Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Dougie thought - Brighton

+5
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
White84
karlypants
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:11 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman believes his Bolton side were unfortunate not to take something away from their game at Brighton & Hove Albion.

The Trotters were edged out by the odd goal in three at the Amex Stadium.

And the manager believes his side are just coming out on the wrong side of fine margins at this early stage of the season.

“We’re obviously very disappointed because I feel we gave as good as we got,” the manager said after the game.

“It was a very tight game and we just seem to be coming out on the wrong side of those fine margins. There really wasn’t much in the game.

“We lost Adam Bogdan when they scored the equalising goal. It certainly wasn’t the deciding factor in the game, but it played a part.

“In the second half we had a couple of chances, they had a couple of chances. The ultimate difference was that they took theirs, we didn’t.

“Anyone who saw the game will realise we’re not too far away. We created two or three very good opportunities in the first half and we could have easily been two goals up going into the break.

“We’re certainly seeing a lot of positives, but we know we need to get points on the board soon.

“The majority of games in this division are tight and we’ve got to make sure that we come out on the right side by taking those chances when they come our way.

“We’ve got some very good characters in this squad. We’re dusting ourselves down and are always ready to go again.

“We’ve got a very good group of players, though we know we need to add a little bit of quality in the final third. We’re not a group of lets our heads go down.”

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

2What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:20 pm

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's what I said he'd say just in different words on another day blah blah,Owen Coyles was the Barclays Premier Leauge blah blah!

3What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:28 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:"It was a very tight game. We just seem to be coming out on the wrong side of those fine margins."

"We lost Adam Bogdan when they scored the equaliser. It certainly wasn't the deciding factor, but it played a part."

"In the second half both sides had a couple of chances. The ultimate difference was that they took theirs, we didn't."

YouTube video to follow...

I wonder if he's aware that no one is listening any more

4What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:30 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sorry Dougie did you say something? 

On a serious note what the fuck is it with our last 2 managers and margins!!

5What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
karlypants wrote:"It was a very tight game. We just seem to be coming out on the wrong side of those fine margins."

"We lost Adam Bogdan when they scored the equaliser. It certainly wasn't the deciding factor, but it played a part."

"In the second half both sides had a couple of chances. The ultimate difference was that they took theirs, we didn't."

And yet here you are...

6What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:On a serious note what the fuck is it with our last 2 managers and margins!!

Dyche has always gone on about fine margins.

It's all right going on about fine margins, but sometimes you've got to fall on the right side of them to keep mentioning it.

7What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Hipster,

Why don't you have a break from the "holier than thou" act for a bit, eh?

8What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:04 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He won't be mentioning them too much this season, He'll be on the wrong end of some right drummings.

9What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:04 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

And yet here you are...

No- I read what Karly wrote- I wouldn't waste a second listening to his feeble dribblings about the latest failure to impress.
I would consciously not listen as its like listening to a politicians apology- a waste of breath and time

10What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread, surely you can let me have a bit of fun in my life. Thats all it is.

11What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:08 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bread, surely you can let me have a bit of fun in my life. Thats all it is.

Well- you might get some fun in commenting on them- but you won't find much watching them.

12What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:09 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:He won't be mentioning them too much this season, He'll be on the wrong end of some right drummings.

'Drubbings' you oik.

13What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:11 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Well- you might get some fun in commenting on them- but you won't find much watching them.

There's no danger of that with Hipster.

14What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:11 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:He won't be mentioning them too much this season, He'll be on the wrong end of some right drummings.

'Drubbings' you oik.
I hope UTD smash you to bits.

15What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:16 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You and all the Utd/Bolton fans Scott. Chortle chortle.

16What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:18 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least you'll probably lose every game.

17What Dougie thought - Brighton Empty Re: What Dougie thought - Brighton Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:18 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:You and all the Utd/Bolton fans Scott. Chortle chortle.
I hope you survive Copper. My Uncle David would be ecstatic if you did as he's been a season ticket holding Claret for over fifty years now. I think a lot will depend on your board like it did last time. Will they give Dyche real money to strengthen in January if he needs it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum