Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Withdrawal symptoms

+13
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Born to be a wanderer
NickFazer
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
jayjay23
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
wanderlust
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Withdrawal symptoms Empty Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 15:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having had 2 games a week to enjoy recently, suddenly we're having to wait for what seems like an eternity for our next fix as everything is put on hold to watch England face the mighty San Marino. Lots of posters have said that the one of the most enjoyable things about being in this league was the number of games - but now this.
I don't think I'm handling it well - I've even read the news items on the home page, drawn in by the strapline "Marvin attends Tull performance" - naturally thinking that Ian Anderson had packed in the Scottish salmon farm to balance on one leg playing the flute to a new audience demographic - but things as unlikely as that don't seem to be happening this week.
Does anyone else feel twitchy when there isn't a game to look forward to in the near future?

2Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 15:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I could not give one solitary shit about this weekend's international matches.

I don't feel "twitchy" that there isn't a game to look forward to because of them. I feel angry.

3Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't mind international breaks if we've won the last game, but when we lose I want the next game to come straight away.

We'll lose at Charlton mind.

4Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 16:39

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I am frustrated. I keep checking the fixtures hoping I have missed something somewhere.
The Championship is where it's at! As a supporter I want to watch football. The more the better. So 46 games instead of 38 (compared to the Prem) on a personal level for me is far preferable!

5Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 16:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't mind international breaks if we've won the last game, but when we lose I want the next game to come straight away.

We'll lose at Charlton mind.
I feel the same way if we lose. Disagree about the Charlton game though - draw or maybe a win.

6Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 17:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm certainly not concerned about the England game against San Marino. It's not as if the England team is swamped with players from the Championship so as far as I am concerned there should have been a full set of fixtures in our league this weekend.

7Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 17:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't give a fuck anymore about the national team, I'm sick of supporting cunts like JT,RF,AC,WR and a few more.

I support Bolton and that's it, infact i wont lose one bit of sleep if England lose or didn't even qualify.

Fuckall to look forwards to at weekend now footballing wise.

I might go and watch non-league on Saturday, not a bad day out." Good drinking day".

COYWM.

Roll on Charlton and the rest of the footballing fixtures

8Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 17:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Roll on the WCQ's this Friday! Gives our Douglas more time to work on the loan deals he has in the pipeline. Nixon says our Douglas is trying for targets who he thinks would make an immediate impact - as well they will need to, with the massive games coming up!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 19:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want England to do well and I support my home country surprisingly, so I will still have some football to satisfy my needs. Although I do prefer Bolton doing well

10Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 21:23

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Il watch it but im with scott james on this.

Contemplating watching some non-league too.

What game are you planning on watching scott? I go watch tempest united now and again

11Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 21:24

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We should have a nuts meet up at a local non-league game...

Il get mi coat...

12Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 21:36

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bloody hell - how do you lot manage in the summer.

13Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 21:39

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I just withdraw and sulk...

14Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 21:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Well there's the transfer window to argue about then, so it's not so bad.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Wed Mar 20 2013, 21:50

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I hate the internationals.San Marino and Montenegro ffs.At least it's for something not just a friendly.England are shit I couldn't give a fuck about England .What did Rooney do in South Africa apart from look like a Brit who had had too much sun in Benidorm red as a lobster and fucking useless.Bolton Wanderers are my team although I think 2 weeks rest should help the lads recuperate.Ill make this weekend out to be our big shop fill the Siemens up(fucking hate shopping with the Mrs) roll on Charlton.

16Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Thu Mar 21 2013, 06:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Il watch it but im with scott james on this.

Contemplating watching some non-league too.

What game are you planning on watching scott? I go watch tempest united now and again

Radcliffe, if they are at home.

Last one i went to, they beat Lancaster city 2-0.

Sky sports on, drinking on the terraces, fucking great.

Rammy are doing better, but its a better day at Radcliffe.

Infact they play eachother, on Bankholiday at Radcliffe.

17Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Thu Mar 21 2013, 09:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd like England to do well, but like others, I don't see the point of cancelling the Championship given the current squad. The African cup of Nations has a bigger impact on clubs, but they don't stop anything for that - it's arbitrary.
Watched highlights of Charlton (v Millwall) again, and they look like a team that would crumble if we score first. Hope Dougie goes for it in S London when we eventually get to play them.

18Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Thu Mar 21 2013, 10:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I personally hate these breaks .....
I believe that teams that don't have any players on International duty should have an option to play their games if they so choose. There must be teams in the Prem and Champs who don't have any players away so why not play & televise their games for a nice change for their fans. If Bolton wants to go ahead and play Charlton and both clubs are in agreement ......but no, we have the pleasure of watching Rio & Rooney & Lampard stepping on a pub team.....wtf Twisted Evil

19Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Thu Mar 21 2013, 11:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said i've hated the England team my whole life to much criticism.

When i was at Uni (student house) one of my flatmates lost his shit with me when i laughed at an Argentina goal against England.

he said "WHY DONT YOU JUST FUCKING SUPPORT ENGLAND LIKE EVERYONE ELSE YOU TWAT" and stormed out.

20Withdrawal symptoms Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Thu Mar 21 2013, 11:47

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:I personally hate these breaks .....
I believe that teams that don't have any players on International duty should have an option to play their games if they so choose. There must be teams in the Prem and Champs who don't have any players away so why not play & televise their games for a nice change for their fans. If Bolton wants to go ahead and play Charlton and both clubs are in agreement ......but no, we have the pleasure of watching Rio & Rooney & Lampard stepping on a pub team.....wtf Twisted Evil

A cynical view but go with me...

Do you not think that international breaks are more about finance than anything?

Think about it - all England games are televised, no domestic matches in the top tiers are played, meaning football fans are more likely to go to the pub to watch or stay in and watch it. this means more people watching, meaning the TV companies can charge more for advertising space and the FA for sponsorship due to having a potentially bigger target audience.

Just a thought.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum