Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Wembley trip.

+10
Sgt. Bash
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Tigermin
WhiteBic
wanderlust
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your Wembley trip. Empty Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:57 am

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tell us about the things that happened on your last trip out to the big W.

We met at 05.30 in a social club, and it was like last orders on a Saturday night., it was mental.

We must of had about seven or eight pints before the coaches arrived, we was on the young guns coach, we split up, old uns, family and then us lot.

The coach driver" it was a double decker" was a pole and didn't speak much English at all, somebody blocked up the toilet , and he pulled up on the hard shoulder and emptied it all over the road.

The decker smelt like an opium den, its a good job the police never stopped us and came on.

We managed to get through crates of beer , it was great, when we got there we was all merry , and high.

Good job really because the football was crap.

Lets hope we get another trip out their soon, I would do exactly the same the next time round.

2Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last one for me was the Stoke match. I bought tickets for my youngest 2 (teenagers) and the 3 of us went along in a fantastic mood. Great pre-match atmosphere and banter. Bought commemorative scarves etc for everyone. A few drinks, and we were ready to go.
At 5 o'clock we were still waiting for the Wanderers to turn up. Other than the actual football, it was a great day out but I am still scarred by the experience and probably always will be.

3Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:48 am

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Mine was also the stoke game. We travelled down the day before dumped our stuff in the hotel and headed off in to Laandon centre for a right knees up. Watched man u V city in some paddy bar won some money on a few football bets and had a very good day out.

Then we played Stoke the day after and I would like to end the story there.

4Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:00 am

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Stoke here as well ffs.
Highlight on that dark day was meeting Chubby Chandler with his kids on the tube after the slaughter,as pissed off as everyone else !

5Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stoke for me as well. Got the coach down to London and bought some tins from an off licence and sat in the sun outside the ground.

Left with 10 minutes to go and went into a local pub and drowned our sorrows. What a terrible anti-climax the day turned out to be.

6Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread has depressing memories, I want it removed.

7Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Flew to London, watched the game, flew back. Didn't mingle or speak to any Bolton fans.

Coyle out.

8Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Flew to London, watched the game, flew back. Didn't mingle or speak to any Bolton fans.

Coyle out.
How's the catering in the Ivory Tower?

9Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:58 am

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

ScottJames30 - that sounds like a walkden whites trip! Am I correct?

I went down on the Saturday and stayed in the Wembely Ibis with 3 mates for 2 nights. I got an Oyster card with my hotel, it added about 3970% to the price of the hotel bill - It would have been cheaper to just buy a brand spanking new car when I got there instead...

The Day of the 'Manchester Derby' match, we decided in the morning to go and do the 'London thing' - you know, see tower bridge, downing st, Trafalgar square etc etc and had some food and a few beers in a nice gastro pub and then went to Kensigton and watched the Scum v city semi in a mice pub surrounded by cockney plastic Mancs. we got talking to a few Chelsea fans and had a good few drinks with them, 2 of whom i still speak to and should we play Chelsea again in future they will come up for the game.

the highlight of that day was watching the dirty plastic scum sulking away after the match.

we had our evening meal in the hotel and got an early night.

Woke up in the morning, had a fry up - even though my stomach was doing somersaults with the pre-match nerves and was in the greyhound for about lunchtime - its a good job I put a few beers away, that's all im saying.

we all know what happened next - so watched that, left pissed off, and went to the hotel and sulked. drove home day after.

10Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sheff Utd 09 - Met at the Pigeon Club Nelson at 6.30 am with my ton of sarnies and 2 litres of Gin punch.

Got there and it was baking, went to the offy and joined the sing song on Wembley Way. Some pissed up Blade tried ripping my nephew's Burnley Flag out of his hands, so I gripped him and was about to take his head of his shoulders but the fuzz were on the scene (they'd been watching).

The game went well Very Happy and there was a bit of aggro at half time in the smoking section and the dividing wall between the two sets of supporters.

After the game we were stuck in the Wembley car park for nearly two hours with the temperature inside the coach at 36C. We were there that long that Chris Morgan the Sheff Utd player walked past our coach, what an ugly beggar he is up close.

Got back to Nelson at nearly 1.00 am, I was pretty pissed off actually........until I had a Gin and Tonic.

11Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Also the Stoke match, went down on the official club travel the morning of the match with my brother. It felt like we were on the coach forever, but everyone was in good spirits, looking forward to our first game at the new Wembley. The first of many as we would obviously beat Stoke in the semi, then City in the final and then United in the Community Shield. We have Owen Coyle now, he's a great manager isn't he? He got a shit Burnley side promoted after all....

Arrived at Wembley and the first thing we did was walk Wembley Way. We then had a bite to eat and then decided to wait outside the stadium for the turnstiles to open. We positioned ourselves on a bridge and just sang songs at the Stoke fans walking underneath us (as you do).

When the stadium opened, we went inside and had a few drinks (at rip off prices I might add). We probably should have used a local pub, but you live and learn.

Anyway, we made our way to our seats, took some photos and waited for the match to begin...

The End! ( Your Wembley trip. 2839888827)

12Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Went to the FA Cup Semi V Stoke - Set off from Halifax the day before, stayed at my mums in Bolton - got a coach which was arranged by another site. Took my eldest, no DRINKING allowed on the coach (I wanted to get merry at least) - Got to Wembley 2 weeks later. Pubs close by were rammed and had to Queue to get in, opted to go to the local shop for cans of beer and stayed outside the greyhound - It was a fantastic atmosphere, the best I had ever experienced with fellow Wanderers fans.

Then the game happened...

I look forward to the next Wembley visit!

13Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:37 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well the Pie Eaters have made it to Wembley so who do we want to join them and City. I can't stand United or Chelsea but what about Milwall or Blackburn ? Got to be Millwall to prevent BH coming on here and giving it large.

A good semi draw for me would be Wigan v Milwall and City v Utd/ Chelsea.

14Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:03 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Flew to London, watched the game, flew back. Didn't mingle or speak to any Bolton fans.

Coyle out.

Which airport did you fly from and to?

15Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 am

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:A good semi draw for me would be Wigan v Milwall and City v Utd/ Chelsea.

I really don't want Wigan to get to the final. So I hope they don't get Millwall or Blackburn.

16Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:57 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather see Wigan in the final instead of Utd, City or Chelsea. The Pieheads deserve their day in the sun.

17Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:59 am

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They don't.

18Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:01 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'd rather see Wigan in the final instead of Utd, City or Chelsea. The Pieheads deserve their day in the sun.

They deserve getting beat 5-0, in the rain.

19Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

They deserve getting beat 5-0, in the rain.

Who would you like to see in the final?

20Your Wembley trip. Empty Re: Your Wembley trip. Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum