Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Holden to Wednesday on loan to 24th April

+12
terenceanne
Lofty_Love
Tigermin
chipbutty
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
WhiteBic
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

STUART Holden is poised to join Sheffield Wednesday on a short-term loan.

The US international midfielder's appearances have been restricted since his return from long-term injury, with just one Championship game under his belt in the last two-and-a-half months.

Holden came off the bench against Peterborough United in February but has since been an unused substitute.

It is understood that the move will not hinder his contract talks with Wanderers and that Dougie Freedman does see him in his future first team plans.

Wanderers are still actively looking to recruit in the loan window, which closes at 5pm, and are looking to sign a winger and a defender to bolster their play-off push.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Mar 28 2013, 14:58; edited 1 time in total

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It is a good move, I just hope he does get game time and returns fit for pre season.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he's getting games, great. Fingers crossed nothing flares up!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's getting games for a League Rival.

He will probably play loads and really improve them.

He will sign a new 3 year deal just before he returns.

The day before he comes back, he will get a triple open leg fracture in his last day of training with them and be ruled out for 3 years...

Great loan, hopefully he gets some game time.

Probably Dougies way of testing his fitness, if he comes through unscathed he'll get a new contract.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just looked on twitter first tweet i see.

WTF has this club come to. No contract for Davies, Holden loaned out #joke

:suicide:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop stalking me.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not seen anyone mention this but Holden has been offered a new deal.

Freedman - "this is an oppurtunity for Stuart to go out and get games. Sheffield Wednesday are a big club and he'll be working with a good manager in Dave jones.

This is the next step in his rehabilation process and he'll come back to us match fit. This is the best move for Stuart and is a win-win situation for everyone involved.

We had a good chat earlier in the week. I informed him that we want him with us next season And have offered him a contract extension[b]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not for believing he's that rusty he should be loaned out to get games, baring in mind the current underwhelming nature of the midfield.

Moreover, he's not worth a considerable proportion of his hefty wages to Wednesday unless his fitness is a smaller problem than Dougie implies, which admittedly is a possibility.

So he's fit enough to play for another championship team but not for us.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden might well be shite, but I'd like to see for myself....especially as the midfield is currently as creative as concrete.

Another Dougie mistake.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've done some moaning today Natasha. Give it a fucking rest

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:You've done some moaning today Natasha. Give it a fucking rest

Because I'm pissed off. We say goodbye to our best player and say hello to a couple of donkeys who won't play a single game for BWFC.

You know I'm right.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden will get game time and come back in much better shape and sign a new contract. It's a good move.

I agree about the incomings though, I doubt they'll make much impact

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:You've done some moaning today Natasha. Give it a fucking rest

FYI - thats the act.

:good:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

FYI - thats the act.

:good:

You're right, I should be happy with everything that happens at BWFC.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's a financially good move by BWFC. We should find out how good Holden's knee is in a few weeks whilst he's on loan to Wednesday.

If his "dodgy" knee, fails the task, then obviously, we shouldn't offer him a new contract.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Believe quote:- "And have offered him a new contract".

Freedman has come up with a new way of not playing his best players.
So far he has left them on the bench. Now with the play-offs still a possibility he sends them to a rival club.

If Wonderland (The place Alice went too) had a football team, Dithering Dougie would surely be their manager.
Curiouser & curiouser.

Last edited by chipbutty on Thu Mar 28 2013, 22:20; edited 1 time in total

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We should be grateful the guy can still walk,he was brought back after some dodgy re-hab by Coyles backroom staff too early and ended up with a worse injury than he started with !! He was a great prospect before the tackle from that scum wanker,lets hope he still has a career ahead of him and if after this loan period he proves his fitness then maybe we can have the old Stu back in the fold for whatever next season brings !!!

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes not played properly for two years and people expect him to be able to play at full capacity for us during a promotion push?

Reality check needed imo.

Chungy has taken a hell of a lot of games to start getting anywhere near to how he was and his injury was far less severe(although still bad). Some players never get back to how good they were, the perfect (currently popular) case would be Owen.

We have had this great run of games without Holden. I think its a good move for him, as long as he does get a decent amount of game time.

Nat, you said Holden would never play in a Bolton shirt again and have been calling him a shite signing for the last year, but your opinions seem to have changed now hes gone on loan.. Not surprising really as all your opinions seem to change eventually.

Hes recoving well, going to get game time elsewhere as we can't afford it him during a push for promotion and we are in 'advanced' talks with him about a new contract. Tbh if you would have told that news to most Bolton fans last summer they would be delighted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum