it's money well spent.
Now thats a publicity stunt if I ever did see one.

30Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 01:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gazza Is apparently close to death! His organs had started shutting down on his arrival at the clinic in USA. He's currently in intensive care...

31Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 09:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes-I feel sorry for him. As player he was outstanding but had the brains of a rocking horse. He still has a 'management' team looking after him and they're probably making good money out of him- so they should do a bit more to earn it. I've had alcoholics in my family and they're a nightmare to live with - and they're a bigger nightmare to themselves. I hope he comes out of it healthier and wiser- but I doubt it. I suspect that quite sooon we'll get a maudlin thread on here about Gazza RIP

32Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 10:57

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Gazza's story will have an unhappy end sadly, even if he pulls through this time. The real issue is that he's never grown up and because he was talented and wealthy he was indulged and never really faced any consequences for his actions.

33Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 10:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I noticed that as soon as he landed in America he headed straight for the bar at the airport!

34Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 12:28

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Gazza Is apparently close to death! His organs had started shutting down on his arrival at the clinic in USA. He's currently in intensive care...

Former Tottenham captain Gary Mabbutt has confirmed that Paul Gascoigne has been transfered to intensive care at a hospital in Arizona but that his condition is not life-threatening.

"The first part of the treatment was the detox and unfortunately Paul had a very bad reaction to the detox which meant that as a precaution he was moved from the clinic to a hospital where he was put in intensive care so that they could monitor him.''

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8489367/Gary-Mabbutt-confirms-Paul-Gascoigne-in-intensive-care-in-Arizona-but-on-road-to-recovery

35Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:27

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:I noticed that as soon as he landed in America he headed straight for the bar at the airport!

If that's true, he's a Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 3163445505

36Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's true I am afraid. The Sun sent a reporter across and they filmed him supping a pint of lager at the Airport bar. It was front page news in the Sun last week.

37Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:35

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't buy the Sun as it's usually full of BS. However, I believe them this time. People who care about him send him to rehab and he repays them by going straight for a Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 3312119548!? Total Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 3163445505.

38Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:I don't buy the Sun as it's usually full of BS. However, I believe them this time. People who care about him send him to rehab and he repays them by going straight for a Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 3312119548!? Total Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 3163445505.

My thoughts exactly. Where were his chaperones?

39Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 14:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but alcohol isn't damaging like drugs which kill you instantly.

:yeahright:

40Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazza - Do you feel sorry for him? Sun Feb 10 2013, 17:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gazza - what an arsehole. No sympathy. Alcoholism isn't a disease, anyone with willpower and half a brain can walk away from it.

I was once addicted to mini mars bars but I went cold turkey all by myself without the need of therapy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum