Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Good Was Kevin Nolan?

+10
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
scottjames30
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Jamster26
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21How Good Was Kevin Nolan? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Sat Feb 23 2013, 10:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the time selling Nolan for £5m was a fantastic bit of business, he was overweight and had been out of form for 12 months or more. You can't turn down that sort of money for a player who wasn't guaranteed a first team place.

22How Good Was Kevin Nolan? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Sat Feb 23 2013, 11:07

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Did we get £5million for him?

23How Good Was Kevin Nolan? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Sat Feb 23 2013, 11:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought it was £4 million

24How Good Was Kevin Nolan? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Sat Feb 23 2013, 12:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I rated him very highly but as we all know he lost his form. I think that selling him for £4m was the right decision at the time, although who knows where both Nolan and us would be now if Allardyce had stayed here. Probably, almost certainly still in the Prem.

25How Good Was Kevin Nolan? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Good Was Kevin Nolan? Sat Feb 23 2013, 17:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Didn't Peter Reid go on strike to try and force a move away from Bolton?

Before my time really but it's something I remember hearing.

Yes, something like that anyway iirc.

I seem to remember that we wanted (had to?) sell him and had a better offer from one club £80k(?) but he wanted to go to Everton who were only offering much less £65k(?) and Reid dug his heels in.

I think we were offered something like £120k(?) before George Woods did his knee in, in the abandoned Boxing Day game.

Something along those lines anyway.

I was one of the mugs there that day!
I was at that game. 1-1 when it was abandoned I seem to remember. The Everton goal was a fluke as the ball was passed back and it stuck in the snow. Don't remember Reidy "going on strike" but do remember being gutted when he left. Great player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum