Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Holidays

+3
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Summer Holidays Empty Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 16:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I used to think people that whinged about kids being off school were just sour until our council (that's skint) recently built two children's play areas in front of my house.

Needless to say the only clientele it really attracts are little shits ranging from 13-16 that have been known to stay there mouthing off until the early hours of the morning, and I find myself forever fantasising about going out to paste them with my cricket bat.

Do you get aggravated during the summer holidays?

2Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 17:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I used to think people that whinged about kids being off school were just sour until our council (that's skint) recently built two children's play areas in front of my house.

Needless to say the only clientele it really attracts are little shits ranging from 13-16 that have been known to stay there mouthing off until the early hours of the morning, and I find myself forever fantasising about going out to paste them with my cricket bat.

Once again, are you me?

They shouldn't build kids play areas anymore as all they do is attract chavs and drunks. The one round the corner from me was opened a few months ago and has been vandalised on several occasions. It now looks like a kids play area from Syria.

I often go to sleep at night dreaming of killing the lot of them, and thinking of ways I could get away with it.

3Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 17:09

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Once again, are you me?

Do you hate Kevin Davies and fantasize about Tuncay?

4Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 17:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

Do you hate Kevin Davies and fantasize about Tuncay?

Ok, I'm not Doffcocker.

5Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 21:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I used to think people that whinged about kids being off school were just sour until our council (that's skint) recently built two children's play areas in front of my house.

It's a bloody nightmare for me. Schoolkids get 13 weeks holidays a year and they are currently off for five weeks. It's too long in my opinion.

6Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 22:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Teaching is an exhausting and all-consuming profession and I don't begrudge teachers their Summer holidays.

As for the kids, well, I remember looking forward to the 5/6 weeks off in the Summer all year round and they were some of the happiest days of my life, so I'm struggling to begrudge the kids that too.

Surely anyone who has to use the roads in the morning must appreciate the extra time they gain through the kids not being at school.

7Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 22:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Surely anyone who has to use the roads in the morning must appreciate the extra time they gain through the kids not being at school.

You are spot on there. I drive for a living and most of the schools in the area where I live broke up on Friday. The roads have been bloody perfect this week.

8Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:10

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I used to work on a major arterial road. My journey to work was about 2 miles to join this road, and then 3 miles along this road.

If I were to walk out of my house and drive there right now I would be there in just under twenty minutes.

At time, during the winter, the journey could take an hour and three quarters.

During school holidays this would go down to about thirty five minutes.

I don't really understand it, I had to get the bus to school as a kid, my mother took me on the bus until I was about 7, and then I got the bus on my own from then onwards. All these precious darlings getting dropped off at the school gates every day must cost industry millions each day through slower logistics, wasted time, employee absenteeism and so on.

9Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I also loved the summer holidays, but I didn't spend mine mindlessly pissing off other people. I was out playing football, tennis, cricket ,etc, or inside watching films, listening to music or playing Championship Manager, not playing music on my phone in public, keeping an entire neighbourhood awake.

So there are some people I begrudge a holiday, and some that don't.

10Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I were a lad I used to get up half an hour before I went to bed....

The good old days.

11Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Wed Jul 25 2012, 01:41

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bliss dont have to get up to drive the kids to the station.
Dont have to put up with the fashion mums in the Chelsea Tractors.
Still have to walk the dogs .

12Summer Holidays Empty Re: Summer Holidays Wed Jul 25 2012, 11:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Did Bolton have the longest summer holidays in the country?

I remember we used to have Bolton fortnight then 6 weeks then another Bolton week; then later in school life the moved teh Bolton fortnight so we had to go back to school for 3 weeks before the main summer holidays followed by the Bolton week.

Nowadays its just the plain old 6 weeks as Bolton holidays have been done away with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum