Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Withdrawal symptoms

+13
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Born to be a wanderer
NickFazer
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
jayjay23
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
wanderlust
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Thu Mar 21 2013, 11:53

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:i laughed at an Argentina goal against England.

he said "WHY DONT YOU JUST FUCKING SUPPORT ENGLAND LIKE EVERYONE ELSE YOU TWAT" and stormed out.

You would've been the one leaving if I'd been there.

Head first through the window.

Which Argentina goal did you find funny btw?

22Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Thu Mar 21 2013, 11:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:i laughed at an Argentina goal against England.

he said "WHY DONT YOU JUST FUCKING SUPPORT ENGLAND LIKE EVERYONE ELSE YOU TWAT" and stormed out.

You would've been the one leaving if I'd been there.

Head first through the window.

Which Argentina goal did you find funny btw?

lol!

England actually won the game 3-2 i think Owen scored.

I don't take football that seriously to be honest, just can't stand the England players. Hate them on Saturday at 3pm so I sure as hell don't like them any other time either.

23Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 10:24

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I personally hate these breaks .....
I believe that teams that don't have any players on International duty should have an option to play their games if they so choose. There must be teams in the Prem and Champs who don't have any players away so why not play & televise their games for a nice change for their fans. If Bolton wants to go ahead and play Charlton and both clubs are in agreement ......but no, we have the pleasure of watching Rio & Rooney & Lampard stepping on a pub team.....wtf Twisted Evil

A cynical view but go with me...

Do you not think that international breaks are more about finance than anything?

Think about it - all England games are televised, no domestic matches in the top tiers are played, meaning football fans are more likely to go to the pub to watch or stay in and watch it. this means more people watching, meaning the TV companies can charge more for advertising space and the FA for sponsorship due to having a potentially bigger target audience.

Just a thought.
I would say there is far more money in a regular league weekend. Half of us won't even watch the England game never mind go to the pub etc. If it was a World cup game against Germany etc....you might have a case but this one is a dud.

24Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 10:51

terenceanne wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I personally hate these breaks .....
I believe that teams that don't have any players on International duty should have an option to play their games if they so choose. There must be teams in the Prem and Champs who don't have any players away so why not play & televise their games for a nice change for their fans. If Bolton wants to go ahead and play Charlton and both clubs are in agreement ......but no, we have the pleasure of watching Rio & Rooney & Lampard stepping on a pub team.....wtf Twisted Evil

A cynical view but go with me...

Do you not think that international breaks are more about finance than anything?

Think about it - all England games are televised, no domestic matches in the top tiers are played, meaning football fans are more likely to go to the pub to watch or stay in and watch it. this means more people watching, meaning the TV companies can charge more for advertising space and the FA for sponsorship due to having a potentially bigger target audience.

Just a thought.
I would say there is far more money in a regular league weekend. Half of us won't even watch the England game never mind go to the pub etc. If it was a World cup game against Germany etc....you might have a case but this one is a dud.

You'd create a conspiracy theory out of anything rebel.

25Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 10:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't take football that seriously to be honest, just can't stand the England players. Hate them on Saturday at 3pm so I sure as hell don't like them any other time either.

Why do you hate them more than, say, Championship players?

26Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 11:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't take football that seriously to be honest, just can't stand the England players. Hate them on Saturday at 3pm so I sure as hell don't like them any other time either.

Why do you hate them more than, say, Championship players?

What Championship players do you hate?

27Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 11:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

What Championship players do you hate?

I hate all overpaid ponces whatever league they are in. But I have more respect for Frank Lampard than Zat Knight.

28Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 11:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough, honestly being a fairly casual fan when we were in the prem i didn't pay any attention to the championship, so the players i was used to seeing week in week out were the prem ones.

couple that with watching the live sky games, so....

Hate is a strong word anyway it's a pantomime hate obviously.

29Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 17:16

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't understand (English) people not supporting England.

Its where you are from, thats why you support Bolton.

And then people say they can't support England because they don't like some of the players.

I don't like Zat Knight, in fact I dislike him more than most players I dislike. But that doesn't mean im going to stop supporting Bolton. Just because I don't like Rooney doesn't mean im going to stop being an England fan. I can't stand Rio but if he were to ever play for England again(hopefully he won't) I wouldn't stop supporting the team.

Most who say they don't support England wouldn't be saying that if we had won something recently though.

30Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 17:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Zat Knight more than any player in the England squad.

Ok he's abit of a knob.

But he's our knob.

31Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 17:52

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wish he wasn't

32Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 17:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But he is .

And he doesn't shag his team-mates wives .

But yes, he has two left feet.

33Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 18:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:I don't understand (English) people not supporting England.

Its where you are from, thats why you support Bolton.

And then people say they can't support England because they don't like some of the players.

I don't like Zat Knight, in fact I dislike him more than most players I dislike. But that doesn't mean im going to stop supporting Bolton. Just because I don't like Rooney doesn't mean im going to stop being an England fan. I can't stand Rio but if he were to ever play for England again(hopefully he won't) I wouldn't stop supporting the team.

Most who say they don't support England wouldn't be saying that if we had won something recently though.

I wouldn't support them if they'd won every major tournament since i was born, so scratch that theory.

It's about passion for it, I have absolutely no passion for international football, and my dislike for the English players makes it even less.

34Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 18:15

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's from Aberdeen. Why would he support England?

35Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 18:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always start to get excited once the World Cup or the Euros start and England have qualified but I can't get excited about us playing a squad like San Marino who only have a population of 33,000.

36Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 21:51

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

International football isn't for me. I just don't have the same passion for the nationalo team as I do for my club team.

37Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 22:08

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Used to love watching England when I was younger, especially the Home Internationals.

Nowadays only like it when we get to the latter stages of the big competitions...Glory Hunter

38Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Fri Mar 22 2013, 23:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gotta say 8 nil was a bit boring. The only excitement was whether they'd score 10 or not - and that wasn't particularly exciting.

39Withdrawal symptoms - Page 2 Empty Re: Withdrawal symptoms Sat Mar 23 2013, 09:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The weekends football was cancelled for that shite .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum