Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Holden to Wednesday on loan to 24th April

+12
terenceanne
Lofty_Love
Tigermin
chipbutty
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
WhiteBic
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Nat, you said Holden would never play in a Bolton shirt again and have been calling him a shite signing for the last year, but your opinions seem to have changed now hes gone on loan.. Not surprising really as all your opinions seem to change eventually.

I said Holden would not play for Bolton again - how does him going to play for another club mean it's any less likely?

I said he's been a shite signing overall because he's played something like 3% of our games since he signed. How can that ever be anything but a shite signing?

Despite all that, I would still like him to prove me wrong. And I would have preferred it to be in a Bolton shirt.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been offered a new deal and dougie has said he's joined Wednesday to gain match fitness.

If all goes well with his knee he will return as our captain and lead us to glory

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:

Nat, you said Holden would never play in a Bolton shirt again and have been calling him a shite signing for the last year, but your opinions seem to have changed now hes gone on loan.. Not surprising really as all your opinions seem to change eventually.

I said Holden would not play for Bolton again - how does him going to play for another club mean it's any less likely?

I said he's been a shite signing overall because he's played something like 3% of our games since he signed. How can that ever be anything but a shite signing?

Despite all that, I would still like him to prove me wrong. And I would have preferred it to be in a Bolton shirt.

but he has played for us again?

Crying or Very sad Laughing

wrong again.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm 50/50 on it .....
Good to get games in and match fitness .....but if he's fit enough for them why not us? considering we are poor in the midfield currrently.
If we don't win the majority of our games it won't make any diference what shape he comes back in. He might be fit for the beach in summer....that's about it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can't guarantee him a run of games whilst our other midfielders are in form, he needs minutes to earn a place in America's team for their competition this summer.

I can't believe there are people who don't see the value of this move. He's been given a test to prove he can get fit and stay fit in a team where he's more likely to get game time. All we can offer him is off the bench and often our games are too tight to just throw on Holden. We normally need Medo to defend a lead.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

When I first heard about this I was a bit surprised by it and knew exactly the sort of reaction it would get from some so called fans on the social media pages - some of the comments being made about this on the bwfc facebook page are laughable.

He has gone out for just under a month to get match fit and more game time than we could offer him, I don't see the problem really. Yes he is our best midfielder, only when he is match fit though and trust me at the moment he is far from that.

It could potentially be a stroke of genius from Doogie, if he comes back and we are still in with a shout of the play offs, having him for the final few games could be vital.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think there are any concerns about his injury or he simply wouldn't be playing - for anyone. So presumably the question is about Stu's form and perhaps fitness.
Like everyone else, Dougie needs to know if Stu will find the form and fitness he used to have - I would certainly like to test that out if I was considering offering him a lucrative contract.
Clearly Stu hasn't found it yet, otherwise Dougie would play him. Whilst we're still in with an outside chance of making the playoffs, putting an unproven Stu into our team is too much of a gamble. So can anyone think of a better way of testing him out in competitive matches than loaning him to another side playing at the same level? I can't.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Lust asks if anyone can think of a better way.
Err.... I think I can.
Play him for your own team where you can chose which position he plays, when he starts or when he's a sub, when to bring him off if he's picked up a knock. In other words, keep him under your own control. The Bolton Wanderers manager should manage Bolton Wanderers players not leave it for others to do.

I thought Dougie was a bit of a nutter when he left Petrov out the squad and played Alofo (spelling?) on the left-wing. This latest lunatic move proves to me he is.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Who's Alofo? Laughing

Afobe?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm tired of people saying this move is about match fitness - he's been in full training for several months now and has numerous reserve games under his belt.

There are only two explanations for this move:

1) Dougie knows Holden isn't the same player and wants Sheff Weds to prove this so he doesn't have to offer him a new contract.

2) Dougie isn't sure how good Holden is but doesn't have the balls to give him a run in the BWFC team.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Give up already.

chipbutty wrote:Lust asks if anyone can think of a better way.
Err.... I think I can.
Play him for your own team where you can chose which position he plays, when he starts or when he's a sub, when to bring him off if he's picked up a knock. In other words, keep him under your own control. The Bolton Wanderers manager should manage Bolton Wanderers players not leave it for others to do.

I thought Dougie was a bit of a nutter when he left Petrov out the squad and played Alofo (spelling?) on the left-wing. This latest lunatic move proves to me he is.

If he's still the player he was (or half) he'll be the best midfielder Wednesday have. He goes to a club where he's far more likely to get game time and fitness.

We know how important fitness is to Dougie -which is a good thing by the way no matter what a number of idiots on here say- and the improvement in it is a major reason for us getting results now, holding on/nicking goals at the end.

We're going into the most crucial run of fixtures in the season, and you want him to drop one of the midfielders who have delivered this improvement in form and put in a semi fit player?

Or he could loan him to a team where he will get game time, confidence and form? Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later and if it does we activate the 24 hour recall so he comes back, match fit and ready to perform for us.

It's a great move, I've always supported players being loaned out instead of rotting on the bench, you cannot compare any aspect of a reserve team football to the first team.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:Lust asks if anyone can think of a better way.
Err.... I think I can.
Play him for your own team where you can chose which position he plays, when he starts or when he's a sub, when to bring him off if he's picked up a knock. In other words, keep him under your own control. .
He's already tried that and it didn't work.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Of course it didn't work, at first.
But gradually, slowly, under Bolton's direction, it will.

How long has he been back in full training now? Players only get match fit by, guess what, playing matches, not by running round a field and certainly not by sitting in those big seats (I won't call it a 'bench') watching other less good players.

This is a point that is being over-looked. The ones playing in mid-field are pretty mediocre. It's not as if there is great competition in that department.

What is impossible for me to understand is the reason being put forward for this move is to get Holden fit. What's stopping him getting match fit at his own club?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

because obviously you'd rather he work off the rust at another club.

If he was thrown straight in and made a couple of big mistakes, or picked up a niggling injury, i wonder if Dougie would be praised.

let me think, no he'd be slagged for "bringing him back too early"

Basically he can't win.

I think this is a good move for Stu, gets his confidence back (hopefully) works off the rust (hopefully) and builds up fitness (hopefully)

win win if he does all that.

chipbutty wrote:

What is impossible for me to understand is the reason being put forward for this move is to get Holden fit. What's stopping him getting match fit at his own club?

Players only get match fit by, guess what, playing matches, not by running round a field and certainly not by sitting in those big seats (I won't call it a 'bench') watching other less good players.

You answer your own question. Im beginning to think you're just moaning for the sake of it.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's all right saying he can come back for the last few games ....but if lose today and one more we about finished for this season. So what's the sense of saving Holden for the last few games.

terenceanne wrote:It's all right saying he can come back for the last few games ....but if lose today and one more we about finished for this season. So what's the sense of saving Holden for the last few games.

Because it's nothing to do with saving him, it's getting him match fit and in form so he's be able to make a difference for us sooner rather than later. This guy needs to be playing football as Hipster says let him work off the rust somewhere we can give him the game time.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need him back imo, can we cancel the deal please!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum