Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Dougie thought about the game - Burnley

+5
Bernard Dennis Park
doffcocker
NickFazer
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dougie Freedman hailed a strong and complete team performance, as Wanderers beat near neighbours Burnley to three derby points at the Reebok.

Goals from Craig Davies and David Ngog sealed a second-half turnaround for the Whites, after David Edgar had given the Clarets the lead just after the break.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “It was a good team effort today. We stuck at it and were very determined to get the result. We had to dig deep. We did that and we deserved the win.

“We performed fantastically well, and over the last four or five matches we have been very unlucky with the results.

“Today we created some good chances and were disappointed to go behind. We stuck at it, showed good character and kept our momentum up.

“Burnley were technically good throughout the 90 minutes and have a talented group of players, but we kept them quiet and dealt with their threat.

“We put their goal under pressure in both halves and they were forced into a couple of last-ditch clearances off the line.

“We felt that it was a tight game in the midfield. I am paid to make brave decisions and I am not afraid to make them. I have done it as a player and I will certainly do it as a coach.

“As the game went on I felt that we had to change the dynamics in the final half hour. David Ngog was key to doing that. Him drifting around the midfield helped open up the game a bit. I am not going to shy away from making decisions, and I will always try to do my best for the football club.

“The route to success I believe is to continue to work hard and prepare the best we can.

“This is a group of players that have got the bit between their teeth. The way we have played over the last three games shows that and I believe that we will continue to get better."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well done to the fans who were booing his 2 substitutions after we went down, real classy, oh and singing you don't know what you're doing worked wonders.....idiots.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:Well done to the fans who were booing his 2 substitutions after we went down, real classy, oh and singing you don't know what you're doing worked wonders.....idiots.

I agree 100%. Turning on your own team only encourages the opposition, if you need to voice your displeasure then do it at the end if you really must but not with half an hour to go FFS.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The booing was for bringing off arguably the best player. Additionally, the continuous final 30/20 off-hauling of Sordell is tiresome.
I don't think the complaints were anything to do with who came on, but who went off.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The booing was because Eagles didn't get taken off when Sordell and De Ridder did. I wouldn't have taken either off but Dougie was proven to be right.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a bunch of bellends.

Firstly, the manager claims he's not scared to make "brave decisions" - what a load of bollocks. Two forwards was the ONLY option at 1-0 down and the crowd restless. A brave decision would have been to bring two defenders on.

Secondly, the booing inspired the team to victory! If you clap crap football where is the incentive to play better.

Idiots.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm delighted to have gotten 3 more points. More of the same, please!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:What a bunch of bellends.

Firstly, the manager claims he's not scared to make "brave decisions" - what a load of bollocks. Two forwards was the ONLY option at 1-0 down and the crowd restless. A brave decision would have been to bring two defenders on.

Secondly, the booing inspired the team to victory! If you clap crap football where is the incentive to play better.

Idiots.

:facepalm:

struggling here Nat, i think best to give up on this one.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At 1-0 down did you not think two strikers was the only real option?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

This.

One of the biggest complaints across forums after a defeat is that the players don't give a shit. Then we get people making booers out to be subhuman.

Sometimes, it's a necessary kick up the arse.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Only dickheads think booing and ironic cheers help the team.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Booing them will make them give less of a shit.

it creates division, hostility and a "fuck em them" attitude.

if you went into work and your boss slagged you every day for a week would you work harder.... yeah course you would.

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

This.

One of the biggest complaints across forums after a defeat is that the players don't give a shit. Then we get people making booers out to be subhuman.

Sometimes, it's a necessary kick up the arse.

Booing will only make the players give less of a shit, that's how I'd feel about it anyway.

The team won in spite of the boos not because of them.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
if you went into work and your boss slagged you every day for a week would you work harder.... yeah course you would.

If your boss appreciated and paid you irrespective of performance, would you give 100%?

doffcocker wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

If your boss appreciated and paid you irrespective of performance, would you give 100%?

If your boss slagged you for an average performance would you be inspired to work harder?

We were 1-0 down - with plenty of time left - in a relatively even (but poor) match and he put two strikers on, not two defenders, I just don't think the boos and jeers were justified or helpful.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Only dickheads think booing and ironic cheers help the team.

I don't get your point.

We were 1-0 down. The booing started. We won 2-1.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

If your boss slagged you for an average performance would you be inspired to work harder?

Yes I would. I wouldn't leave or start crying just because someone had a pop. I'd set out to prove them wrong.

And shame on you for thinking any other way.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Only dickheads think booing and ironic cheers help the team.

I don't get your point.

We were 1-0 down. The booing started. We won 2-1.

So we won because people booed the substitutions?

Not because the substitutions changed the way we were playing?

Dickhead.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The booing only started when he brought Sordell off instead of Eagles. It was obvious to anyone watching the game that Eagles was having a mare.

As a manager you have to chop and change things and that's what Dougie did. Ngog and C Davies proved to be good choices so the manager got it right.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Yes I would. I wouldn't leave or start crying just because someone had a pop. I'd set out to prove them wrong.

And shame on you for thinking any other way.

This isn't about how your persona would react though, it;s about footballers and people in general.

Your delusional if you think the booing helped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum