Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baby For Grandma?

+11
jayjay23
Sluffy
WhiteBic
scottjames30
Triumph
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
bwfc71
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:25

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:If an IVF child ever grows up to become a doctor, and sorts your glass back out JJ, i bet you'll change your mind.

...but, until that day ScottJames...

Let's not pretend there is some higher moral reason for letting old people and lesbians have NHS IVF treatment. There is not. They just want a kid for their own reasons. If one of them grows up to cure cancer then fine, that will just be good fortune. 99.999999999999999% of the population don't change the world though. The chances are only 1 in a million IVF babies will grow up to do some real good.

42Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:

Let's not pretend there is some higher moral reason for letting old people and lesbians have NHS IVF treatment. There is not. They just want a kid for their own reasons. If one of them grows up to cure cancer then fine, that will just be good fortune. 99.999999999999999% of the population don't change the world though. The chances are only 1 in a million IVF babies will grow up to do some real good.

Were you brought up by lesbians Jayjay?

43Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Thu Feb 21 2013, 23:09

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
jayjay23 wrote:

Were you brought up by lesbians Jayjay?

What are you on about? And no.

44Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Thu Feb 21 2013, 23:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:

What are you on about? And no.

You brought up the lesbians, not me.

45Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 17:43

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

WhiteBic wrote:After a quick scan of the above posts I thought I would add my own personal penneth. Me and the misses have been trying for a kid for 12 months now. Nothing has happen so on Monday morning I was at Old St Marys hospital (oxford road manchester) for to specimen test. I am hoping for a kid soon and hopefully it won't come to IVF for my wife and I.

So the other day I turned up at the Andrology(?) ward a nurse showed me to a private room. I had my wicked way with myself handed over my love juice for them to test. My doctor will call me next week with the results so fingers and toes crossed my swimmers are ok. Thinking ahead though, it is a massive relief that if it get's to the IVF stage it is there and provided by the tax payer. So my view is, if age is just a number and obviously people try for kids at 18 others are trying at 50, then why not provide them with the same treatment. Life expectancy has steadily risen so isn't this expected at some point?

The Wife is pregnant! Hurrah:cheers:

I am absolutely over the moon. I haven't told my family and friends yet but I had to share it with the nuts family!

Peace and Love

46Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 17:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Congratulations to you both!

You do know that this will mean you doing all the housework for the next nine months!

Couldn't be happier for you mate.

47Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 18:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Congratulations fella! :clap:

48Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 18:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Congratulations are most certainly in order. Perhaps it was all the good Karma from the Nuts forum? :clap:

49Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 18:32

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:What you could do is attempt to inseminate yourself with the contents of a used condom like Liz Jones.

Something you were particularly sympathetic towards.

that would halt the need for them to raise the age here.
I think you've lost the plot there!?

50Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 18:34

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Fair enough I just assumed you'd have a different view on this, i was wrong.

Why, because I'm a 32 year old single woman with no kids?
And keeps the curtains shut?

51Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 18:39

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

WhiteBic wrote:The Wife is pregnant! Hurrah:cheers:

That'll be £50.

Anybody else want impregnating?

52Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 19:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Finally got to the end of the thread and like all good stories has an happy ending!
Congrats, enjoy your tranquility for the next few months, and when people say to you that nothing lasts forever, the clouds of despair and mither of parentage does!! Very Happy

53Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 19:22

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cheers guys. Oh, and BDP thanks for the gear, I'm using what's left to wallpaper the new nursery Smile

54Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 19:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:What you could do is attempt to inseminate yourself with the contents of a used condom like Liz Jones.

Something you were particularly sympathetic towards.

that would halt the need for them to raise the age here.
I think you've lost the plot there!?

I haven't, It's a genuine article by Liz Jones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2056875/Liz-Jones-baby-craving-drove-steal-husbands-sperm-ultimate-deception.html

55Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

WhiteBic wrote:
WhiteBic wrote:After a quick scan of the above posts I thought I would add my own personal penneth. Me and the misses have been trying for a kid for 12 months now. Nothing has happen so on Monday morning I was at Old St Marys hospital (oxford road manchester) for to specimen test. I am hoping for a kid soon and hopefully it won't come to IVF for my wife and I.

So the other day I turned up at the Andrology(?) ward a nurse showed me to a private room. I had my wicked way with myself handed over my love juice for them to test. My doctor will call me next week with the results so fingers and toes crossed my swimmers are ok. Thinking ahead though, it is a massive relief that if it get's to the IVF stage it is there and provided by the tax payer. So my view is, if age is just a number and obviously people try for kids at 18 others are trying at 50, then why not provide them with the same treatment. Life expectancy has steadily risen so isn't this expected at some point?

I am absolutely over the moon. I haven't told my family and friends yet but I had to share it with the nuts family!

Peace and Love

Congratulations to you both!

Very Happy :toppoints: :clap:

56Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:

Peace and Love

Your life is now over. Razz On a serious note, congratulations!

57Baby For Grandma? - Page 3 Empty Re: Baby For Grandma? Tue Mar 26 2013, 16:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Other forms of state benefit are means tested so shouldn't access to IVF also be? And how do they ensure that women are trying hard enough to conceive before turning to the taxpayer? Is there a five bonks a day for 6 months criterion observed by a member of the Trust carrying a clipboard? Probably not.

I knew you'd bring sex into this. Bloody pervert.
Weirdly, I think there's a place for sex in a discussion about conception.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum