Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What players would you bin off in the summer ?

+11
terenceanne
Born to be a wanderer
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
aaron_bwfc
Barryjw
Jamster26
wanderlust
Bernard Dennis Park
gloswhite
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd like to see the back of.
Ricketts.
Ream.
Mills.
Mears.
Andrews.
Wylde
Ngog.
Knight.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Are we joining a 5-a-side league ?Very Happy

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wouldn't be that sorry to see any of them leave tbh.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What budget have I got to replace them?

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think we need a decent championship striker who can get us goals. I thought that could have been Sordell, but he looks really poor nd we definitely need a goal-scorer in the summer. We also need a strong center back and a good winger, and a full back.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about Doyle from Wolves ?

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Is he a goalscorer? He works hard for the team but I think we have enough grafters.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I've no idea who is in and out of contract at 30th June but certainly changes will be made. Players in contract will be moved on if they do not fit Dougie's plan. I suspect that Rickets will be moved on because of his age,lack of pace and contract. Alonso is on his way so two new full backs are a cert hence the link with Sainsbury. A wide midfielder and possibly attacking central midfielder, and at least one striker again depending on departures as at least five strikers needed for a long hard season. With Wheater regaining fitness I doubt resources will be used for more central defenders. Having said this I have been disapointed with Ream who has a lack of physical presence. In particular the lack of distance he gets on clearing headers with tend to put us under pressure. We have seen little of Mills but what we have seen has been poor. He was excellent at Reading and I hope the management's influence will bring on his game as they seem to have done with Pratley and Alonso. No doubt the release list will be published within the next seven days which may give us a clue towards the thinking? Certainly I am more optimistic for 2013/14 than I was for 2012/13. We all live in hope. A happy close season to all!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If this Sainsbury fella is a right back then I can only guess that either Mears or Ricketts are being shown the door.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I think Rickets is the favourite to be moved on? Can't see anyone wanting to take Mears because of his length of time out of the game with a broken leg, glandular fever, pox and anything else he has picked up along the way. Maybe if OC gets a job he may wish to continue his`Old boys network` and make a bid?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Definitely need to leave: Knight, Mears and Andrews.

Sell if the right offer comes in: N'Gog, Sordell (we need a big offer) and CY Lee (sadly)

Definitely need to keep: Eagles, Mavies, Ricketts and Medo.

The rest I'd be happy to keep, but they're replaceable.

(EDIT: I didn't mention K.Davies or Alonso as it's a given they're leaving!)

Last edited by Sgt. Bash on Sun May 05 2013, 14:45; edited 1 time in total

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As for the kids...

Definitely keep: Vela, Riley and Eaves

Definitely let go: Blakeman, McKee, Sampson and Odelusi

Need to see: Bolger and Lester

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

For the kids Dougie may send Riley (when fit) Odelusi and Lester off on loan for experience. All players who have trained with the first team squad. Bolger has only just signed a contract and is going nowhere

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let go: Mears, knight, mills, Andrews, pratley, sordell.

Would leave a big rebuilding job but as dougie already had two replacements lined up (sainsbury & an attacking midfielder)

He'd need to bring in two centre backs and a goalscorer. To get us out of
This league I'd take Dwight gayle, scored about 14 for Peterborough, would get close to 20 with us IMO. Not sure he'd be good enough for the prem but we'd have to cross that bridge if and when we get there.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Peterborough chairman quoted at least 10 million for Dwight Gayle on Footballers Football Show last week!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peterboroughs chairmans an idiot, 10 mill for a league one player?

If he recieves a 1.5 mill bid he'll bite our hand off.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

You may be right however, don't shoot the messenger!

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Need a proven goal scorer i think Kevin Phillips scored more on loan at palace than Sordell,N,gog,K Davies got between themselves all season.His seasons total at Blackpool n Palace would defo.Burnley seem to pick up goal scorers Austin,Rodrigues who went to Southampton.We seem to get our goals from midfield Eagles,Mark Davies when he was fit.We need a new left back ,right back,I'm presuming knight and Wheater will be our first day central partnership.As Knight as another year on his contract.Id keep Eagles,Medo,Wheater obviously Holden,Mark Davies,CYL as i think he will improve after having being out for a season with a broken leg.Pratley is still under contract.Personally if dynamo Kiev came in for N,gog and offered £4 million ill pay his air fare.The defence is crap and our forwards don't score goals there is a start Dougie.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Don't rule out Knight moving to the MLS.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Barryjw wrote:Don't rule out Knight moving to the MLS.

We can but hope, dream and pray!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum