Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite restaurants.

+7
bwfc71
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok Trotter
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Favourite restaurants. Empty Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 12:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My own personal preference is Italian, Indian and Chinese. My favourite Italian is San Giovanni's near Manchester and my favourite Indian restaurant is the Royal Naz in Rusholme. Most of the Chinese restaurants in Chinatown are good value.

2Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 12:30

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

McDonalds probably.

3Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 12:33

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Indian first. Mexican second. Steak house third (if they exist)?

4Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 12:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gauchos in Amsterdam used to be my favourite steak house.

5Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Indian, Thai, Lebanese and Mexican tend to be my favourites. It depends on my mood at the time. Sometimes I feel that you just can't go wrong with a good steak though (Gunton Arms in Norfolk do it to perfection). In Bolton, my favourite Indian place is a takeaway on Tonge Moor Rd opposite the connie club (where Tony Knowles used to hang out). It's veggie, but the cooking is perhaps the most authentic I've had in the UK. If you can get over the fact it's veggie, treat yourself - f******* delicious every time.

6Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 12:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wedgwood in Edinburgh is superb.

But if I'm looking for cheap and decent i don't mind that chain Prezzo.

7Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 13:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Italian-Luciano's.

Indian-Akbar.

8Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 18:40

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In Bolton there is:-
San Marino
Latino Lounge
Il Torro

In Manchester there is:-
San Carlo
Piccolino
Revolucian De Cuba

In London there are just far too many and not really got a fave favourite one yet, although been to thsi one a few times now:-
The Fire Station, Waterloo

In Amsterdam, there is:-
Van Puffelen (inbetween Anne Frank House and Leidsestraat)
Calzone (Beethovenstraat)
New King (in the Chinese part of the city)

9Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 19:26

LW23

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

nick's on COR

10Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 19:30

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

LW23 wrote:nick's on COR

Thats still going? Not been in a few years and it was always a good place to go.

11Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 19:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you like Italian, and your in bury , try Pizzeria Bella Italia, you won't be disappointed.

Its not the chain, its a little independent eating place.

Really good food.

12Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 19:40

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:If you like Italian, and your in bury , try Pizzeria Bella Italia, you won't be disappointed.

Really good food.

I know of a new Thai Restaurant in Bury that only opened recently - Pum, or soemthing liek that - and its part of teh complex on The Rock. I know the owner and she spent quite a few months in Thailand learning the cookery and gaining experience in hiring the correct people. In fact since its opened it has had brilliant reviews - not tried it myself, yet but next visit back home and I will.

13Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
I know of a new Thai Restaurant in Bury that only opened recently - Pum, or soemthing liek that - and its part of teh complex on The Rock. I know the owner and she spent quite a few months in Thailand learning the cookery and gaining experience in hiring the correct people. In fact since its opened it has had brilliant reviews - not tried it myself, yet but next visit back home and I will.

It's amazing how many times a poster will mention a place and you know someone there.

You really are a man of the people.

14Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

It's amazing how many times a poster will mention a place and you know someone there.

You really are a man of the people.

That is because I treat most people the same and I am a good person and friend. But anyone who tries to blacken my good name or has a go at any member of my family, or friends, then they will receive my full wrath.

15Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I had a choice to eat in any one establishment then it would have to be Benares Restaurant in Berkeley Square, London. It's run by chef Atul Kochhar who has two Michelin stars. I have never seen Indian food that looks so delicious.

16Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:If you like Italian, and your in bury , try Pizzeria Bella Italia, you won't be disappointed.

Really good food.

I will never go there then.

17Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

Indian-Akbar.

Are you talking about Akbars on Liverpool Road in Manchester ? It's certainly got a good reputation.

Has anyone tried Simon Rogans Restaurant in Cartmel? It looks quite pricey but boy can he cook.

18Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Indian-Akbar.

Are you talking about Akbars on Liverpool Road in Manchester ? It's certainly got a good reputation.

Has anyone tried Simon Rogans Restaurant in Cartmel? It looks quite pricey but boy can he cook.

Its the best I have ever had.

Have you ever been ?

if so, what did you have.

19Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:35

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Really good food.

I will never go there then.

If it is good and you miss out because I reccommended it then you are a very pitiful person.

20Favourite restaurants. Empty Re: Favourite restaurants. Sun Mar 24 2013, 20:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have been about half a dozen times to Akbars. I've had the Rogan Josh, Bhuna and Karahi chicken and they were all delicious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum