Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

remember when...............

+8
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Triumph
Keegan
Jamster26
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1remember when............... Empty remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:30

........we could have got Zaha from palace for about £6m but we would only pay £4m

.........When we could have got Eto at a very young age for about £2.5m

.........When Rivaldo was spotted in the harvester near the Reebok lol!

What other remember whens and what ifs can you think of

2remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

..when the reebok was pretty near full

3remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:36

aaron_bwfc wrote:..when the reebok was pretty near full

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

..when we beat athletico madrid over two legs to qualify for the last 16 of the uefa cup.

That happened on this very day in 2008 Infact.

5remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:54

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

...when Jay-Jay scored that goal against West Ham.

6remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Boggersbelief wrote:..when we beat athletico madrid over two legs to qualify for the last 16 of the uefa cup.

That happened on this very day in 2008 Infact.
What a night that was. Very Happy
Ah remember when we beat United 1-0 at the Bok under old ginger top.....what a day that was.

7remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:56

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just to follow up on what Aaron posted:

...remember when Knight last scored a goal!

8remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:58

Jamster26 wrote:Just to follow up on what Aaron posted:

if your talking own goals surely we can all castour minds back a few weeks Wink

9remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:59

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Jamster26 wrote:Just to follow up on what Aaron posted:

I'm guessing that was when he was playing for Fulham [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 13:37

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

... Jlloyd Samuel scored that goal in the Man U game?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 13:58

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

we where fab.

12remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 14:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...we were in the 2nd division in the 90's. Bruce Rioch became our manager and we beat Liverpool 2 - 0 at Anfield in a FA cup replay and finished runners up in the league. Bruce started the rebuilding of our club - another promotion and a League Cup Final - which we lost to Liverpool. The comeback to beat Reading in the playoff final. Fantastic times.
Bruce's appointment was the turning point for BWFC. He and Todd who followed him* rebuilt the squad, were absolute geniuses in the transfer market and created the financial foundations for our return to the Premiership. Allardyce did OK but he was nowhere near as good in the transfer market - he couldn't sign world class players like Eidur for peanuts as Rioch and Todd had done or manage the wage bill - which led to our ultimate demise.
But the '90s comeback trail was amazing considering how low we had sunk. We were a shit third tier team so we didn't expect much, but Rioch and Todd overdelivered season after season on zero budget and produced bargain signing after bargain signing.
Remember when we won the First Division title under Todd with 98 points and 100 goals? What a season.

13remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 15:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

the most beautiful free kick ever scored in the history of football.

i still giggle like a child when I see this.

I was at the Reebok that day and I remember leaving the ground still thinking "Did that just happen, no... it cant have, did it? no... he went the WRONG WAY round the wall... he did, he did it!"

Here it is, in all its glory...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 15:25

wanderlust wrote:...we were in the 2nd division in the 90's. Bruce Rioch became our manager and we beat Liverpool 2 - 0 at Anfield in a FA cup replay and finished runners up in the league. Bruce started the rebuilding of our club - another promotion and a League Cup Final - which we lost to Liverpool. The comeback to beat Reading in the playoff final. Fantastic times.
Bruce's appointment was the turning point for BWFC. He and Todd who followed him* rebuilt the squad, were absolute geniuses in the transfer market and created the financial foundations for our return to the Premiership. Allardyce did OK but he was nowhere near as good in the transfer market - he couldn't sign world class players like Eidur for peanuts as Rioch and Todd had done or manage the wage bill - which led to our ultimate demise.
But the '90s comeback trail was amazing considering how low we had sunk. We were a shit third tier team so we didn't expect much, but Rioch and Todd overdelivered season after season on zero budget and produced bargain signing after bargain signing.
Remember when we won the First Division title under Todd with 98 points and 100 goals? What a season.

now thats more what i was looking for, great post!!!!!!

15remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 15:27

Reebok_Rebel wrote:the most beautiful free kick ever scored in the history of football.

i still giggle like a child when I see this.

I was at the Reebok that day and I remember leaving the ground still thinking "Did that just happen, no... it cant have, did it? no... he went the WRONG WAY round the wall... he did, he did it!"

Here it is, in all its glory...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and i knew exactly what goal that was before i clicked on the link! Me and a couple of the lads from the office were just talking about this the other day!

16remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:00

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

... You came t'Turf and sang for Owen Coyle?

(I do apologise :suicide: )

17remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:13

Copper Dragon wrote:... You came t'Turf and sang for Owen Coyle?

(I do apologise [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

18remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:17

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Denial is not a river in Africa.

19remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 17:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:Denial is not a river in Africa.

Very Happy

20remember when............... Empty Re: remember when............... Thu Feb 21 2013, 18:04

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

....John McGinlay not giving the ball back to Burnley after they kicked it out because one of our players was injured.

And we scored Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum