Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Dougie thought about the game - Brighton

+4
Whitesince63
Dunkels King
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Whites suffered a 3-1 defeat against the Amex outfit despite David Ngog scoring the game’s opener midway through the first half with a close range finish beyond Tomasz Kuszczak.

However, the Seagulls hit back and within 11 minutes of the restart in the second half they were 3-1 up.

Speaking after the game the Wanderers boss explained his side were lacking confidence and his job is to now make sure his team concentrates for the full 90 minutes.

“I am disappointed with the result this afternoon,” he said. “It was a crazy 11 minutes at the start of the second half which ended up costing us the game.

“I thought we were very comfortable in the first half with a 1-0 lead and I was happy with our first half display. We came out for the second half and it was a crazy period of play where Brighton scored three goals.

“That has been the story of our season so far, we have played in patches very well and we created a few goal scoring opportunities but they didn’t fall our way, so overall I am disappointed.

“We are lacking in confidence at the moment and when Brighton scored their first goal you could see a lack of focus. I understand exactly what we have to do, we have to keep working and we have to put in a performance for 90 minutes.

“We have to start winning football matches which will breed confidence. We are lacking in confidence and we need to go back to basics.

“At the moment it is difficult for everybody involved at Bolton Wanderers and there is no doubt about that. We have shown today that we have the capability to win football matches and we played well in the first half but we gave the game away within 11 minutes of the second half.”

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't think we played well at all in the first half, our goal came through a brighton error, other than that they pretty much dominated from start to finish.

That's the impression I got from the two guys on GMR anyway.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I haven't done any Dougie bashing so far, but that sounds just like a Coyle interview albeit without taking any medicine. How he can say that we have shown the capability to win football matches is beyond me. How did we show that after getting turned over by Brighton FFS ?

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He's in denial Dunk hopefully the sign he won't be here much longer.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:I haven't done any Dougie bashing so far
Filth

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I got the same impression from tower. They said as much at half time. They said Brighton were on top but Bolton have not conceded and as a bonus have somehow come out of the half with a goal.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Aaron
I listened on gmr and they said we were fortunate to get the goal and incapable of defending it. Simon Charlton was commentating and didn't paint a pretty picture I'm afraid.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

As did I Soul, you are quite right about Simon Charlton he was very critical of the way we played all the way through the game, as was Jack Dearden.

That's why I can't understand where Dougie has got this good performance from in the first half. it didn't sound good to me.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's just politically correct banter ....  to gave players and fans some hope.

The truth is that we are the worst team in the division and deserve to be 24th .....until further notice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum