Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Good Was Kevin Nolan?

+10
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
scottjames30
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Jamster26
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 20:41

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I remember the season where we were riding high in the champions league places and there was allot of talk of US being the team to potentially break the top four monopoly, it seems remarkable now but I think for that period, Nolan went on his best goal scoring and generally, had a decent level of form in the heart of our midfield.

Allot of people have said that his form declined as the years went by but I don't think you could ever doubt his passion for us.

How good do you think he was for us? And do you think that we were right to sell him?

2How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 20:44

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He was really good at times and an important player for us.

He wasn't playing too well for us in the end.

I was shocked when he left though.

3How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 20:47

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I thought he was going through a bad patch too, but he wasn't any worse than any of other players at that time, and I don't think that anyone we have signed since have been better. Holden might turn out to be, but I think we definitely should have kept him. I think he'd be just what we need right now, and probably last season when we were trying to avoid relegation.

4How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 20:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His form declined as he was unhappy under megson.

Worst mistake ever letting allardyce go!

5How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 20:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was a great player when he was in form, but towards the end he had lost his form. At the time it seemed to be a great deal for everyone concerned.

6How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 20:54

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I too was shocked when he left, it just seemed to happen over night.

Big sam has certainly got the best out of him at whichever club he's taken him too.

7How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 22:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nolan divides opinions wherever he goes.

Newcastle fans could never make up their minds about him, and West Ham fans seem to have similar difficulty.

He's a lot like Matt Taylor. A goalscoring midfielder that works hard, but comes up short in most other departments.

8How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 22:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I blame Gartside , Kevin wanted to stay , Megson wanted him to stay.

It was a board / money decision , so it's another reason why Gartdide takes so much money out of the club,is that good business 4 million Quid ?

9How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 22:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't regret the day we sold Nolan in the slightest. There, I've said it.

10How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 22:32

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He wasn't as good as he thought he was. I'll never forgive him for helping to hound Jay Jay out of Bolton. Scouse bastard.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 22:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I don't regret the day we sold Nolan in the slightest. There, I've said it.

So you think Pratley is better?

Or are you waiting to be shot, ? Stand over there son .

12How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 22:57

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I liked SUPER Kevin Nolan. A great player for us on his day and could certainly still do a job for us.

He isn't the best we've ever had at the club, but certainly falls into the legend category for me.

Also, I think he still holds the club in high regard and like Peter Reid before him, a scouser who now considers himself a Boltonian. (Well maybe Reidy still supports Everton first, but he loves Bolton as well!)

13How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 23:06

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Didn't Peter Reid go on strike to try and force a move away from Bolton?

Before my time really but it's something I remember hearing.

14How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 23:07

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Didn't Peter Reid go on strike to try and force a move away from Bolton?

Before my time too, if he did, I take back what I said. Scouse prick.

15How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Didn't Peter Reid go on strike to try and force a move away from Bolton?

Yes, something like that anyway iirc.

I seem to remember that we wanted (had to?) sell him and had a better offer from one club £80k(?) but he wanted to go to Everton who were only offering much less £65k(?) and Reid dug his heels in.

I think we were offered something like £120k(?) before George Woods did his knee in, in the abandoned Boxing Day game.

Something along those lines anyway.

I was one of the mugs there that day!

16How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 23:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

Calm down calm down!

17How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 23:28

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:

Calm down calm down!

Ite m8, all clmd dwn nw.

18How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 23:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bounce

19How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Fri Feb 22 2013, 23:55

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Lt. Boon wrote:Before my time too, if he did, I take back what I said. Scouse prick.
lol!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Sat Feb 23 2013, 06:51

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Loved him but I think he went stale and the a move was needed for him. Love to have him back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum