Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

F1.

+8
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
Tigermin
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
chipbutty
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 F1. Empty F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:48

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

What is the reason of Formula One?

Big trouble apparently because one car over-took another against team orders.

Err... If I shelled out loads of cash (and it's not cheap) to watch a race, the least I would expect is that the cars would race.

I heard on the radio today, a former world champion, Something Watson say that the man who overtook the other (against team orders apparently) should be banned. What crazy kind of sport is this?

May I recommend to anyone considering paying money to go and watch this nonsensence, just go to the street corner and watch the cars go past.

2 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:53

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You can see why team management won't have been happy.

But you can also see why they drivers did it. It's a race ffs.

3 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:57

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Surely the whole reason of a RACE is to win it?

Never knew they had tactics in F1

4 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:59

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They obviously didn't want their two drivers racing each other and crashing when they had first and second place guaranteed if they just stayed as they were.

5 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:06

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

So what about the people who turned up, paid good money and expected to see a race.
Do they not matter?

6 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:07

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Do you think the team management give a flying fuck about that?

7 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:10

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Probably not.

More fool the ones who turn up just to watch cars drive down the road.

8 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:13

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They must be mad.

Then again I travel all over the country to watch a bunch of overpaid wankers kick a football around a field.

9 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:They must be mad.

Then again I travel all over the country to watch a bunch of overpaid wankers kick a football around a field.

United???

I always thought you were a bad'un!

10 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:21

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ffs Amos stop trying to ruin another thread.

11 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:36

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Ffs Amos stop trying to ruin another thread.

Can you not take a joke, Bernard?

Just as much of a joke as what F1 was at the weekend. Racers should eb able to race without being told to come second or whatever - it should be about race to win!!! And Hamilton going to the wrong pit - what else can be said!!!!

12 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:41

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Stop harassing me.

13 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:44

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:They must be mad.

F1. 459784477

14 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would be a race if they drove in identical cars, but F1 is an engineering nerd and wallet measuring thing too. I get it, but I can never be arsed to watch it.
The rules are a nonsense e.g. they banned those curtains that made them go faster just because a few drivers died horribly. Point is, they control the spec which means that there's little scope for significant innovation.
Wouldn't it be better if they just put them on giant tracks like Scalextric with a massive rocket up their arse? I might watch that. Once.

15 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 21:59

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bunch of babies.

Folk only watch F1 in the hope of seeing a crash.

Suzi was looking alright in that black dress though.

16 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 22:07

chipbutty wrote:
What is the reason of Formula One?

Big trouble apparently because one car over-took another against team orders.

Err... If I shelled out loads of cash (and it's not cheap) to watch a race, the least I would expect is that the cars would race.

I heard on the radio today, a former world champion, Something Watson say that the man who overtook the other (against team orders apparently) should be banned. What crazy kind of sport is this?

May I recommend to anyone considering paying money to go and watch this nonsensence, just go to the street corner and watch the cars go past.

I like the F1, the problem basically comes down to it being a team sport and both Webber and Vettel are supposed to serve the team over themselves.

They were told to turn down their engines and 'hold position' for the last 15 laps in Malaysia, the teams are only allowed 8 engines a year so if they get the chance; like they did in this race, it's a good opportunity to save the engines for the rest of the season.

Also by not attacking eachother they're more likely to hold top 2 and less likely to crash like in Turkey 2010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9VdapQyWfg when Vettel fucked up again.

The Team championship is considered more prestigous than the drivers and that's why the emphasis is on that. John Watson's right the only thing that would make Vettel be a team player in future is a ban.

17 F1. Empty Re: F1. Mon Mar 25 2013, 22:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Surely the whole reason of a RACE is to win it?

Never knew they had tactics in F1

It's a bit like Rugby Onion were the object is to kick the ball in the crowd!

18 F1. Empty Re: F1. Tue Mar 26 2013, 08:15

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sky's coverage of F1 is fantastic, all those people up in arms about them getting the tv rights were stupid, sky do an awesome job with sports.
I am into F1 again but yeah it seems wrong for the bosses telling their drivers not to over take. It certainly puts me off ever betting on it!

19 F1. Empty Re: F1. Tue Mar 26 2013, 11:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

I like the F1, the problem basically comes down to it being a team sport and both Webber and Vettel are supposed to serve the team over themselves.

They were told to turn down their engines and 'hold position' for the last 15 laps in Malaysia, the teams are only allowed 8 engines a year so if they get the chance; like they did in this race, it's a good opportunity to save the engines for the rest of the season.

Also by not attacking eachother they're more likely to hold top 2 and less likely to crash like in Turkey 2010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9VdapQyWfg when Vettel fucked up again.

The Team championship is considered more prestigous than the drivers and that's why the emphasis is on that. John Watson's right the only thing that would make Vettel be a team player in future is a ban.

I love F1. There are so many characters among the F1 drivers and there are many twists and turns each season.

BWFC1874 is quite correct. The really big money is made by the team that wins the constructors championship. Individual races don't count for as much as winning the constructors title. Webber and Vettel don't like each other and seeing as Vettel has been World Champion three times and Webber has never won it, there is always tension when the two of them race side by side. Under normal circumstances each team has a number 1 and number 2 driver and the team are allowed to issue instructions to the drivers. The drivers are employed and paid by the team so they have an obligation to obey orders. If both your cars are 1st and 2nd then the last thing you want is the pair of them crashing while trying to overtake one another. Vettel was told to stay behind Webber but he disobeyed orders which is why he has been given some stick in the press. At the end of the day, it's a team game. That's why you have two cars. Rosberg was told to stay behind Hamilton because Mercedes had 3rd and 4th place wrapped up and they also didn't want a collision.

I see F1 as a real life soap opera played out at incredible speed, where the slightest mistake can cost you dearly.

This year as well as Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes vying for top spot, we also have Lotus which has really come on in the last 12 months. Their number 1 driver, Kimi Raikkonen is an ice cold competitor and former World champion and he is one to watch for if Lotus can keep improving their engine.

20 F1. Empty Re: F1. Tue Mar 26 2013, 11:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Webber taking off in Valencia and proving that Red Bull really does give you wings.

https://youtu.be/HIFV7Q5FZuk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum